Grapefruit Juice

G

It seems to help with my hair growth. Does anyone know why? I started drinking pink grapefruit juice for health reasons and, for some reason, it seemed around that time that the hair started growing quicker too.

Tara

That's interesting. I have not experienced that myself, so I can't provide you with any answers.

During this juice intake did you begin an exercise regime or anything that would cause blood flow to nourish the hair roots?

(bumping for anyone else with answers)

But keep up the good work /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

pebbles

Hi Bett1e
I didn't know that. I suppose it's worth a try. If not my hair, then my body can sure benefit! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LondonDiva

I'd like to hear more about this grapefruit juice thing. It sounds very interesting and I am one of very few that I know that actually loves this fruit.

G

No exercise at that time (a year ago), but my friend told me her sister and law's hair was growing because of grapefruit supplement she was taking. Rather than taking another pill, I just started to drink the juice. RUBY RED is delicious. The pink actually has a good taste. The clear or yellow is very bitter.

elliot

BettieBoop,

Its probably your increased intake in calcium that has sparked your hair growth. Just my thoughts. I hope this helps.

EDIT: I am sorry, I meant to type vitamin c and not calcium. (See what happens when you stay up all night surfing the internet searching for faraway places.)

Also, I like your picture!

Elliot

G

Thanks for the links; glad to know it wasn't just my imagination.

G

Thanks for spelling my first name with an 'ie.' No one on this planet seems to understand that Bettie CAN be spelled with an ie.

elliot

I would love to drink Grapefruit Juice to get more hair growth but the acid will have my face all broke out. I wonder if taking a grapefruit supplement will have the same effects? (ie, growth and acne) Why can't I just get growth! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Valerie

Thanks Bettie for thank information. I'll certainly look into it. It would be great to make a hair oil, to stimulate growth, rosemary, sage and grapefruit essential mixed with a carrier oil, such as almond oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil. /images/graemlins/user.gif