GLYCERIN-AMAZING!

GodsGrace

I use a mix of half glycerin, half aloe vera juice, and it makes my hair so soft. Love it. I'll try adding the castor oil to it though. It never makes my hair sticky, since the air is so dry over here my hair just sucks it up. Great stuff!

Ganjababy

Upping the moisture levels in my hair as led to a dramatic difference in the look and feel of my tresses. I can now define my curls which I was not able to do before and my hair can now be slicked back and is less poofy when I need it to be.

OrangeMoon

I tried glycerin, water and castor oil on my hair last night...it feels really nice even though it's in a ponytail. I'll try my mixture again later on this evening.

donewit-it

Yes it is. I have found that more expensive, does not mean better. The cheapest products make my hair feel great. I have to use the last of my aloe vera juice to mix with distilled water and glycerin tonight.

I have also found that glycerin in my hair works well for me year round.

twnz&1mo

Wow I want your hair, it's so pretty. I can't wait until I'm finished my transitioning. :grin:

Yes it is. I have found that more expensive, does not mean better. The cheapest products make my hair feel great. I have to use the last of my aloe vera juice to mix with distilled water and glycerin tonight.

jamaicalovely

I mix glycerin with everything. I mixed with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla leave in conditioner and fell in love. I recently mixed it with Jane Carter's Nourishing Leave In.

sydwrites

Thanks for all the advice ladies, ive got to get my mix together! I bought the glycerin already and poured a little in my hand, either im crazy or that spot got really warm. Is this normal?

NYAmicas

Seeker

Gorgeous hair in sig.:yep:

And I need to try these mixes! I ran out of castor oil ages ago and it made my hair soft but I didn't really know what I was doing.

KenyafromCT

That is basically my glycerin mix as well! (except i put in maybe 2 parts aloe vera juice and 2 parts water with the one part glycerine). Sometimes i like to put in some SAA too.

Also, after I moisturize, i put in a few quarter sized amounts (like $.75 worth) of Castor oil in to seal it in... My hair loveeesss it! I can also skip a day or two because my hair stays soft and moisturized for a long time! This will be a life long staple of mine!
Hello! Are you still using this? Does it help you to retain length?