Gold N Hot Heating Cap - does yours go hot and cold?

againstallodds

Hi ladies, I've had a Gold N Hot heating cap for over a year now and from day one the heat would cycle when I used it. Specifically, my heat cap will warm up for like ten minutes then cool down, then heat up.

I was just wondering if this happens to anyone other than me... I know I know, pretty late in the game to be asking lol. My heating cap gets the job done but just wondering if anyone owns the same cap but gets continuous heat with it. uploadfromtaptalk1311818145639.jpguploadfromtaptalk1311818161961.jpg

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Last edited:

Rain20

My cap does the same. I think they designed it that way to keep anyone from burning their scalp.

curlycrocheter

I have the same heating cap and I hate it! To me it doesn't get hot at all, and he little bit of heat it does generate doesn't hang around for long. My mom has one that she has had for about 20 years now. I soooooo wish I could steal that thing. It gets hot instantly, it stays hot, and it gets really really hot.

With the gold n hot I feel I'd be better off blowing into my hands and fanning air up to my head.

againstallodds

I have the same heating cap and I hate it! To me it doesn't get hot at all, and he little bit of heat it does generate doesn't hang around for long. My mom has one that she has had for about 20 years now. I soooooo wish I could steal that thing. It gets hot instantly, it stays hot, and it gets really really hot.

With the gold n hot I feel I'd be better off blowing into my hands and fanning air up to my head.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Yup, mine does that. I just turn it off and on every time it cools off to make it get warm again. I had mine for a long time and I've just been dealing with it.

Duff

yeah mine does that too and I'm returning it. do you guys know of a really good heating cap?

ms.blue

I have and I don't like it but I use it b/c bigger than the mastex heating cap. Mine gets hot only in the front and sides and its cool in the back. I normally have to turn it around so the back of my hair can get some heat.

againstallodds

Yup, mine does that. I just turn it off and on every time it cools off to make it get warm again. I had mine for a long time and I've just been dealing with it.

Hairsnob I do that too. I'll turn it off than on when I don't feel like waiting for it to warm up on its own... but it's annoying!

yeah mine does that too and I'm returning it. do you guys know of a really good heating cap?

Duff I've been eyeing the Hair Therapy Wrap as a replacement but haven't taken the plunge because I would have to repeatedly re-warm the gel packs it comes with if I wanted to deep conditioning or pre-poo longer than 20-30 minutes.

I have and I don't like it but I use it b/c bigger than the mastex heating cap. Mine gets hot only in the front and sides and its cool in the back. I normally have to turn it around so the back of my hair can get some heat.

ms.blue Yup I do that as well. I'll DC for 30 minutes, then flip it around for another 30 minutes so my nape gets some love too.

I really wish Gold N' Hot would release a better version of this heating cap.

Hairology

My cap does the same thing, I thought it was defective. I'm use to the old style cap I had that stays hot; which some how disappeared from my house.:missu:

faithVA

My cap does the same thing you can actually hear it click off and on. Even though it cycles, I haven't found it causes an issue with my DC. When I take the cap off, I can tell my hair has had heat applied. I think it was designed to work that way -- generate heat, get to a certain temperature - rest - repeat.

Nothing wrong with a steady flow of heat but don't think its necessary.