Garnier Fructis Long & Strong

Tai

Garnier has now come out with the Long & Strong anti-breakage strengthening system. It consists of a shampoo, conditioner and Anti Breakage ends treatment. It's designed to treat and prevent split ends, fragile or hard to grow long hair.

I just picked up the conditioner. I couldn't find the ends treatment. Has anyone else started using it?

OnceUponAtime

Tai,
You beat me to it. I just started using this today. I'm using the conditioner and the ends treatment. I'm going to give it a week before I post a review.

OnceUponAtime

RushGirl said:
I've never heard of it.. are there any cones in the conditioner??? Ya know, is it CG friendly??

Here are the ingredients in the conditioner:

water, cetyl alchohol, peg-180, behentrimonium chloride, pyrus malus/apple extract, amodimethicone, fragrance, cetyl esters, lauryl peg/ppg/18/18 methicone, methyparaben, hydroxyethylcellulose, lanolin, naicinamide, pyridoxine hci, trideceth-12, citric acid, sugar cane extract, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, cetrimonium chloride, linalool, lemon peel extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract

Tai

Where did you find the ends treatment, OnceUponATime? What are the ingredient for that?

OnceUponAtime

Tai,
I bought the ends treatment at my local drugstore (RiteAid).

The ingredients are:
water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, hydroxypropl guar, phenoxethanol, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, behentrimonium chloride, aminomethyl propanol, trideceth-12, polyquartenium-4, dimethiconal, limonene, linalool, benzyl salicyate, amodimethicone, alpha-isomethyl ionone, avacodo oil, carbomer, potato starch modified, methylparaben, butylphenyl methlpropional, citronellol, cetrmonium chlorice, laureth-23, laureth-4, apricot kernel oil, coumarin, hexyl cinnamal, fragrance

LiLi

I just bought the entire system on Friday.

OnceUponAtime - Was the conditioner a good detangler?

I am probably going to use everything on Wednesday.

Cxshortie

I bought the conditioner and treatment two weeks ago and I love the way garnier smells and leaves my smelling after I wash and condition it. I havent used the treatment yet, but I love the conditioner. It helps detangle my hair better than my former conditioner. Now I dont have to use as much surge 14 as I used to.

OnceUponAtime

LiLi said:
I just bought the entire system on Friday.

OnceUponAtime - Was the conditioner a good detangler?

I am probably going to use everything on Wednesday.

Although I liked the way it felt, my hair was super tangled (I slept without protecting my hair) and I only had a short time to wash before going back out to shovel snow. It seemed to work well. I wouldn't say it has super slip, but it got the job done.

Tai

I just used it. My hair was soft and it did leave some slip but not as much as DDTA (tender apple or tropical aloe). My hair wasn't tangled at all and it started off being tangled at the crown before I co-washed it with the Long & Healthy.

carletta

I've got it, " just the conditioner " I haven't been using it long enough to tell a difference yet. We'll see how it goes! I'll let you ladies how it works out in about 2 weeks from now :) !

AJamericanDiva

Has anyone used these products as yet? I just bought the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in from CVS. They were having a sale... I got each product for $2.99. I am especially interested in the leave-in as it was originally around $6 something and I was able to get it for $2.99, so I got two bottles. I'll post feedback once I've tried it. Just seeing who else tried and it and what were their results... I think $2.99 is an expensive investment... let's hope my hair likes it!!!

Here's some of the product descriptions...

Garnier Fructis Leave-In Treatment Long and Strong

Purpose
Leave-In Treatment

Uses
Anti-breakage strengthening system.* New Garnier Fructis Long and Strong Anti-Split Ends Treatment contains nutritive fruit micro-oils to repair split ends and nourish damaged hair that is prone to breakage for longer stronger hair. The weightless formula gives strength, shine and smoothness for beautiful hair. 1. It nourishes the hair from root to tip. 2. It works inside the hair strand to strengthen it. 3. It smoothes the hair to the tip. Proven Results: *The Garnier Fructis Long and Strong system of Shampoo, Conditioner and Anti-Split Ends Treatment makes hair stronger, smoother and so much shinier.

Directions
Dispense 2 pumps of product, or as much as needed for your hair type, into the palms of your hands. Apply uniformly to towel-dried hair. Do not rinse. For best results, use the Garnier Fructis Long and Strong System. Create and control any style you want with Garnier Fructis Style.

Active Ingredients
Aqua/Water; Cyclopentasiloxane; Propylene Glycol; Hydroxypropyl Guar; Phenoxyethanol; PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil; PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone; Behentrimonium Chloride; Aminomethyl Propanol; Trideceth-12; Polyquaternium-4; Dimethiconol; Limonene; Linalool; Benzyl Salicylate; Amodimethicone; Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone; Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil; Carbomer; Potato Starch Modified; Methylparaben; Butylparaben; Methylpropional; Citronellol; Cetrimonium Chloride; Laureth-23; Laureth-4; Prunus Armeniaca/Apricot Kernel Oil; Coumarin; Hexyl Cinnamal; Parfum/Fragrance

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Long and Strong

Shampoo

Uses
Anti-Breakage Strengthening System*: New Garnier Fructis Long and Strong defends against the main problems of growing long hair: breakage, split ends and dullness for strength and shine. Active Fruit Concentrate: The Garnier Fructis Long and Strong formula with active fruit concentrate helps reinforce the hair from root to tip, protecting it from breakage and split ends, smoothing the hair's surface to keep it long, strong and shiny. 1. It nourishes the hair from root to tip. 2. It works inside the hair strand to strengthen it. 3. It smoothes the hair to the tip. Proven Results: *The Garnier Fructis Long and Strong System of Shampoo, Conditioner and Anti-Split Ends Treatment makes hair stronger, smoother, and so much shinier. For hair that shines with all its strength.

