Got Cornrows

A

AmilLion

On Friday, I got my hair braided into cornrows going back with Synthetic hair.

The hair isn't pulling at all, but it's itching like hell. Should I take out the braids or should I keep them in? I can't take it, i think it's the synthetic hair that's bothering my scalp.

What I like about the braids, I get the chance to spray them everyday, sometimes multiple times within a day with water to moisturize the hair and scalp.....but the back of my neck is itching.......gawd help me......

What should i do?

NAY007

if it's really itching that bad, i would take them out. maybe you have an allergic reaction to the synthetic hair. i would take them out and next time try some different hair maybe. and then you will see if it was itching because of the hair. or maybe they are braided too tightly?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Cornrows do itch quite a bit when you first get them done but if it is unbearable you might need to take them out. First try moisturizing you scalp with some braid spray and see if that helps. I just hope you did not spend a lot of money getting these done.

NubianQueen

Did you pretreat the synthetic hair? I.E. soak it in a mix of ACV and water, thoroughly rinse them off and then spray them with infusium or braid spray. I have had my cornrows in for two weeks now and I always pretreat the hair. Mine were tight, not traction alopecia tight, so I am constantly patting or trying to relieve my scalp through my plastic cap and bonnet.

There was a thread not too long ago about rinsing them with water, one said with hot the other said with cold. I haven't tried this because I spray mine daily with distilled water and then my concoction.

HTH

Zoe

If its bothering u that much then I would take them out..

Thats the worse feeling to have your braids driving you crazy..

Tanisha

I have my hair in cornrows now and it doesn't itch anymore than normal. What I found is that using synthetic hair really irritates my scalp so I only use human hair. The synthetic hair also broke off my natural hair, sliced it right off like someone cut it with a knife.

If it itches that bad take it out shampoo and deep condition your real hair and then if you get it braided again use human hair. But pretreat the hair before you use it by shampooing and conditioning it just to make sure it's clean. Spray it with some braid spray just to prepare it and then let it dry.

Your cornrows shouldn't ever itch that much.

A

AmilLion

[ QUOTE ]
I have my hair in cornrows now and it doesn't itch anymore than normal. What I found is that using synthetic hair really irritates my scalp so I only use human hair. The synthetic hair also broke off my natural hair, sliced it right off like someone cut it with a knife.

If it itches that bad take it out shampoo and deep condition your real hair and then if you get it braided again use human hair. But pretreat the hair before you use it by shampooing and conditioning it just to make sure it's clean. Spray it with some braid spray just to prepare it and then let it dry.

Your cornrows shouldn't ever itch that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooooo when you said sliced your hair right off, i'm taking these bad boys out tonight lol.