Grease Ladies

ALICIALYNN

I'VE BEEN BROWSING ON HERE AND I'VE HEARD ALOT OF NEGATIVE REPLIES ON THE THE WHOLE "GREASE" THING. I USE ISOPLUS GREASE AND I THINK IT DOES WONDERS ON MY HAIR. SOME LADIES HAS SAID SOMETHING LIKE IT CLOGS UP THE PORES AND STOPS GROWTH BUT I DONT PUT IT ON MY SCALP BUT I PUT IT ON MY HAIR AND I RARELY EXPERIENCE BREAKAGE. IT DOESNT WEIGH MY HAIR DOWN BECAUSE I DONT USE ALOT. AND IM PRETTY SURE EVERYONE WAS BROUGHT UP ON GREASE.LOL

I ALSO MELT MY GREASE AND USE IT AS AN HOT OIL TREATMENT AND IT DOES GOOD.( I KNOW THIS IS GHETTO) :perplexed

SO WHERE ARE MY GREASE LADIES AT??????

Britt

I sometimes use Nature's Blessing hair grease on my scalp. I don't wear my hair down really, so when I pin it up or wear a ponytail I will use it on my scalp. I love the smell and it has good ingredients. `

bajanplums1

I keep a jar on grease in my stash all the time. Even when I go to the Dominican salon, they still put a bit of grease on my ends. The thing is grease locks in the moisture that has been put in my hair via conditioners.

But I never use grease to moisturize. It is always a finishing touch.

cece22

I ama a grease lady I use vigoral indian hemp on my scalp and hair and softee coconut oil. I use the vigoral on my scalp because it has essential oil rosemary, coconut, avacado, biotin, and other stuff.

Allandra

I don't use hair grease on my scalp, but I do have a jar of Nature's Blessings Pomade that I like to use on my hair every now and then.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Britt said:
I sometimes use Nature's Blessing hair grease on my scalp. I don't wear my hair down really, so when I pin it up or wear a ponytail I will use it on my scalp. I love the smell and it has good ingredients. `

Co-signing on the Nature's Blessing

However, I have been contemplating on going back to using Sulfur 8 this summer, especially since I'll be washing my hair more frequently.

Just a side note though: Do you guys think the prolonged use of traditional grease without washing the hair and cleansing the scalp is what can cause clogged pores? My theory is that because most of us were taught to wash our hair once or twice a month or so and we just kept greasing and greasing and greasing, THIS is could be one of the causes for the alarm on grease?

What do you think?

blkmaryland

I use grease every now and again when the urge hits. I use Glover's on my scalp but as a general rule, I don't use grease on a regular basis.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I have and always will use grease, what's up with the Nature's Blessing, I searched high and low for that stuff, tried it and the stuff turned out to be a joke, I searched around for THIS...

lisatamika

onepraying said:
Co-signing on the Nature's Blessing

However, I have been contemplating on going back to using Sulfur 8 this summer, especially since I'll be washing my hair more frequently.

Just a side note though: Do you guys think the prolonged use of traditional grease without washing the hair and cleansing the scalp is what can cause clogged pores? My theory is that because most of us were taught to wash our hair once or twice a month or so and we just kept greasing and greasing and greasing, THIS is could be one of the causes for the alarm on grease?

What do you think?

That's what I think!!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
buffalosoldier said:
I like Blue magic coconut oil grease :)

Gurl, I use this too and I love the scent. :lick: I use this on my scalp twice a week (becuase it's a little heavy). I do use oils more often then using the grease. I also put this grease on my ends every other night. :yep:

Edited to add: Will grease turn into oil when you melt it??? Excuse the ignorance. :p

MonaLisa

I break out my Coconut Softee when needed....and when those jars run out...I'm gonna cop me some Blue Magic coconut. I don't put it on my scalp...only my hair.

buffalosoldier

sugaplum said:
Gurl, I use this too and I love the scent. :lick: I use this on my scalp twice a week (becuase it's a little heavy). I do use oils more often then using the grease. I also put this grease on my ends every other night. :yep:

Edited to add: Will grease turn into oil when you melt it??? Excuse the ignorance. :p

I've never melted grease but maybe it does I dont really know. Im not that crazy about the coconut smell but I really like the consistency - its so soft. I dont use it all the time but sometimes your hair just needs a little good old fashioned grease :) I dont put anything on my scalp.

bajanplums1

sugaplum said:

It does melt. I put the blow dryer on my grease and melt it down that way it absorbs quick and seals quicker.

MissDiva

I always go back to grease. I have very oily skin but my scalp is excessively dry and sometimes grease is the only thing that will stop the itching. I don't put it directly on my scalp, I just put it on my hair. I love softee castor and coconut!

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+1]I use Ultra Sheen's blue hair grease. After I wash or co wash I put my leave in then my grease then into a baggie. I can't live without it.[/size]

flyjump00

Count me as a Grease Loving Sister! I melt it and mix it w/a little conditioner and use it as a hot oil too sometimes. I believe in the grease for hair and scalp.

kitchen_tician

Yippeeeee!!! :bouncy: More grease monkeys!!! :grin:
Yes, I am an avid "greaser" and have been using grease for many, many years. I prefer grease that has a petroleum base rather than a mineral oil base. I love Blue Magic (green) and Softee. I use it on my scalp and my hair. I have details in my hair journal.

Oh yeah, remember to part and scratch your scalp with a fine tooth comb prior to washing, to help lift debris and scalp build up. ;)

Last edited:

carameldiva

Once or twice a week, i use grease as well. i was not aware that the product i was purchasing was grease originally but i love it just the same. I use Keralong's shea butter treatment and keralong's safflower oil conditioner. i use them on my scalp because if i use it on my hair it has to be the day prior to shampooing cause its hard to get it out of my hair doing daily co washes.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I use my suflur 8 and glover's mix. I also use Magic gro rejuvenating oil therapy. I'm gonna try to melt my grease. The sulfur 8 mix is the bomb when it's melted. :D

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:weird: I like grease. It's what helped grow my hair over the years when I was younger. I don't use any right now because I just don't have any in stock at my place. I have oils which I think are equivalent to grease. When I lived with my parents, I would use B&B Super Gro and Black n' Sassy Tea Tree Oil Triple Gro. I used to have the Motions hairdress here at my place but I ran out of it last spring and decided to get oil since it's easier and less time consuming to apply on my hair & scalp.

I don't see a problem with grease. Just if you use too much, your hair can look greasy. But about clogging pores... I don't know how true that is. I also see the comments about mineral oil and petrolatum being bad for the hair... it's like how do they know it's that one certain ingredient causing a problem when it worked for them all along? Oh well, I give grease two thumbs up! :up: :up:

miracle

miracle said:
I use Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease every now and then. It has an amazing "peachy" scent.:)

ETA: ORS Jojoba Oil Grease. I'm so in :love: :love: with this stuff. It has a great scent and is the perfect, light consistency for my hair and scalp. It's mineral oil and petroleum free which is an extra bonus for my hair. Sophia's and ORS are definitely my grease staples. :yay: