Fusion and hair growth?

MissFallon

I want to get fusion extensions put in but I wanted to know if it is worth the risk to my hair. I want to continue growing it but want to add some length in the meantime. I plan on sticking to my regimen and giving extra care to my hair but I'm scared that my hair is going to break off with the extensions. Has anyone had or known anyone with fusion who has grown their own hair out? Or is it not worth it?

SohoHair

Extreme damage from Fusion extensions was the reason I turned to LHCF in the first place last year. And they truly do not look all that natural, it looks like you have dolls hair on your head. I went to one of the "best" salons in NYC to get them done and my hair STILL broke off and got soooo weakened at the point the extensions were attatched. I would not reccomend them ever to anyone.

Namilani

I was just getting ready to say: Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl, don't it! This girl at work is dern near bald from 'em! And look at Ms. Spears hair :ohwell:!

cocomama

One my old hair dresser used to do fusion hair extensions. She whispered to me one day that every time she would take them out for a client their hair would come out in clumps. She said that it made the person totally depend on the fusion after a while, because they were going bald:(

"DON'T DO IT LAMOUNT!"...Fred G. Sanford

Last edited:
P

patient1

Just in case you do it, against all these warnings, orange essential oil is supposed to be a gentle way of removing the bonds. Perhaps you can insist that your stylist use this to break the bond and reduce hair loss.

I just think sew-ins are the best option myself, but if you'd really like to experiment I'm sure you know to have a looong talk with your potential stylist.

hth,
p1

Galleta

don't do it. when you take them out you'll lose chunks of hair and your hair will break off at the point where the glue and hair is attached to.

MissFallon

aww man y'all just killed that dream. I guess I will just have to be in protective styles until I reach midback again:ohwell: