GROW HAIR, GROOOOWWWW!

CarLiTa

Sometimes i get so IMPATIENT with my hair and reaching my ultimate goal!!! Just during the week, I was like wow i'm liking the length i'm at right now. But then looking at my pictures, it's like 'GET TO WAIST ALREADY!!! OR AT LEAST GIVE ME 3 MORE INCHES!!!" :lol:

now, it kinda appeased, but here i am impatient AGAIN. Why??? b/c i just went to one of my old friends' page on hi5 and :shocked: here she is with WAISTLENGTH hair, all hers!!! i was like :love: then :mad: GROW HAIR GROW!!!!! i just texted my sister telling her to go check out her page, lol.

anyone feel like that sometimes??? :look:

there are things that i've been slacking on. I want to do a fruit flush, and I haven't exercised in over a week! I need to grow some more hair man!!! :lol: i can't wait till my 18th birthday, in July, b/c my hair will be close to the length I want then, but goodness, it would be awesome to get the infamous 1" per month for about 3 months wouldn't it??? I need new vitamins anyway, i'm gonna looking into better ones!

*ElleB

LoL, girl I feel ya...I haven't had a prob with growth per se, my haiur grows fast, but then it grows one to two inches past shoulder and it never fails it BREAKS!!!! or I go to the Dominicans and it's "Oh, mami, trim...U needa trim..." "Ok, I say" thinking its a little bit... After a trim is just that right? And in those days (pre-LHCF) I thought I was supposed to get regular trims, that would make grow faster, right? WRONG! lol, and I would leave the dang beauty salon with a inch of my freakin hair GONE!

Ok, Im breaking now, Lemme just BREATHE... Ok, I'm fine now....

HoneyDew

I feel like that, bt you know I also think about event in my life that happened 2 years ago. They seem like yesterday! Proof that time flys by. So I am TRYING to be patient.

One good thing is that I have seen SO MUCH progress in myself and in my hair and health over the past year. I look forward to it continuing, you know.

And I agree, your hair looks great!

meia

i'm totally feeling all of you...its gotten to a length now that i'm satisfied for the most part but i've had so many setbacks lately that its making it hard for me to acheive length...by this time next year i want to be near waistlength without straightening- big full diana ross floppy hair (without any tracks cos you KNOW she got some somewhere in that nest!!:lol: )...

its my dream now- didnt used to be. i coulda settled for straight hair but thats not me anymore. i know this caramel colored skin and big ol lips would look soooooooo good with a big thick full mess of hair on my head..hahaha... by june (along with losing 64 pounds) i want to have at least 3-4 more inches that i can fluff up into a twisted wavy semi-fro lol :ohwell: whatever the hell that means..lol

Recherché.Beauty

I'M LIKE THAT WITH MY BEST FRIEND, I JUST WANT MY SIDES TO GET OT MY SHOULDERS AND I'D BE HAPPY FOR A WHILE L0L....MY SIDES ARE UNDER MY CHIN AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS TOUCHING MY SHOULDERS OR A LITTLE BIT PASS MY SHOULDERS...MY FRIEND'S HAIR IS ON HER SHOULDERS BUT SHE FLAT IRONING HER HAIR SOO MUCH SHE HAD TO CUT OFF A BIT....I KEEP TELLIN' HER TO STOP USING ALL THAT HEAT, BUT WHAT MAKES IT SO BAD IS THAT SHE'S NATURAL....IS SHE'S STR8IN HER HAIR SO MUCH WHY DON'T SHE JUST GET A TEXTURIZER OR A PERM...IF SHE LOVES STR8 HAIR SO MUCH, BUT OH WELL IT'S HER, I WARNED HER....OK I THINK I TYPED TOO MUCH L0L...

Healthb4Length

I feel like that too! It seems like it's taking me forever and a day to get to bra-length....granted I did trim off 3 1/2 inches about a month and a half ago while I was bra length but my ends looked a H.A.M. But I'm like grow already! I'm just being greedy!

jaded_faerie

I feel like that right now! Im so impaitient! But if I was at your length Carlita I dont think I would be stressing at alll :)

BahaGirl

Carlita-

You are so lucky to have found this board at such a young age. I WISH I found this board when I was 17.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I sometimes get impatient with the growth of my hair too. I think I said that actual phrase yesterday out loud "GROW HAIR GRROOOWWWW!!!!!" LOL!

