grease and water

nijilah

I think that it is fine for the hair, but not for the scalp. Although my mother greased my hair with Blue Magic once per week and my hair and scalp were healthy! But when she taught me how to grease my own hair, she said to just used the smallest amount because it will clog your pores.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've recently been using grease and water on my hair every night when I braid it. I first section my hair into 2-3 sections, spray water sparingly on a section, apply grease, gently smooth with my fingers, then braid... gives me a nice soft shiny defined braidout in the morning. :yep:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
My hair dont lie to me.

She loves her grease. It is the best styler for her and stops breakage immediately. Just a fingerful on soaking wet hair keeps it moist for several days.

tamikachu =]

I swear you guys are always right on time on this board. I always go back to grease. It is the best sealant EVER and my hair stays soft with it in. I probably would have given up on my transition had I not slapped some grease on my head.

Saga

The Generous Queen
My hair loves grease. I just haven't mastered the right amount to use without my hair turning a little too greasy in the end. I was just thinking a few weeks ago about how much better my hair looked last year using grease compared to this year where I've been using shea butter mixes.

cocosweet

Funny how this thread popped up again as I've been thinking about kicking it old school and buying a jar of Blue Magic.

krissyhair

What a pretty braidout Poohbear. I don't use water and grease per se, but I do water rinse and oil. Since I started doing this a month ago, my hair has so much bling and shine. It's not greasy or oily either... living in my natural oils.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
My hair is porous Type 4c+++. Natural oils are not enough and just leave it dry and brittle by the end of the day. I hate moisturizing and sealing on the daily. THat's more manupulation than my hair can manage.

I use so little, I've had the same 5oz(?) jar for over a year now.

I avoid the greasy feeling by using a very little bit to style my hair before bed. No greasy in the morning :yep:

It's also the only thing that will lay my edges. My hair laughs at gels...or just breaks off with every single brand I've tried.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Thanks Poohbear! It looks great!

when do you wash it all out? i would think the hair would feel greasy after a few days?

Thanks Napp!

I wash my hair every 2-4 weeks. Contrary to popular opinion or experiences of others, my hair doesn't feel greasy from re-applying the water and grease each night or 3-4 times a week. I apply about a nickel size amount to each section after I spray water on each section.