What heating cap do you use

Britt

Does it get warm enough to deep condition with ? I have one from Gold n Hot and on the highest temp it doesn't really get that warm. The heat also doesn't seem to circulate well. I usually use my hooded dryer to deep condition with but there are times when I want to use my heating cap and use the computer at the sametime.
So what heating cap do you ladies use :) ?

ravenmerlita

I have a Gold n' Hot too and I just spend longer time under it -- like an hour or more -- when I want to deep condition well. I would love to know if there are better ones out there.

IMFOCSD

Hello, I recently ordered a heat cap and it came yesterday. I have not had a chance to use it yet. It is a microwavable turban. It is called microhaircap. "wwwsalonweb.com" is where I purchased it. You can get more info from that web site.

seemegrow

I have the Golden Hot one also What I do to get all my hair heated up is put it in a plastic baggie, then put the cap that comes with the heating cap over it. I was about to throw in the towel before this started working.

Tee

I have a gold and hot I picked up at Sally's and it's very hot. :eek: Sorry you ladies are not getting the same heat.

HoneyDew

sweetcoco said:
Hello, I recently ordered a heat cap and it came yesterday. I have not had a chance to use it yet. It is a microwavable turban. It is called microhaircap. "wwwsalonweb.com" is where I purchased it. You can get more info from that web site.

I have this one. I only used it once and did not leave the gel inserts in the microwave long enough. It was not hot enough.

I saw this on ebay for a good price. I will try to find that auction.

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I think mine is Gold N Hot. There's a spot in it that doesn't get hot at all. And the back doesn't really warm up as much as the front so I have to put it on backwards at some point...

I should probably invest in a new one.

LABETT

GoldenBreeze said:
Mine is a Mastex, and I really like it. It's my second one from them, and I've had it for 6yrs.
I have the Mastex heating cap and get great results ,heat the entire head and gets really hot.
I have seen these in NY Bss so you dont have to order online Britt.

Lavendar

I had a Mastex cap for umpteen years, probably more than 15 I'm sure. I just bought a Gold N Hot because my Mastex is so old the strap is just shreds and now it gets hot and then cools off and gets hot, etc. Still, it gets much hotter than the Gold N Hot. I'm mad I didn't take it back and search for another Mastex.:mad:

malibu4590

I have the Gold' N Hot cap as well and it gets very hot IMO. I always use a plastic cap and it seems to distribute the heat evenly. I purchased mine from Sally's also. I wonder why some folks equipment only works better for some? :perplexed

gloomgeisha

I bought the Gold n' Hot cap when I first joined LHCF. I haven't used it in over a year. I should definitely get back into using it, as I think my hair appreciates that extra boost of TLC.

GoldenBreeze

Lavendar said:
I had a Mastex cap for umpteen years, probably more than 15 I'm sure. I just bought a Gold N Hot because my Mastex is so old the strap is just shreds and now it gets hot and then cools off and gets hot, etc. Still, it gets much hotter than the Gold N Hot. I'm mad I didn't take it back and search for another Mastex.:mad:

That's funny. I had my first Mastex for 18yrs, before I replaced it. :)

zoya_j

I have a goldnhot heat cap too, and it heats up fine. I noticed that when I went to the salon they would turn the heat cap and the hairdryers on so that they would be warm when you go under. I stole this from them I usually turn my heat cap on before i shampoo and turn my dryer on before I rollerset my hair

guesswho

Letitia said:
I have a gold and hot I picked up at Sally's and it's very hot. :eek: Sorry you ladies are not getting the same heat.

same here I just purchased a gold and hot and it's pretty hot

Lavendar

I cheated. I taught my daughter how to deep condition her hair, bought her some conditioner, gave her the Gold N Hot, and got me a new Mastex.:lol:

Nonie

I was going to get a heat cap (the microwave kind) but was told that they cool down too fast. I needed to replace my hood dryer which is no more, and I wanted a cap two reasons:

- it'd not be so bulky;
- I'd not be chained to my seat when DC-ing.

But when I got to the BSS, I completely forgot the second reason for wanting a heating cap, so when the BSS dude was running through the list of choices and their pros and cons, I got stuck on "plugs into the power socket, has 4 heat settings and so it heats up or cools down only when you want it to." Sold! Ended up getting Hot Tools Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer. It's similar to having those soft hoods that you attach to blow-dryers only I don't need to hold the dryer. I like the compact case the main body makes for storing the big cap, hose and electric cord. So at least I got the compact part right. :p

Now, on the other note, it doesn't chain me to my seat like the hard bonnet dryer used to, but I'm still unable to walk through the house and do stuff while I DC coz the cord can only stretch so far. :ohwell:

Uh-oh, I just noticed when I was looking for a pic that Folica has it as "discontinued" ... (So perhaps it isn't so "hot" after all! Serves me right for being impulsive. :lol: )

ETA: I almost forgot :look: You cannot hear the TV when you're using it coz of the "hair-dryer" noise, so keep a book or magazine handy. Guess how I found this out....:lachen:

Last edited:

cammiecam

I have the Mastex heating cap and get great results ,heat the entire head and gets really hot.
I have seen these in NY Bss so you dont have to order online Britt.

Just bumping this up because I was wondering where I could purchase a mastex in NYC. I hate waiting for online orders. I want what I want now! :yep:

The Princess

I don't know, the Gold N Hot that I have, gets super hot. It be burning up my neck as well. I have to put it on low just so I can stand it. I love it. My hair gets real conditioned. I bought mine from Sallys. The Cap is extra big as well. I have to fold it so it can stay on my head. Before I get under it, I turn it on high, so it can warm up, then I put it on low. Hey that might be the reason why it gets so hot. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Ivonnovi

Gold n'Hot Fan checking in.

I've been using the GoldnHot for years. I thought the purpose of it was to provide "gentle heat"; with that said I'm satisfied with mine.

Regarding what to do while wearing it. Plug it in near the computer if you're there for a while or get a lengthy extension cord that will allow you some "mobility and distance" while you steam/condition your hair.

JMHO

yuriko

I had the same problem with gold n hot. But I have had a mastex for the past 6months, and its great. It has several heat settings, gets hot real quick, love it

AtlantaJJ

I have a Golden Hot (practically new for sale :lol:)

I just got a new Mastex..that think will cook your head. I love it!! It gets nice and HOT!

ETA: The Gold n Hot looks like its constructed better and it is larger, however it just doesn't get hot enough for my liking. I will use it to DC my lace fronts from now on, and use the Mastex on my hair.

Last edited: