Garnier Long and Strong....Any reviews?

ccd

Garnier has come out with this new one...Long and Strong, apparently helps to keep your hair shaft stronger and free of split ends......Sound interesting but also gimmicky at the same time...

If anyone uses please post a review:) I'm curious to know if they work....I thought some people here liked "sleek and something" so just checking in on this one:

http://www.garnierfructis.com/

chicamorena said:
I like to use it for conditioner washes.

So what does it do for your hair?...Do you have less shedding or stronger feeling in your hair?

Thanks in advance AND

Thanks for the link Wildchild ;)

ccd said:
So what does it do for your hair?...Do you have less shedding or stronger feeling in your hair?

Thanks in advance AND

Thanks for the link Wildchild ;)

CCD I haven't been using it for that long, just a couple of weeks. I haven't I'm actually doing a conditioner wash tonight, so I'll let you know exactly how my hair feels after using it.

chicamorena said:
CCD I haven't been using it for that long, just a couple of weeks. I haven't I'm actually doing a conditioner wash tonight, so I'll let you know exactly how my hair feels after using it.

Oh, ok. Thanksfor your quick response...let me know how you find it. Thanks again

I'm using the conditioner and the leave-in ends treatment. I'm a natural, so I wonder if my benefit will be different from others.

After I conditioner wash (V05), I apply the Long and Strong conditioner. I tuck my ends, then place a hair clip or shower cap and let the heat and moisture help it penetrait, then rinse. It really eliminates the tangles. It's definately a coating type conditioner, but somewhat light. So, there never seems to be a big build up (I do CO wash often, so I doubt I'll see much build up).

The ends treatment is a great detangler, but I only see that benefit on damp hair. So, I use it after the shower or when I spray Surge 14 on my dry hair.

Over all, I give it four :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: out of five. It's softening and seemed to be help reduce split ends, which I suffer from in these harsh winters. I don't know if it will be as beneficial in the summer, when I normally don't have as many "bad" hair days and when I use much lighter conditioners. I may keep the ends treatment in the summer.

I need to experiment more.

ccd said:
Oh, ok. Thanksfor your quick response...let me know how you find it. Thanks again

Okay CCD I used it last night this time paying attention to how my hair felt. I got in the shower and wet my hair, applied Long n Strong and let it sit on my hair until I was finished showering. I then rinsed my hair and it felt really soft and it was really easily to comb through. I also didn't lose any hairs. I put my hair into a ponytail and put a scarf on it so it could dry overnight. My hair feels really soft and smooth today.

Once upon and Chica Thanks for you responses..... It sounds good
I need to read the other thread but ......

I might give the end treatment and conditioner a try later in the summer months.....

Thanks again :)

I've been using the conditioner. I've only used it three times but love it so far. It leaves my hair feeling moisturized and slightly stronger. It detangles well and leaves slip. I will continue using it for conditioner washes. I noticed that it is slightly acidic and I probably would not use it for deep conditioning with heat.

I hated the leave-in conditioner. My hair felt really moist when I applied it but then my hair started shedding. I'm not sure why but, I rinsed it out and haven't tried it again since. soon as I rinsed it out, my hair stopped shedding. Maybe it's too acidic for me. It is a fruit based product so I'm thinking that's the problem.

I do love the daily conditioner.

keylargo said:
I've been using the conditioner. I've only used it three times but love it so far. It leaves my hair feeling moisturized and slightly stronger. It detangles well and leaves slip. I will continue using it for conditioner washes. I noticed that it is slightly acidic and I probably would not use it for deep conditioning with heat.

I hated the leave-in conditioner. My hair felt really moist when I applied it but then my hair started shedding. I'm not sure why but, I rinsed it out and haven't tried it again since. soon as I rinsed it out, my hair stopped shedding. Maybe it's too acidic for me. It is a fruit based product so I'm thinking that's the problem.

I do love the daily conditioner.

Thanks so much for the review!!! maybe I will try this in the summer

Lorraine said:
I just saw a commercial for this and was wondering about it as well. Thanks for posting this thread, ccd! ;)

You are so welcome:wave:

I always think of LHCF when I see something new at the BSS or commercials....this is my source for expert advice and experience

Last edited:
Back