I'm Getting Mini Cornrows Sat.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I finally decided to stop stalling with my transition. I had to do something because I've been missing my hair styled! Anyhow, I'm getting mini cornrows w/ synthetic hair. I tried using human hair and my hair didn't like it. The synthetic hair lasts longer in my hair....My stylist suggests kanekelon, which is the most available and cheapest hair in my area. It's been a while since I've worn braids, esp cornrows. How long should I keep them in? She's only charging 50$, so I figure I could have her do them until my ng gets longer. I almost was able to twist my hair. I think the more ng I get, the easier it will be for me to catch the hair. :) My hair is back to 10" again. I love mtg and my stinky challenge. I'm gonna be able to have enough ng to b/c sooner if this keeps up. Guys, can u tell me the best way to care for cornrows and make them last A LONG AS THEY CAN?

Jewell

Not sure what all you can do to make them last long. I just got my hair cornrowed on Monday (she only charged $25 and they are nice). I prefer cornrows over individuals (because of the length of my hair, they have to be braided all the way down and they take forever to put in and take out).

I just tie my hair up at night and spray on some braid spray beforehand. My cornrows don't last past 1 month because my hair grows fast when it is braided and they begin to look fuzzy. :) I have been told by a stylist that spraying oil sheen on braids causes them to loosen faster (and actually aids in removing them).