Good hair days vs. bad hair days?

Glib Gurl

Do you have more "good hair days" or "bad hair days"?

In all honesty, before I came here and started reading threads and getting advice, most of my days were "bad hair days" where I didn't do anything to take care of my hair. I just wore sloppy buns with my edges all sticking out. At night, I would just toss a silk scarf over the bun and go to bed. (No brushing, no moisturizing, nada.) These days, though, I take the time to moisturize my hair at night and at least attempt to style it in the morning. So, these days I'm having more good hair days than bad hair days.

What about you? So many of you have gorgeous hair, but I'm wondering about those "bad hair days" - do you have them often? Plus, a lot of us here are struggling with our hair -- we need to support each other! *L*

HoneyDew

I have mostly good hair days, thank goodness. Most of my bad hair days happen when I try to skip shampoo days or go to bed w/o tying my hair down. As my hair gets longer, I notice less days where I am spending timestyling my hair. It is to the point where I can finger comb and go. I used to NEVER have it that easy. Thanks to LHCF, most days are pretty good for me as long as I keep my moisture straight and do my nighttime routine.

Isis

Most of my days are good hair days. :) My regimen is pretty simple and if something out of the ordinary happens (curls fell, unexpected humidity, etc.) I pretty much know how to keep it from messing up my hair.

I keep a Jilbere comb and extra satin scarf in my car and recently added an extra package of Good Hair Days pins in my glove compartment for emergencies. If I need to, I can easily whip up a French Twist in a minute or two or a low, braided bun in about a minute or a side ponytail and still have a good hair day.;)

aurora3140

I don't know, I may be alone in this but...

Before I came here, I always made sure my hair was exactly the way I wanted it - straight and bouncy - even if that meant excessive heat and/or manipulation. I hated wearing my hair up because it makes me feel extra unattractive (I think that's why I so desire long hair, but that's another issue entirely :ohwell:). It wasn't unhealthy because I never really went overboard with the heat and I got frequent trims, but it stayed an inch or so below shoulder for at least two years.

Now, since I only rollerset once a week or (more recently) air-dry, I find myself disliking my hair. Most days now it's just in a bun or a ponytail. Sure it never grew before, but at least I always liked the way it looked:(.

At least I know this will all pay off in the end :D!