Good moisturizers to use when hair is dry?

tarheelgurl

Ok, I am changing my regimen for 2007. I wash my hair once a week but try to moisturize it daily. What products do you use on your hair for moisture when it is dry? I have read about the baggy method but it seems most people use it when their hair is wet.

So my questions are:
What is a good method to moisturize your hair when it is not wet and what products have worked best for you?

What products work best with the baggy method hair when it is dry?
Do you seal with the oils after applying moisturizers to hair when it hasn't been washed just before?

Thanks!

D

donewit-it

I love using Dove's Moisture Mist Spray when dry or wet. Point is when my hair is dry, and I spray the moisture mist, my hair feels wonderful. HTH

preciousjewel76

Currently, I use Africa's Best Carrot Oil Cream and Qhemet Biologics Sidr Tree Butter Balm as my daily moisturizers. I usually mix a bit of both in my palms and run it through my dry hair. I do this at least once a day (night), or sometimes twice, depending on how my hair feels. I always seal with an oil. I use castor oil for sealing my ends and coconut oil on the rest of my length. The coconut oil gives such amazing shine!

candy1214

sassyhair said:
I am really liking the ors olive oil right now.

Yes!! Both the one in the tub and bottle are good, although I prefer the bottle.

Also...Giovanni Direct leave-in is the bomb!! Not too greasy, all natural.

snugglez41685

sassyhair said:
I am really liking the ors olive oil right now.

Me too! The one in the jar works for me, not the one in the bottle. I also use Profectiv Breakfree and Mega Growth. I just recently started to use the Mega Growth daily and so far so good!

LovelyLionessa

After aidrying, I love to put some BB Oil Moisturizer on my hair. Silk Elements creme is also good. Later in the week when my hair does not require as much moisture, I just put on some Kids Organics Shea Butter lotion and seal with Kemi Oyl or Aceite 3. For dried out hair I put some AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner on my ends and seal with oil.

InnerSoul

As of right now I use herbal essences Break's Over creme lotion(great on wet hair).. and I also use ORS olive oil moisturizing hair lotion in the bottle(great on dry hair)... both are great!!

Last edited:

sassyhair

I must say the one in the bottle was too oily for me, but with the one in the jar the oiliness does not last over night and I wake up with soft hair.

crlsweetie912

sassyhair said:
I must say the one in the bottle was too oily for me, but with the one in the jar the oiliness does not last over night and I wake up with soft hair.

Which product are you talking about sassy?

Babygurl

I always use Elasta QP Recovery when my hair is dry, especially flat-ironed, it gives moisture but doesnt weigh the hair down at all.

miracle

I use BB Honey Mayonnaise, Isoplus Black Magic Spray and Kemi Oyl for moisture when my hair is dry. I use the BB on my new growth and length, Isoplus Black Magic Spray on the ends & then seal it all with Kemi Oyl. I usually do this routine at night and tie my hair up with my satin scarf. Once I take it down in the morning, it's soft & silky all day.

InnerSoul

sassyhair said:

everyone keeps talking about how good the ORS in the jar is.. I must give this a try one day(product junkie in me taking over:lol: ).. but I am so hooked on the one in the bottle right now!

InnerSoul

tarheelgurl said:
Thanks cause I had no clue what it was!:lol:

I have to really think about abbreviations all the time when I am on here!! it took me awhile to figure most of them out:lol:

InnerSoul

crlsweetie912 said:
Which product are you talking about sassy?

though I can't answer for her:lol: .. I'll take a wild guess and say that I think she is talking about the ORS oil moisturizer... the one in the jar versus the one in the bottle.

buttaflye03

I try to baggy nightly on my dry hair. I have never baggied on wet hair. I use Mango Butter on my edges and ends and smooth some NTM silk touch down the length of my hair. I currently seal with JBCO. Twice a day I mist my hair with Dove's Sheer Moisture Mist.

amwcah

I'm surprise no one has mention S-Curl for a moisturizer when baggying. Alot of ladies use this to moisturize. I normally moisturize my ponytail with ORS Olive Oil Creme or Hollywood's Carrot Creme. Then I use Profectiv's Healthy Ends on the last 1-2" of my hair. I will then seal with EVOO(Extra Virgin Olive Oil) or JBCO(Jamacian Black Castor Oil). My ponytail is very soft and moist when I unbag.

Leonora

I just started misting my ends with some left-over Optimum leave-in that I had which I mixed with Giovanni Direct and Jojoba oil, this is done morning and evening. I noticed an immediate decrease in breakage. The serums and oil alone were not enough for my dry ends, especially after using my flat-iron. I am currently stretching my relaxer and I want to keep my hair moisturized but not wet. Keeping my hair wet too often weakens it. I think the best method to chose depends on the current condition of your hair.

HoneyDew

On my dry hair I use:

Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling cream
Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream

Both of these are GREAT!!! (the Aveda is my favorite)

The Aveda has over moisturized me since I starting using it though. I have to keep up with my protein game, as a result. But, I prefer being over moisturized to dried out.

HoneyDew

sassyhair said:
Yes I am talking about the organic root stimulator olive oil in the jar.

I want to try this. I have been using Qhemet's Olive Cream, but I am always down for a cheaper replacement.