Best hair grease

sweetascocoa

hi, im a natural 4a. my hair gets really tangled if i dont wash daily. like now! i know using grease is bad and clogs up pores but i remember some good ones. i used allways......and it had hemp and stuff in it and it smelled nice. is there anything better than that? im looking for something natural....not somehting like blue magic.... :look: if i dont find anything, i can always go back to allways. oh btw, which is the best allways grease?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Come Back Hair Cream by Liz & Daughter's, it's really good at keeping the scalp and hair moisturized and oiled, plus it aids in hair growth and it doesn't contain any petroleum or mineral oil. There's is also another one called Natures Blessing it contains all natural oils they normally sell them in stores that sell oils and incents. HTH's

SignatureBeauty

Or you can make your own Hair Grease and it doesn't take long, I make my Own scalp Grease and Hair Moisturizers. with the Grease you can use shea butter or cocoa butter or mango butter or avacado butter or a combination of either, you can pop vitamin e capsules and MSM capsules and a few eo's and your own fragrance oil and whip it up. But I know some people don't have time to make their own products. But I love it and it works great on my scalp, I apply it very lightly because I don't like greasy hair. But Good Luck in Whatever you find.

bajanplums1

I stay using grease. There are other "grease monkeys" on LHCF with fabolous hair (eg. Kitchen_tician). I use grease because my scalp gets dry and when I have new growth it makes it more manageable.

I stick by B&B Extra Lite by Bronner Brothers. My aunt has hair to her brastrap and used it for years--I used to grease her scalp as a kid. It has collagen, protein, vitamins,coconut oil, sesame seed oil and of course petroleum and mineral oil.

My aunt showed me on Christmas on that she is now using African Royale Super Gro Lite, it smells nice. It is also made by Bronner Bros.

PhonyBaloney500

I used to use the Always Hemp stuff but it DOES have mineral oil!

I like Oyin products (pretty natural) namely the whipped pudding! :) I also use Castor Oil.

sweetascocoa

ive tried making my own but i didnt like the smell even after adding EOs. is there a website or store that sells the nature's blessings. does vitamin shoppe have it? i dont want to pay extra for shipping so i really dont want to buy it online. and where can i find the LIZ product.

Last edited:

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
The closest thing I have used on my hair to grease has been Dudley's Creme Press...excellent and won't weight the hair down like most greases.

goldensensation

Years ago I used to use Soft and Beautiful Botanicals 3 in 1 Dry Scalp Treatment. It has herbs and menthol in it. It would feel so good on the scalp. So good that we nicknamed it "tingle". :lol:

littleaudie

Nature's Blessings hair pomade

ingredients: nettle, rosemary, sage, peppermint, thyme, alfalfa, pure olive oil, and coconut oil. we call it the "green grease" it smells great and makes everything soft. I'm in the NJ/Nyc area it costs about $2.99 at the BSS, and places that sell natural oils.

BAILEYSCREAM

toosexy1 said:
hi, im a natural 4a. my hair gets really tangled if i dont wash daily. like now! i know using grease is bad and clogs up pores but i remember some good ones. i used allways......and it had hemp and stuff in it and it smelled nice. is there anything better than that? im looking for something natural....not somehting like blue magic.... :look: if i dont find anything, i can always go back to allways. oh btw, which is the best allways grease?

Allways was really good back in the day (I remember they have different types)...this is what I used to use and then stopped for some reason...

Anyway, at the moment I'm using Soft and Beautiful Botanicals with natural plant extracts 3-in-1 dry scalp treatment - soothes, cools and treats dry, itchy scalp with menthol and aloe....I love it because it's not too greasy and you feel a slight tingling after using it.

It also has the little herbs in it and smells sweet, similar to Allways.

lovelymissyoli

hot_pepper96 said:
I used to love Doo Grow (the purple one). It's light and leaeves your hair shiny.

I second that! I don't use it anymore since I'm not wearing flexi-rod sets or strawsets, but it made my hair feel really moisturized, especially the new growth! I can't really comment on if it made my hair grow, but that's not what I was using it for.

Britt

Natures Blessings is pretty good and very popular here. It has great ingredients, and it smells really good in your hair. The only gripe I have with it is that its pretty thick so use it sparingly. Its great if all you are doing is pulling your hair back, but if you have intentions of wearing your hair out in a wrap you may want to opt for something else as it will more than likely wiegh your hair down.

secretdiamond

Britt said:
Natures Blessings is pretty good and very popular here. It has great ingredients, and it smells really good in your hair. The only gripe I have with it is that its pretty thick so use it sparingly. Its great if all you are doing is pulling your hair back, but if you have intentions of wearing your hair out in a wrap you may want to opt for something else as it will more than likely wiegh your hair down.

So Britt, do you know a grease that's good for this too?

so1913

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I love:love: Myhoneychild old fashioned hair grease (all natural) and Kids Organics Africas Best Gro Strong Triple Action growth stimulating therapy. They both smell yummy :lick:and makes your hair shiny.:yep:

Nita_h

Dax Supergro

kitchen_tician

Thanks Bajanplums!

I've never used Nature's Blessings, but it sounds good. I've been looking for something that's a grease (not a cream or butter) that's more natural. Plus I don't want it to have any parabens or toxins. I think this may be it. :)

I've been wearing rollersets lately, so I must grease super lightly. Actually, I've been oiling my scalp the first week, then I apply the grease after most of the curls fall, which is usually the end of the week or the next week (if it lasts 2 weeks). I'll need to find it locally in Atlanta.

LaNecia

so1913 said:
Another fan of Nature's blessings here!

$29.99 seems a little high for 6 jars, but I guess if you cannot get hold of it locally, this may be your best bet to stock up.

Sigh...I'm leaving the credit cards home today....:look:

oglorious1

Mixologist
Tried the Nature's Blessing after trying to find it, that stuff has petroleum..we're talkin' the stuff that's "banned" on here, how do I know...for one, I'm allergic to petroleum and mineral oil...the day I put that stuff on, was the day I was itchin' like mad, my scalp burned so bad, I couldn't wash it fast enough...try some of Asha's stuff.