One Unusually Long Hair Strand

simplyconfident

This morning I was doing my usual hair routine (take down bun, moisturize, re bun). Then I noticed this unusually long hair strand. My initial thought was 'darn, another strand lost to shedding'. So I went to gently pull it out, and the hair was like :nono:...wouldn't budge.

I'm thinking to myself now 'it must have gotten knotted up in another piece of hair'. I work my way to the strand in question and low and behold....it's not a shedded hair strand...it's actually growing from my head!!!

My heart skipped a beat at the sheer joy of a hair strand being full APL....sad I know. I know that each strand generally varies in length due to breakage and what not, but this is a heck of a lot longer!! Any who, what do y'all think about my APL strand?:rolleyes:

I had to take a picture because I know how you gals & guys can be w/o any evidence.

Attachments

• longhair2.jpg
    longhair2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 136
  • longhair.jpg
    longhair.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 146

Bettina

Lol! That's funny but hey that one strand stands as a motivator for the rest of your hair to get there! :) I can't wait to get there myself.

leona2025

Lol this happens to me all the time, but sadly it usually is a strain tangled on another strain causing a knot which I then have to snip.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
You know that if one strand can get there, the rest of your hair can! :yep: Consider it a sign for lengths to come ;)

Mimi22

OP, this happens to me all the time! I'm so annoyed!

I always pull to make sure it's not a knot; but yup it's always connected to my head :perplexed: Its usually BSL length and it gives me hope that my hair is getting there :grin:

simplyconfident

lol -I am claiming u APL - :grin:

that's what i'm talking about!!! :grin:

You know that if one strand can get there, the rest of your hair can! :yep: Consider it a sign for lengths to come ;)

I always pull to make sure it's not a knot; but yup it's always connected to my head :perplexed: Its usually BSL length and it gives me hope that my hair is getting there :grin:

This is so true.
Now I only need to get the other 99.99% of my strands to get their act together.:afro:

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
This happens to me all the time. I'm natural, and simply pulling a bunch of hair never shows my "true" length. I usually have to take one strand at a time and pull it.

simplyconfident

Snip snip?

noooooooooooooooooo
i've already grown very close to her (yes :grin: i've named her APLisa)
in fact, i'm planning on letting her hang around as long as she likes

this trend might take off like the extra long pinky fingernails.........

:eyebrows2:eyebrows2:rofl::rofl:

Duchesse

noooooooooooooooooo
i've already grown very close to her (yes :grin: i've named her APLisa)
in fact, i'm planning on letting her hang around as long as she likes

Just as long as you don't be posting any threads talking about "Update..Made APL!!!!!", and have only APLisa to show for it! :lachen:

But for real you will be full APL in no time. Lisa was just an overachiever!

It~Can~Grow

Girl, I almost hate to comment because then folks can see my misc lengths (by the way, I refuse to trim until I reach waist length and then I'll trim 3" so until then call me lop sidey).

If you look at the left side of my photo, I have about 30 hairs that are actually mid back (wth :ohwell:) and I thought "how in the heck does that happen?"

So, apparently it is possible to have strand(s) at many different lengths :yep:

Let's keep it growing

Last edited:

simplyconfident

If you look at the left side of my photo, I have about 30 hairs that are actually mid back (wth :ohwell:) and I thought "how in the heck does that happen?"

So, apparently it is possible to have strand(s) at many different lengths :yep:

Let's keep it growing

i guess you're right....:rolleyes:

Evo-ny

APLisa!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had this one strand of hair that was a good 2 inches longer than the rest, but I'd thought it was just a stray or loose hair. Pulled at it and by the time I realized it was attached to my head, it was out in my hands! :wallbash:

RIP Just-Below-Collarbone-Lisa :nono:

Last edited:

winnettag

That has happened to me before.....sometimes I even pull it out to show people :look:
It makes me feel better because then I know all of my strands can get that long....and hopefully longer. :yep:

GodivaChocolate

I've had a few strands do that..they were a least 4 inches longer than the rest of my hair..it's the weirdest thing...it kinda makes you wonder why those strands had accelerated growth as opposed to the rest of the hair..hmmmm

Last edited: