Going on vacation in 12 days. Don't know what to do with hair.

Ouch

So I'm going to Haiti in 12 days. Usually when I go, I just get a perm & I wrap it up. And on the morning of, I unwrap, comb it down and board the plane lol. Now, when I'm actually in Haiti, I always wrap it at night and during the day I either leave it down or put it in a pony tail when the heat becomes too much to bear.

But this year its different as I am transitioning.

NO PERM.

But dammit I do not know what to do with this crap called my hair. In fact, I just washed it 1-2 hours ago and I swear to my comb I just want to shave it all off and sport a wig forever. :lol: :lol:

And my mom..oh my dearest mother. For the past 3 weeks, she has been pressuring me into getting a perm. She goes, with a look on her face as if she smelled something funky, "I thought you're going to Haiti. Is that how you're going with your hair looking like that?!" And each time I told her I am not and will never get a perm again. Then she tells me not to embarrass myself by going looking like that. smfh.

I know I can probably get it corn rowed and have it going down but that's TOO plain. I want something simple but that style is TOO plain for my taste. I need something low matienance but...well....cute

Any tips & suggestions are very much appreciated. :(

Lady Esquire

try a twist out, braid out, or bantu knots. purchase a few pretty scarves and wrap around and let the rest hang out, with some cute earrings and shades, and you should be good to go! have fun!

bon voyage!

tastesosweet

Twists might be cute if your ends aren't too straight. Also, there are some creative braiders out there that can take cornrows to the next level--you still might want to consider that option. Have fun in Haiti!

blazingthru

tastesosweet said:
Twists might be cute if your ends aren't too straight. Also, there are some creative braiders out there that can take cornrows to the next level--you still might want to consider that option. Have fun in Haiti!

Yes I agree, You can get a really cute style and with the right jewerely and or makeup you can really work it. I just went to the fabric store and purchased some stretch material about 6 inches and I wrap it around my head. Anyway your situation is the # 1 reason why I went and chopped it all off I got tired of dealing with it. I am going on vacation tomorrow down to the south and they are going to get a shock when they see my natural and many will have a problem with it. But not me. I am going to be all teeth the entire time. :grin: