Gelatin Protein Treatment??

wyldcurlz

celeb stylist ted gibson recommends that women buy unflavored Knox Gelatin and use it on their hair as a protein treatment. has anyone used gelatin as a protein treatment? if so, what was your experience? or better yet...does anyone think this would work well? i know its supposed to work for the nails, so technically it should work for the hair....keratin, right?

cabellera

Looks as if it was used as a styling product (hair gel). Seems as if the protein in the Gelatin hardens your hair the same way as an Aphogee treatment. That's how some people got those big Mohawks styles. :lol:

The gel has good properties and has been used for treatment of more internal ailments, so I don't see why it couldn't be successful as a hair "treatment" of sorts. I'm going to research it a little more.

adw425

I have a big container of protein rich conditioner (different creamy conditioners with ingredients like cysteine, keratin, collagen, etc.). Sometimes I added a package of unflavored gelatin to it to up the protein quotient. It worked very well. I used to do it alot, but now I have a big container of powdered herbs (oatstraw, barley grass, kelp, horsetail, etc.) that I mostly add to it now.

msa

:bump:

So I've been looking into gelatin as a cheap, easily available protein treatment. From what I've read, gelatin is just hydrolyzed collagen so I figure it will work pretty well. Any other thoughts/experiences about using it?

Sugar

I've used it in my homemade coconut cream and honey conditioner. It clumps up and forms "jello" that I end up having to pick out of my hair with my fingers. :nono:

There's gotta be a better way to use it...