garnier fructis commercial...interesting

asha

I just saw a newer garnier fructis commercial featuring the deep fortifying conditioner....well someone from the company must be reading these boards because the commercial featured a black girl with (at the beginning) very hard to manage big hair...the voice over mentioned breakage as this girl tried to pick out her hair (yes with a pick) while it was.. gasp...dry. As the commercial continues she smooths on the deep fortifying conditioner and the next time you see her, she has beautiful big bouncy curls..and someone grabs her hair and holds it up, twisting it in the process to show the strength of it...she is now happy and frolicking with all her friends.

After all the good reviews of this particular garnier product on the forum...wonder if someone didn't get some ideas for this commercial from the forum...

lisatamika

If they haven't been visitng this board they need to! So do all the other hair product companies!! They could make some big money off of us!

ms_kenesha

I liked that they used the black girl, but I felt that the commercial was unrealistic because it looked like her curls were the product of a curling iron or rollers.
She was very pretty though & I cannot wait until my natural hair looks like that

H

honey_jammz82

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I liked that they used the black girl, but I felt that the commercial was unrealistic because it looked like her curls were the product of a curling iron or rollers.
She was very pretty though & I cannot wait until my natural hair looks like that

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it too! It was a bit unrealistic with the transformation!

cutebajangirl

I think a lot of companies and magazines are lurking here. There are things I have never seen outside this board that are now showing up everywhere.

katie

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I think a lot of companies and magazines are lurking here. There are things I have never seen outside this board that are now showing up everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting.What have you seen showing up elsewhere?

cutebajangirl

Conditioning before pooing.
Articles on how to communicate to your hair dresser that you want to grow your hair and don't want a trim.
Some other stuff but I'd have to look at my magazines again. I was gonna start a thread on it a while ago but decided against it.

Allandra

With all of the internet hair care boards out there, I'm sure a lot of people in the hair care industry are viewing them.

rozlips

Yeah, I thought it was interesting too. Quite unrealistic, but interesting. I was fascinated that the guy who was holding her hair was either white or very fair skinned.

michiganlady1

[ QUOTE ]
ladylibra_30 said:
that commercial helped me 'decide' if i wanted to purchase their line. that and the cute bottles!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! Has anyone tried the Smoothing Milk by Garnier? It's like a leave-in conditioning cream---I think.....

SweetNic_JA

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true!

cutebajangirl

I know but I just wish they would start sponsoring the boards. After all those years of putting out harmful products and/or practices to atone for it they should at the very least sponsor some boards. HInt, Hint whoever is reading this, LOL.

hothair

:yep: Even here in Ldn!!! The Superdrug (duane reade type) carries pure coconut oil in a tub (like vaseline) and its pretty good, even the minorities that work there don't give me weird looks when I pick up Aussie and L'oreal products anymore :lol:

ETA: the hair adverts here (even with caucasian products tell you (in most cases) that hair or eyelash extensions were used in filming, so ofcourse it goes without saying there's usually enhancement

Last edited:

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
That is cool! I don't think it's unrealistic in the sense that the commercial is showing her hair dry & damaged, and then styled and healthy. I don't think it is necessary to show ALL the steps. Just the fact that they show a beautiful black girl with gorgeous hair who gets a little 'help' from the Fructis, is right on time. I think all types of hair should be featured.