Gray Hair only on tip of hair strand!!!

Nefertiti0906

Okay ladies I have a question for you.

This morning I noticed that a strand of my hair only had gray on the last 1.5 inches. The rest of the strand was my regular color.

Can anyone explain this or Has anyone experienced this before?

I thought it was just plain weird! :eek:

ETA: I want to clarify that this strand of hair is growing out in it's natural color, but the ends (or the tips) are gray.

Last edited:

Seeking8Rights

Nefertiti0906 said:
Okay ladies I have a question for you.

This morning I noticed that a strand of my hair only had gray on the last 1.5 inches. The rest of the strand was my regular color.

Can anyone explain this or Has anyone experienced this before?

I thought it was just plain weird! :eek:

If you are not elderly, then it is due a lack of PABA (Para-Aminobenzioc Acid) and folic Acid.

Go purchase a supplement of PABA and take 200mg. Take a supplement of folic acid our body needs 800mg per day. So just check you multivit's and see how much you have it and then add to it with a supplement to equal 800mg.

Nefertiti0906

Keclee23 said:
If you are not elderly, then it is due a lack of PABA (Para-Aminobenzioc Acid) and folic Acid.

Go purchase a supplement of PABA and take 200mg. Take a supplement of folic acid our body needs 800mg per day. So just check you multivit's and see how much you have it and then add to it with a supplement to equal 800mg.

I'm only 25 so you might be on to something. I'll check those supplements out, what does PABA do for the body?

Seeking8Rights

Nefertiti0906 said:
I'm only 25 so you might be on to something. I'll check those supplements out, what does PABA do for the body?

PABA is an antioxidant that protects against sun cancers and such. It also helps the body breakdown and use protein efficiently. Studies have found that people who were experiencing grey hair due to stress or a nutrient deficiency had their grey hair restored to their original color.

A deficiency of PABA can cause grey hair especially in cases where the person is not elderly. Whereas, the elderly have grey hair because of the aging of the body. It's like telling a older person and a young aged person to sprint within 1 minute to the finish line. Assuming everyone is healthy, who do you think will get their first? If it's the elderly who makes it first, then we know clearly that the young person is deficient in a few areas because the opposite is expected.

I hope this explain it. :)

Nefertiti0906

Keclee23 said:
PABA is an antioxidant that protects against sun cancers and such. It also helps the body breakdown and use protein efficiently. Studies have found that people who were experiencing grey hair due to stress or a nutrient deficiency had their grey hair restored to their original color.

A deficiency of PABA can cause grey hair especially in cases where the person is not elderly. Whereas, the elderly have grey hair because of the aging of the body. It's like telling a older person and a young aged person to sprint within 1 minute to the finish line. Assuming everyone is healthy, who do you think will get their first? If it's the elderly who makes it first, then we know clearly that the young person is deficient in a few areas because the opposite is expected.

I hope this explain it. :)

Thanks for the explanation :)

It seems that my hair was growing out gray but then turned back to my natural color.

I read on this site: http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/vitamin-B.php that B-complex contains PABA. I did start taking B-complex twice a day in the past 3 weeks in addition to my regular multi-vitamin/mult-mineral so maybe that has something to do with my hair turning back to my natural color.

So maybe I don't need to go buy PABA after all because the b-complex already has it.

Good looking out :cool:

Seeking8Rights

Nefertiti0906 said:
Thanks for the explanation :)

It seems that my hair was growing out gray but then turned back to my natural color.

I read on this site: http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/vitamin-B.php that B-complex contains PABA. I did start taking B-complex twice a day in the past 3 weeks in addition to my regular multi-vitamin/mult-mineral so maybe that has something to do with my hair turning back to my natural color.

So maybe I don't need to go buy PABA after all because the b-complex already has it.

Good looking out :cool:

See, your all over it!:) Yes, you can get the PABA from B-complex!