What should she have done?

SimpleKomplexity

I always wondered what was the proper thing to do in the situation

One time I was getting my hair done (I needed a perm badly) Anyway the hairdresser applied the perm but it didn't take. The perm had expired. Sooo she washed it out blow dried it, but a lot of grease on my hair and put a new perm on my hair....I guess that perm that didn't take opened my pores because immediately my head started burning tremedously!! I thought I was going to DIE it burned soo bad. I started crying so they applied oil sheen and let me squeeze another stylist hand and they kept applying the perm. It became unbearable so they put soem oil sheen in my hair until the perm had finished taking, my whole scalp and parts of my upper face turned red. they washed it out and styled liek normal and omg i had soo many scabs ...was that the correct thing to do since hte perm didn't take?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I think that if the original application didn't take they should have flat ironed your hair then given you a free corrective at least one to two weeks later. JMHO

MizAvalon

First off, that entire visit shold have been free. She should have offered to give you some kind of style to hold you over and then given you a free corrective once an appropriate amount of time had passed.

Platinum

:perplexedOMG!! That's terrible!:blush: I can't believe they reapplied the relaxer immediately. Thank God you didn't have permanent damage! I agree with the other ladies. That visit should have been free and she should have have done a corrective about 1-2 weeks later. Stylists need to understand that you have to have the clients safety, comfort, and well being in mind when performing services. Not just styling technique.

I'm surprised you didn't file a lawsuit. Are you still dealing with this stylist?

mstee07

I hope this wasn't a recent experience. I had a relaxer that didn't take after a year of wearing micros. Two weeks later we did a corrective :wallbash:. 4 weeks after that we did a touch up on my new growth because it was matted:wallbash::wallbash:. Where it was matted, there was next to know hair. Take a look at my fotki in the hair help folder. I had a chunk of hair fall out in the middle back, crown, edges and nape. Needless to say I am back in micros because the breakage was so bad I either had to do a bc or braids.

If this is a recent event, baby your hair girl! And don't go back to that salon!

ultrasuede

To keep applying perm to your hair while you were clearly burning and crying was crazy. Just like the other ladies stated she should have rescheduled you for another time. She is incompetent. I hope you didn't have any lasting damage.

Divine Inspiration

First off, that entire visit shold have been free. She should have offered to give you some kind of style to hold you over and then given you a free corrective once an appropriate amount of time had passed.

Ditto! There is no way in the world I would have let somebody near my head with relaxer twice in one day! :eek: :nono: That is a recipe for tons of burning. The pores were open from the chemical AND the wash AND the manipulation of the blowdrying. She should not have continued when you were clearly in pain. When it hurts, you're almost guaranteed to have burns and irritation.

ITA that the visit should have been free. If the relaxer did not achieved the desired straightness the first go 'round, she should have flat ironed it and had the client (you?) return in no less than 4 weeks.

SimpleKomplexity

That's what I thought...but after she styled my hair I just forgot about it cuz I figured she knew what was best. (This happened like 3 years ago) I think my hair thinned out badly after that, but I just paid her and kept coming because I had nooo idea on what to do with my own hair lol. But omg yall it burned sooooo bad, but I was dumb and just wanted straight hair and wouldn't stick up for myself even if it did burn like krazy. I figured it was normal because you remember that girl on America's Next Top Model who cried when they bleached her hair and they told her to suck it up...that's how I felt

Filmatic

That's what I thought...but after she styled my hair I just forgot about it cuz I figured she knew what was best. (This happened like 3 years ago) I think my hair thinned out badly after that, but I just paid her and kept coming because I had nooo idea on what to do with my own hair lol. But omg yall it burned sooooo bad, but I was dumb and just wanted straight hair and wouldn't stick up for myself even if it did burn like krazy. I figured it was normal because you remember that girl on America's Next Top Model who cried when they bleached her hair and they told her to suck it up...that's how I felt

She should be glad that you did not sue her. That is complete incompetence and you could have really been damaged. She should not have been using expired products on you in the first place. Everything about the situation is just wrong. Dang sometimes I want to be a lawyer.

WomanlyCharm

That's insane...your stylist knew better than to do 2 perms on you in a day. :perplexed I would have run out of there like FloJo.

You're lucky you still have hair!

drea3084

:nono: Two perms in one day!? That's why I've decided to take care of my own hair and learn to do it myself. I just got through reading about the little girl crying in the chair at a Dominican hair salon. The things that stylist will do to your hair. Finding a good one that really knows WHAT THEIR DOING is so hard to find.

MrsQueeny

That sounds absolutely horrible. You should have left after the first one didn't take. Or I would have told her to just give me a wash and set, pay for that and leave. You are not supposed to apply chemicals back to back especially after your hair had been wet the same day. Sorry this happened to you. Wow, just wow. Q