Directions
Massage into wet hair; lather and rinse thoroughly. For best results, use the Garnier Fructis Long and Strong System. Create and control any style you want with Garnier Fructis Style.

Active Ingredients
Aqua/Water; Sodium Laureth Sulfate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Dimethicone; Cocamide MIPA; Distearyl Ether; Sodium Chloride; Behenyl Alcohol; Laureth-2; PPG-5-Ceteth-20; Pyrus Malus/Apple Fruit Extract; Parfum/Fragrance; Sodium Methylparaben; Carbomer; DMDM Hydantoin; Niacinamide; Pyridoxine HCl; Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride; Citric Acid; Saccharum Officinarum/Sugar Cane Extract; Linalool; Butylphenyl Methylpropional; Citrus Limonum/Lemon Peel Extract; Camellia Sinensis/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

Garnier
Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner - Long & Strong
Split Ends, Fragile or Hard-to-Grow-Long Hair.
Anti-Breakage Strengthening System.
With Active Fruit Concentrate.
Anti-Breakage Strengthening System:
Garnier Fructis Long & Strong defends against the main problems of growing long hair:
Breakage, split ends and dullness for long-lasting strength and shine.
Active Fruit Concentrate:
The Garnier Fructis Long & Strong formula with active fruit concentrate helps reinforce the hair from root to tip, protecting it from breakage and split ends, smoothing the hairs surface to help keep it long, strong and shiny.
It nourishes the hair from root to tip.
It works inside the hair strand to strengthen it.
It smoothes the hair to the tip.
Proven Results:
The Garnier Fructis Long & Strong System of shampoo, conditioner and anti-split ends treatment makes hair stronger, smoother and so much shiner - In brushing/combing tests, compared to an ordinary shampoo.
For hair that shines with all its strength.

Instructions

After shampooing, apply conditioner to hair from roots to tips.
Rinse.
For best results, use the Garnier Fructis Long & Strong System.
Create and control any style you want with fructis style.

Ingredients
Water Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-180 , Behentrimonium Chloride , Pyrus Malus Apple Fruit Extract , Amodimethicone , Parfum Fragrance , Cetyl Esters , Lauryl PEG-PPG-18 18 Methicone , Methylparaben , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Lanolin , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCI , Trideceth-12 , Citric Acid , Saccharum Officinarum Sugar Cane Extract , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Cetrimonium Chloride , Linalool , Citrus Limonum Lemon Peel Extract , Camellia Sinensis Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.

***Bumping for Updates***

Kikootie

RushGirl said:
I've never heard of it.. are there any cones in the conditioner??? Ya know, is it CG friendly??

Excuse me. What are cones and what should I know about them? :perplexed

Ashee

I have the Anti-Frizz Sleek & Shine Line, the 3-min Mask & the Weightless Anti-Split Ends Long & Strong:love: :love:.... So far so good before I braided up!
I am very happy with the GF Line:love: & can't wait to takes the braids out to use them again... Also the scent is amazingly good!!!!:grin:

Last edited:

Ashee

AJamericanDiva said:
Has anyone used these products as yet? I just bought the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in from CVS. They were having a sale... I got each product for $2.99. I am especially interested in the leave-in as it was originally around $6 something and I was able to get it for $2.99, so I got two bottles. I'll post feedback once I've tried it. Just seeing who else tried and it and what were their results... I think $2.99 is an expensive investment... let's hope my hair likes it!!!

Here's some of the product descriptions...

Garnier Fructis Leave-In Treatment Long and Strong

***Bumping for Updates***
$3 bucks for these is very good... Was it on sale today?? I have had success with my full line (Sleek & Shine). All I can say is to try it out... $3 is a lot cheaper that $6 ec. if your hair ends up not adapting to it... :look:

Last edited:

KEIONI'S MOM

I bought this product about four weeks ago and I have to say that I LOVE IT!!!!!! The shampoo is very moisturizing and Oh My God the conditioner gave my hair a lot of slip. I also have the 3 minute mask and the leave-in. I would recommend this product epsecially if you love products that smell great.

Kalani

I purchased their shampoo and used it once. It was nice and of course the smell is the best! I think I'll go get the conditioner and ends treatment since CVS is having a sale. :grin:

Ebony

oh my goodness, my co-worker & i were talking about these products a few days ago. She brought it up when we were talking about the dominican salon on houston near our job. anywayz, she told me i HAD to get GF because she's been using the line for months & it has made her hair & her daughter's hair so strong!

Ashee

Ebony said:
oh my goodness, my co-worker & i were talking about these products a few days ago. She brought it up when we were talking about the dominican salon on houston near our job. anywayz, she told me i HAD to get GF because she's been using the line for months & it has made her hair & her daughter's hair so strong!
Houston St???? There's a Dominican Salon there??? I work there.........:look:

ScorpioBeauty09

Wow, this thread is kinda old. I just used both the shampoo and the conditioner on my last wash day and wasn't too impressed. The smell was great but it didn't leave my hair feeling like my other conditioners do. I'm going to give it one more chance since I wasn't able to leave it on as long as I usually do and I just ordered a heating cap. So I'll try it again with the heating cap and see if that changes thing.

isawstars

Wow, this thread is kinda old. I just used both the shampoo and the conditioner on my last wash day and wasn't too impressed. The smell was great but it didn't leave my hair feeling like my other conditioners do. I'm going to give it one more chance since I wasn't able to leave it on as long as I usually do and I just ordered a heating cap. So I'll try it again with the heating cap and see if that changes thing.

Wow you dug this thread up :lol: I wonder if they changed the ingredients since then. I remember using their leave in coditioner back in the day and I liked it. But I was relaxed then.