Good Hair Washing Technique for those who can't cowash

Mizani_Mrs

I can't remember if i posted this already but i'm bored and i love talking about hair, so bear with me! :look:

My issue is that although i want to...I can't cowash because i only wash my hair once a week and after the 2nd day my scalp flakes and itches something awful. Soooo to reap the benefits of Cowashing (moisturized well-behaved hair, not dried out by poo) I have purchased a container/applicator (just like the WGO bottle), from the BSS.
I rinse my hair (so hair will be swelled with water and can't be saturated in poo).
then i add cheapie conditioner to my length & ends (VO5 peaches & cream).
In the bottle, I add 4 small dabs of poo and like 2 dabs of conditioner & mix with 1/2cup of water.
shake together and I squeeze it on my scalp & roots only. It doesn't lather but it still sounds 'sudsy' like. and it cleans the buildup on my scalp without drying out my hair length and ends.

I figure when the poo rinses over the length of my hair, it is 'barely' cleaning the dirt/buildup on my length and not doing any drying 'deep cleaning'.

It works for me.... :look:

and then every 5weeks or so, I use the Nexxus Aloe Rid clarifying/chelating poo.

ravenmerlita

Good idea Mizani_Mrs. I like washing my hair and probably shampoo a little too much (about 3 times a week). I'm going to try your method. Thanks!

Mizani_Mrs

Um er uhhhhhhhh :look: I don't know... I don't think so i can't remember, but at any rate it works well. :D

Porsche19 said:
Isn't that the co-wash-co method? Or something like that... :)

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Bumping!! I am experiencing itchy scalp from cowashing and I am trying not to use shampoo until the weekend. I know that cowashing for the first few times will cause itches because your hair is being healed from not using shampoo according to the Curly girl book. But how do I get rid of the itches? I am considering trying a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner to remove buildup followed by a cheapie conditioner then rinse. Has anyone tried a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner? If so, which ones did you have success with? If not, what other method are you using to prevent itchy scalp from co washing?

Thanks!!:)

goldensensation

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Bumping!! I am experiencing itchy scalp from cowashing and I am trying not to use shampoo until the weekend. I know that cowashing for the first few times will cause itches because your hair is being healed from not using shampoo according to the Curly girl book. But how do I get rid of the itches? I am considering trying a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner to remove buildup followed by a cheapie conditioner then rinse. Has anyone tried a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner? If so, which ones did you have success with? If not, what other method are you using to prevent itchy scalp from co washing?

Thanks!!:)

If you feel build up, try a diluted ACV rinse. It leaves the hair soft and the scalp clean.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

goldensensation said:
If you feel build up, try a diluted ACV rinse. It leaves the hair soft and the scalp clean.

Thanks!! :)Are you doing this everyday? I have been cowashing everyday since recently and as soon as my hair dries the itching starts:(. I am thinking it could be dry scalp because when I use to wash and clarify once a week and oil my scalp I didn't have any problems with itching. It could also be that I am experiencing hair growth from frequent washing. Well at least I hope this is the case.:)

goldensensation

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Thanks!! :)Are you doing this everyday? I have been cowashing everyday since recently and as soon as my hair dries the itching starts:(. I am thinking it could be dry scalp because when I use to wash and clarify once a week and oil my scalp I didn't have any problems with itching. It could also be that I am experiencing hair growth from frequent washing. Well at least I hope this is the case.:)

Once a week works well.