Going to Jamaica for my wedding, need a HAIRSTYLE!!

teneshak

I am going to Jamaica for my wedding and want a nice hairstyle for the ceremony. I will be swimming and chilling on the beach, want something to protect my relaxed hair. What hairstyles can I get to look great in Jamaica? HELP :wallbash:

Bublin

Any style would look great in JA but i take it you'll be swimming AFTER your ceremony but you want a hairstyle to see you through all your activities, including the ceremony.

I can only think of a weave or micro braids.....you'd beable to rinse these out often without compromising the style.

I don't think you'd want to wear a wig :nono: for your big day.

Hope this helps.

teneshak

So you would consider wearing a sewn in weave for the time I am there? Will the water damage my hair under the weave?

KEWLKAT103

The only thing I can think of for the ceremony and beach time is braids. You could do a nice updo with those and then also be able to wash and condition without taking too much time.
Congrat's on your wedding!

HERicane10

BRAIDS! BRAIDS! BRAIDS! :grin:
A 3-layer cornrow style would give you the versatility of a ponytail, long single braid, half up/half down, bun, etc.

Very easy style! Just KISS, SWIM, RINSE (or KISS, SWEAT,:look: RINSE):grin: :lachen:

PLUS no small braids to take down later! :yep:

Last edited:

jeanne516

i think a sew in would work (make sure its with quality hair that wont matt up once it hits the water...i actually have a partial sew in right now with indian hair, n when it gets wet, it never tangles, and it waves up really nice from the water...n i can wear it straight too)

curlycraze

You may want to wear your own hair for your wedding. You can wear a cute updo (with your straight hair and lots of hairspray) for the ceremony. And do wash n' gos for the rest of the time that you are there.

I was married in Negril. That's what I did and I do not regret it. I swam every day. You can PM if you have more questions. Blessings.

teneshak

Thank you so much for everyone's help and advice. If I decide to get a sew in, where can I buy a high quality weave from, especially the indian brand hair?

teneshak

I am so excited he has come along! God's has truly blessed me and my family. My blessings are over flowing :lick: GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

sowhut

I havent had a sew in in years and usually the stylist would tell me where to get the hair ans what type, maybe u can ask a good stylist near you.

tthreat08

I'm no weave expert, but I would think that if you are swimming and stuff:grin:, then you may want a full head as the hair would all be the same texture. You don't want part fro and part straight or wavey....know what I mean...I'd go full head.

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!