Best hair grease

scorpian

Design essentials Herbal Complex 4(hair and scalp treatment at sheldeez.com)

Softee Indian Hemp (hair and scalp treatment any
BSS or 99cent store)

Softee Coconut oil(hair and scalp conditioner any BSS or 99cent store)

sweetascocoa

bump. i slacked off with the grease. i got the neture's blessings hair pomade but i didnt like the smell and it didnt work on my hair. im thinking about getting the softee coconut, allways indian hemp or blue magic coconut oil

sassyhair

Dax has a great grease that contains alot of good oils it is call super gro organic oils

ingredients:

petroleum, sweet almond oil, aloe vera, avocado oil, sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, sesame oil, wheat germ oil, safflower seed oil, peanut oil, cottonseed oil and fragrance.

The smell is really fresh and very light, the consistency is like a very very light almost like a chilled oil.

foxybrownsugar

sassyhair said:
Dax has a great grease that contains alot of good oils it is call super gro organic oils

ingredients:

petroleum, sweet almond oil, aloe vera, avocado oil, sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, sesame oil, wheat germ oil, safflower seed oil, peanut oil, cottonseed oil and fragrance.

The smell is really fresh and very light, the consistency is like a very very light almost like a chilled oil.
This is my favorite grease.;)

LovelyZ

Country gal said:
Of course people should use what works BEST for them. I simply posed a question because I thought from my years of being here that many members don't use grease. It was surprising to see so many reponses to a thread about the best hair grease. Just curious to see other member's responses.

I am definately less inclined to use hair grease after I found out about the pretrolatum/mineral oil clogging the scalp. But, I do use Dark & Lovely Honey Kissed Hairdress. There is petrolatum in it, but it is not the first or second ingredient in the product (I think coconut oil is first). I love the way it makes my hair look and smell.

sassyhair

LovelyZ said:
I am definately less inclined to use hair grease after I found out about the pretrolatum/mineral oil clogging the scalp. But, I do use Dark & Lovely Honey Kissed Hairdress. There is petrolatum in it, but it is not the first or second ingredient in the product (I think coconut oil is first). I love the way it makes my hair look and smell.

Petroleum is clogging of the pores but that is only if you let it, people who grease their scalp over grease that has been there a few days b4. Or people who are heavy handed with the amount the place on their scalp end up clogging their pores.

ximenia

the "bad" hair grease is grease that contains mineral oil/petroleum/mineral oil jelly/petroleum jelly. THESE ARE ALL THE SAME. These will clog your scalp.

Allways, Natures Blessing, CONTAIN mineral oil. These are NOT green greases.

Natures Blessings Hair Pomade Hair Pomade Conditioner-Restorer-Rootbuilder Ingredients: Nettle,Rosemary,Sage,Pepermint, Thyme, Alfalfa, Pure Virgin Olive Oil, Pure Coconut Oil, Sage Oil, Rosemary Oil, Bergamont Oil, Chlorophyll (from nettle and spinach), Pure Mineral Jelly, Natural Fragrance.

There are TRUE "green" greases that DO NOT contain petroleum/mineral oil.

Carols Daughter pomades DO NOT contain mineral oil.

Qhemet Biologics pomades DO NOT contain mineral oil.

foxybrownsugar

Someone posted an article on another hair site a few days ago about Amel's regimine. I was pleasantly surprised to read that she uses pomade "grease" on the beautiful head of natural hair. :)

gorgeoushair

Since it has mineral jelly towards the very end of it's ingredients, I see nothing wrong with it. To me it's on of the "better" greases for your scalp. Most greases have the mineral oil,petroleum.etc at the top of their ingredient list-meaning that is what it's mostly made of. If your hair likes grease-petoleum or not I say keep it. :)