• Once I reach my goal I'm done

Votes: 42 20.9%
  • I gave up on using already

Votes: 28 13.9%
  • I don't use growth aides (yet)

Votes: 21 10.4%

• Total voters

CurlyMoo

I think the only grown aid I am taking right now is Biotin. I have been taking it now for 6 months. Once I run out I will stop using it and start using something I really liked and thats BioSil (liquid). I thought it worked really well to the point where I was shaving everyday. But I say no more than 6 months for me.

plastic

I will keep using MTG, MT, BT, MN, WGO, SO, GA, DOH, Minoval, Surge or wtv else I have until every single last one of them is gone . Can't be letting good things go to waste

brittneyy92

I think I will stop using OCT once my bottle runs out. My hair will grow regardless, and I need to stop spending so much money!

Valerie

Aloe vera gel, castor oil, wild growth, paltas, rosewater, glycerine, I will continue to use them, because they have become my stable now, they help to keep my hair soft and moisturised, apart from the castor oil, wild growth and paltas, it is a five minute walk for me to my local beauty shop. Rosewater, glycerine available for my local supermarket again another five minute walk. Aloe vera gel from the local Holland and Barratt. Meka Tek, once I order comes within 2-3 days. My vitamins give me good health benefits apart from growth and my skin, nails and hair look nice. Yes, I will continue, I still want to continue to look good.

AlkalineSteam

I've always heard that things like Rogaine only work while you're using them and if you stop, the new hair falls out. Is this the same for growth aides?

naturalmanenyc

I gave it 3 full months but saw no progress.

I won't try them again and will instead focus on better hair practices i.e, detangling with hair filled with conditioner, detangling from tip to root, limit heat, use heat protection, deep condition, use leave-ins & cowashing.

LongCurlyLocks

I plan to use untill I reach my ultimate goal, which is WL. Then I will stop but if I feel the need to go back-say if I cut my hair for Lock of Love or something, then I'll start up again.

N

nappysunflowers

It may require more time and patience, but I am done with growth aides. BT, although it was wonderful in the beginning; broke me out (and I wasn't bathing in it). MTG smelled like death. I took vitamins, supplements, powders, and it is just too much for me to deal with. I am a K.I.S.S. girl from now on. I'll just co-wash daily, tie it up at night, stay away from grease in my body and on my scalp, I'll be fine...

Nayeli

Until I get to BSL (ultimate goal). Until I get there, I'm pretty sure that I'll give in to the temptation of using one growth aid or the other, whether it be topical or supplement.

Ladyhenri

My growth aide was MTG.....countless ruined sheets l8r, i gave that up. I was getting good results but it just wasnt worth the oily every things. And i hated baggying with the MTG cos it made my hair hard and unmanageable.

I've given up on Supplements mostly because of laziness...will start again maybe...but i've not used growth aides since last year.

Traycee

Well I think supplements work because it is giving your body the things that it needs from the inside....

I don't consider Supplements as a growth aid...Because of the health benefits...And to be honest my Husband and Father take the same supplements...

Some of us eat excellent diets and get all of these vitamins and nutrients naturally .... Then there are ladies like myself that need to take vitamins and supplements ...

I do not agree with taking over the recommend amounts because it is a waste and our bodies does not absorb all of it...

I will cont. to take MSM for my workouts ....For muscle recovery and fast healing well after I reach my goal

joib

I will stick with my vitamins and once I reach my goal length I plan to cut back on the MT, MTG, and or MN.

talata

Ok, so I think I'm officially done with growth aides. Too much stress. I'm focusing now on the general health of my hair and taking what ever amount of growth that comes with.

Of cause I still that my daily Multi Vits - GNC women's ultra mega - for general health. I doubt it does very much for hair growth... but hallelujah!!! if it does - I'll take that too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
RIght now my hair is so jacked-up, overprocessed and damaged. I will use the assistance of growth aids until it gets straightened around and then I will cut back.

Before I had this major setback I always have sort of growth aid on hand for retention purposes. So, I will keep one or two around. Probably nothing as serious as the MT (that I am currently using). And I will always continue with some sort of vitamin/supplement for health reasons.

MJ

I gave up on topical growth aides by the end of last year. My hair grows slower than I prefer. Despite using sulfur and MN mix last year, I didn't see any change in my growth. I received/retained about 4" for the year (and then cut approximately 2.5" of it off). Topical growth aides worked great for some, but they didn't do anything for me.

I'm now focusing on length retention and being patient. I also added two more years to my BSL goal date.

I'm going to keep using mine until I reach my goal, and then I will only use them if I have a serious set back.....I use Gro-Aut oil, Beemine serum, and Afroveda oil, I will either order more OCT or Sulu Hair oil(MTG) until I either reach bsl or midback, and just let it grow to waist.....