YAY GLYCERIN!!!

luvn_life

I know I'm kinda super late but, I have been having a problem with breakage. I mean like a serious problem. But it was because my hair had virtually no moisture. I tried everything and my hair would not hold any moisture. So, I was looking for stuff to try on here and I read the Aloe and Glycerin thread. I decided that it couldn't hurt to try it so I went to Henry's and only bought the glycerin. They didnt have natural Aloe(that I wanted to pay over $10 for, since I said I wasn't paying for anything else for my hair:perplexed) so I didn't want to buy it. But I mixed 1 cup of water, 1/3 of Glycerin and 1/4 Coconut Oil in a spray bottle. I parted my hair, sprayed it on, then used ORS Olive Oil Cream, and still sealed with cocnut oil. I coludn't really tell anything last night. But this morning and even now, my hair feels soooooo moisturized. It has never felt like this. I am so excited. I will have to do cowashes every other day now to prevent buildup. But, I am SUPER HAPPY!!!:grin::grin: So... YAY GLYCERIN!!!!

Thanks Ladies!!!

KizzieNapps

Glycerin Rocks!!!!:thumbsup: I love it...it has completely changed my hair. Definitely in the top 5 of must haves for my hair!!!!:yep:. I'm glad you've found glycerin too!!!

luvn_life

I got mine from Henry's. But, I'm sure you can get it from any Whole foods store. I got 100% Vegetable Glycerin. You'll love it. It makes your hair soooo soft and moist without being greasy...

*Happily Me*

glycerin has been working for me too :yep:

i mix mine with olive oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil and lemon extract.

feelfree

Walmart sells it in a nice sized bottle - not sure the the size at the moment - for $2.49.
i found mine in the first aid aisle.

feelfree

100% vegetable glycerin, yup!

hobby stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Joanne's etc. sell it too in the cake decorating/soap making aisles, but way too expensive there.

Last edited:

sheba125

Glycerin changed my hair for the better. Can't live without it! I add it to almost everything, conditioners, leave-ins etc......