CarLiTa

thanx everyone!!! i'm glad i found this website at this age too, lol.

ah patience is a virtue... i need patience, or maybe i just need 1" a month and then i wouldnt even HAVE to be patient because i'd be getting the growth i want :grin:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
You ladies are so lucky. I BCD and I'm envying all my long haired friends on the board. I bet jaded faerie's adorable baby has more hair on the head than I do.:rolleyes::violin::lol:

meia

DDtexlaxd said:
You ladies are so lucky. I BCD and I'm envying all my long haired friends on the board. I bet jaded faerie's adorable baby has more hair on the head than I do.:rolleyes::violin::lol:

i'd bc if i had the courage!!! my hair grows super slow on its own so i couldn't do it at all-- not for one second!! i admire you so much though!!! i've contemplated it but i'd actually rather end up damaging my hair in the long run to keep some length..i figure it'll only be a matter of time until i'll chop something off real soon!

balisi

I don't think about it much. Being a natural head probably helps keep the focus off my growth rate because of the shrinkage factor. Then I'll flatiron it periodically and be amazed at how much it's grown in a few months. I also don't have any hair length goals to attain. I just focus on taking good care of my hair.

KiSseS03

I'm feeling this today!!

Ironically, my hair is the longest it's been since Juniour High, almost Armpit length in the back But, I'm transitioning and I have a loooong way to go until I have enough natural hair to feel comfortable chopping :ohwell: .

MissYocairis

Hi CarLita! Try MSM powder! And, do you MTG? :p

Edited to Add: Your hair is beautiful! You are doing great. What about daily salmon as Isis suggested? (I believe she had a co-worker at waist-length who ate one can of salmon daily religiously - sorry do not have the link to that thread right on hand)

Last edited:

SparklingFlame

This may sound funny, but this is one of the main reasons why I went natural in the first place. I am a VERY VERY IMPATIENT person! I figured that if I can be patient enough to grow natural hair to shoulder length without streaching, then I should be able to transfer that kind of patience to other areas of my life. When I had a relaxer growing short hair (Halle cut) to shoulder length would take me that long, but now, due to the shrinkage, its going to take double the time to get there. I must say that I am proud of myself because I havent had any major meltdowns yet!!

BTW: OP'er, your hair is beautiful!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
balisi said:
I don't think about it much. Being a natural head probably helps keep the focus off my growth rate because of the shrinkage factor.
I think about this too. Thinking about shrinkage keeps me from being extremely impatient. :)

CarLiTa

every couple of weeks... i get super impatient, lol.

looking on myspace again, seeing these gorgeous girls with their loooong hair! i'm like wow, i want my hair that long :lol:

cant win with that impatience thing. Sad thing is, with the level of stress i've been having lately, i'm getting worried about my hair. i'm taking steps to reduce the stress but it's been having an impact on me physically, pain, headaches, etc... i just dont know about my hair yet :ohwell:

hopefully though, by my birthday, I will be just 1"-2" from my goal :) that is 5.5 months away... eek, i'm worried now, lol. maybe it's possible, who knows? let's be optimistic.

Keen

CarLiTa said:
every couple of weeks... i get super impatient, lol.

looking on myspace again, seeing these gorgeous girls with their loooong hair! i'm like wow, i want my hair that long :lol:

cant win with that impatience thing. Sad thing is, with the level of stress i've been having lately, i'm getting worried about my hair. i'm taking steps to reduce the stress but it's been having an impact on me physically, pain, headaches, etc... i just dont know about my hair yet :ohwell:

hopefully though, by my birthday, I will be just 1"-2" from my goal :) that is 5.5 months away... eek, i'm worried now, lol. maybe it's possible, who knows? let's be optimistic.

What are you worried about? Your hair is gorgeous. Is that not your hair in the album in your siggy?

CarLiTa

Keen said:
What are you worried about? Your hair is gorgeous. Is that not your hair in the album in your siggy?

yes it's my hair. I'm worried about my growth slowing down. I'm looking to be thisclose to my goal for my birthday, as a bday present for myself. Also, i havent been following my regimen like i should, and i'm having all this other stress, so that's what i'm worried about. I want to reach my 29" goal and i'm about 4" away

Samaria

CarLiTa said:
yes it's my hair. I'm worried about my growth slowing down. I'm looking to be thisclose to my goal for my birthday, as a bday present for myself. Also, i havent been following my regimen like i should, and i'm having all this other stress, so that's what i'm worried about. I want to reach my 29" goal and i'm about 4" away

Carlita, you will do it girl dont even stress it!!

lala

CarLiTa said:
maybe it's possible, who knows? let's be optimistic.

It is possible....think positively and as long as you take good care of your hair, you'll be fine...

Phoenix

For the past few months I've been reallllly impatient. I've been wearing braids since Oct. 04...trying to do the "out of sight, out of mind" thing. It had been working until I realized that I was only 2 inches from armpit. Since then it has been a daily struggle not to measure my hair. Every couple of weeks or so I break down, take a braid down, and measure.