Gold 'N Hot Conditioning Heat Cap

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Gold \'N Hot Conditioning Heat Cap

I see that many of you sit under a dryer with your conditioner. I used to do that years ago with great results, but I don't have a hood dryer anymore so I use a gold cap. I saw this thingy online and think it sounds great.

Does anyone have this thingy?
Do you like it?
How much should I pay for it ( or one like it) ?
( I live in NY, nowhere near a Sally's
so telling me Sally's prices won't help )
Thanks

DatJerseyDyme

Re: Gold \'N Hot Conditioning Heat Cap

My mom has one that I use for my saturday wash..but it's really noting special IMO..I know you don't want it to get TOO hot..but I get the same amount of heat when using 2 plastic caps and a towel around my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna get one to take back to school with me though.

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie

i have it and i love it. the gold caps and towel did not give me the heat that i wanted and he conditioning cap can get pretty wrm but there are 3 heat settings. It gives this dull heat-- not like hot air but like a heated blanket. I think its great!

mly3e

The comb is stuck.

Would it be better to just buy a hooded dryer? Or is it good enough to spend money on?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie

i like the type of heat you get witht the conditioning cap better than a hood dryer-- any type of warmed air is a violation of my "no heat" rule.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.

How much should I be paying for this? I've seen it for around $19.95. Is that good?

mly3e

The comb is stuck.

I bought one for $16.99 and LOVE IT!!! It is great for my deep treatments. I have been wearing a plastic cap covered with a gold cap for them. I used the heat cap with my hot oil and deep conditioner and my new growth is soft and my hair loved it too. Its a definite keeper.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.

This gives off a nice heat like a heating pad. Its more like it steams your hair. I prefer it over the hood dryer. With th dryer it more blow the hot air and is not focused evenly. This is an even perfect temperature. I give it an A+.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)

If you're referring to the aphogee reconstructor that gets hard, the hooded dryer would be best.