GROWING HAIR BACK

Buttalips219

OK LADIES OF LHCF....I HAVE DECIDED TO GROW MY HAIR AFTER HAVING IT SHORT FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE BEST PRODCUTS TO USE FOR THIS PAINING PROCESS. I HAVE NOTHING IN MY HAIR BUT WHEN IT STARTS GROWING OUT WHAT DO YOU LADIES SUGGEST I DO TO KEEP THE HAIR SOFT?

I HAVE VERY COURSE HAIR AND I AM NOT A NATURAL TYPE OF PERSONALITY.

ANY HELP WOULD BE WELCOMED.

TYIA

It may be a matter of trial and error finding the right products for your hair. I suggest finding out what works for others with your haiir type. Be careful not to become a product junkie! :lol:

balisi said:
It may be a matter of trial and error finding the right products for your hair. I suggest finding out what works for others with your haiir type. Be careful not to become a product junkie! :lol:
Exactly. Find the right products for your hair and find a good regimen that will suit your hair needs. Wash and deep condition frequently, stay away from excess heat, trim raggedy ends, and the rest should be history. You can do it, chica.:)

balisi said:

Well since I have my hair short I don't use anything, but I just wanted to find something that I can use to help keep it from feeling brittle.

THANKS LADIES

Sounds like you're asking about a good conditioner and a good leave-in--but there are SO MANY and it's an entirely personal decision! You do have to try the different brands to figure out which one works best for your hair.

There are a lot of threads on the boards about the results had by ladies with all sorts of hair types while trying different products. Do a search on the board for these kinds of products and you're probably going to find a lot of great info that will get you moving in the right direction.

Good luck and happy growing!

Hi Buttalips!! Welcome!!

First thing is to decide what type hair you have. You said you had brittle hair, which may be type 4b. Many of us have two types of hair. Me, I have 80% 4a, 20% 4b. Do you have thin hair, thick hair?

Then decide what you want to do with your hair. You said you want to grow it. Do you want to grow it natural, relaxed, texlaxed? Growing hair starts with learning how to retain the length. Retaining the length involves getting your hair in a healthy condition. There are lots of methods to retain length.

Next, determine what your hair is doing. Breaking? Brittle? Ends crunchy? Whatever your hair is doing, it's most likely listed here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108195 and discussed.

One of the most challenging things I found was searching what worked on my hair. I started by looking around at the ladies' Fokti's. I found many with my hair type and started there. They're also a source of inspiration.

Keep in mind that just because one product or method works on one person's hair, doesn't mean that it will work on yours. For example, I wash my hair 3 times a week. Others' hair thrives on limited moisture, washing once every other week. Some use heat, others refuse to use it.

As far as products go, I started on the inexpensive end with shampoo & conditioner. For frequent washings, I use Suave Tropical Coconut and added honey for extra moisture.

Search around the boards, and see what others have done. I still do that and get ideas & insight. You'll find varying opinions on products and regimens. You'll find the answers. This is a wonderful, supportive place. Be sure to visit that link above.

Hope that helps!

:)

ETA: This is not all-inclusive, just a sample of how I got started.

Last edited:
TBeBe said:
Hi Buttalips!! Welcome!!

First thing is to decide what type hair you have. You said you had brittle hair, which may be type 4b. Many of us have two types of hair. Me, I have 80% 4a, 20% 4b. Do you have thin hair, thick hair?

Then decide what you want to do with your hair. You said you want to grow it. Do you want to grow it natural, relaxed, texlaxed? Growing hair starts with learning how to retain the length. Retaining the length involves getting your hair in a healthy condition. There are lots of methods to retain length.

Next, determine what your hair is doing. Breaking? Brittle? Ends crunchy? Whatever your hair is doing, it's most likely listed here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108195 and discussed.

One of the most challenging things I found was searching what worked on my hair. I started by looking around at the ladies' Fokti's. I found many with my hair type and started there. They're also a source of inspiration.

Keep in mind that just because one product or method works on one person's hair, doesn't mean that it will work on yours. For example, I wash my hair 3 times a week. Others' hair thrives on limited moisture, washing once every other week. Some use heat, others refuse to use it.

As far as products go, I started on the inexpensive end with shampoo & conditioner. For frequent washings, I use Suave Tropical Coconut and added honey for extra moisture.

Search around the boards, and see what others have done. I still do that and get ideas & insight. You'll find varying opinions on products and regimens. You'll find the answers. This is a wonderful, supportive place. Be sure to visit that link above.

Hope that helps!

:)

ETA: This is not all-inclusive, just a sample of how I got started.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I HAVE VERY COURSE HAIR AND I AM TOTALLY STARTING FROM SCRATCH. I DON'T KNOW YET IF I WANT TO GO BACK TO A RELAXER. I FINALLY GOT MY SCALP HEALTHY AND WAS THINKING OF JUST DOING A TEXTURIZER WHEN MY HAIR STARTS GROWING BACK. IT GROWS VERY FAST SO THAT WON'T BE AN ISSUE.

I USE HEAD AND SHOULDERS INTENSIVE TREATMENT SHAMPOO WHICH HAS BEEN WONDERFUL FOR MY SCALP AND ANYTHING FROM ORGANIC HAIR ROOT FOR CONDITIONER.

Back