GET THAT HAIR OUT THE DRAIN!

Angelicus

I knew my drain was clogged. Since I wash daily, I know that a ton of hair ends up in the drain. I even have a drain filter thingy but it doesn't get all the hair. I usd to just pour bleach down the drain, which usually helps, but doesn't this time. Then I bought a new toy... I heard about it on my other forum, LHC...

http://www.zipitclean.com/
The best invention since sliced bread. Got it on sale for 2.50 at Walgreens. Ran home to use it. I was to embarassed to show you guys what came out of my drain (looks like a giant conch) I nearly threw up because of the grossness but now my drain is hair free!

BTW I have a friend that works for Clorox as a chemist(the makers of a ton of liquid drain cleaners) who honestly says that crap does not work. Every hairy should have ZipIt! I love this thing. I know you're not supposed to reuse it... but I do because I am poor :lol:

ms-tyler

omg..I was just thinking about that today when I shampood my hair, and the sink started stopping up. thanks a million:grin:

M

Miss Nina

If you guys are cheap like me, you can pour 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of vinegar, followed by a pot of boiling water to clear clogs also.

I still think I may buy this though, I'm going to start saving my quarters now:lol:
BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT!!

LABETT

Miss Nina said:
If you guys are cheap like me, you can pour 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of vinegar, followed by a pot of boiling water to clear clogs also
I use the baking soda and vinegar method too.

Mestiza

Thanks for posting that, Anky! :wink2: I use a hair catcher, now b/c my drain would get clogged a few times a year. I still want one of those gadgets, though.

Healthb4Length

Okay Y'all, this product is a must! I got it today and used it, it was very effective, I pull up so much hair...ew!! IT looked like Alien Lifeform but this stuff really does the job!

Isis

I got this today and it really works!! I found it in the bathroom hardware section of Walmart, only a couple left. I bought two but I did reuse mine on another drain. I think they want people to dispose of it because of the sharp edges but it can be carefully cleaned off.

I wonder if a long-haired person invented this one...

Country gal

Thanks for the tip, Anky. I use a hair catcher most of the time. I am curious to see how good of a job it does.

blackbarbie

I know I will probably be grossed out by my own hair when I run that thing down there, so I am going to be lazy and continue to do what I have been doing - call maintenance! I just pick up the phone and call them and they will come and take care of it. (they'll even come and unclog the toilet if I need them to!)

But it is a very good invention though..

....................(i know - just plain lazy:ohwell: )

Mestiza

Isis said:
I got this today and it really works!! I found it in the bathroom hardware section of Walmart, only a couple left. I bought two but I did reuse mine on another drain. I think they want people to dispose of it because of the sharp edges but it can be carefully cleaned off.

I wonder if a long-haired person invented this one...
Thanks for posting that! I was in Wal-mart, on my way to look for it when someone started talking to me and I forgot all about it. :lol: I'll check on my next trip. Walgreens didn't have it. I said, "The lurkers must have struck, again!" :look:

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
omg this is so ironic i had to unclog the drain in the bathtub last night
i made my own with a bobby pin bent with a u shape at the end i got out all kind of cruddies.....................there was an amonia smell too and all of the hair looked like it was permed maybe all the cleaning agents relaxed the hair in the drain LOL

Isis

msportugal said:
omg this is so ironic i had to unclog the drain in the bathtub last night
i made my own with a bobby pin bent with a u shape at the end i got out all kind of cruddies.....................there was an amonia smell too and all of the hair looked like it was permed maybe all the cleaning agents relaxed the hair in the drain LOL
:lol: This is so nasty but probably true! I'll bet if you try the Zip-It, a lot more of the cruddies will pull out in one long, hairy mass. :crazy:

Last edited:

Angelicus

Um... I have a slight addiction to using this. It's to the point where I want to knock on my friend's door and use it for her drains. Please don't laugh at me.

Tee

I need to buy one. I just hate that my shower in my bedroom has a drain that can not be removed. So I guess for that bathroom I will have to try out the vinger baking soda and hot water method. But this is the room that really needs the Zip-It.

dimpalz

Vinegar and Baking soda is only gonna CLARIFY the hair thats in the drain, it wont remove it! rofl It might get rid of other stuff blocking it up tho, but if it's hair it's best to try and get it out. This seems like a good invention =)

H

honey_jammz82

I need to buy this like yesterday! I move in my new apartment the beginning of July and I will be using this! I swear I lose sooo much hair every time I wash, and cleaning out the drain drives me crazy. Good looking out Anky!

Sistaslick

I need this. I NEED THIIIIIISSSSS!

Drano ain't gettin' it any more. I've tried the gel and everything. I know I have a hairy monster living in my drain growing bigger by the conditioner wash.:lol: Walmart here I come.

sareca

LABETT said:
I use the baking soda and vinegar method too.
I use this too. It's great at clearing dirt and helping water flow, but when I looked with a flashlight the hair was all still there. :barf: I'm off to Walgreen's.

prettyinpurple

bump bump bump

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm getting one of these tomorrow 'cause the bathroom sink is draining way too slowly and Draino did nothing. Maybe I'll buy a few to keep on hand lol.

Letitia said:
I need to buy one. I just hate that my shower in my bedroom has a drain that can not be removed. So I guess for that bathroom I will have to try out the vinger baking soda and hot water method. But this is the room that really needs the Zip-It.

Actually in the video on the website, they used the Zip-it w/o removing the stopper. I can't remove mine either.