Had an side effects from taking hair vitamins?

SilverSurfer

Has anyone had an allergic reaction or bad side efforts when taking any hair vitmins? Please tell the name of the vitamin and the side effect you got.
I had a terrible breakout all over my face from taking Biotin. I stop taking that and had I knew it causes that type of side effect I probably would not have taken it in the first place. I wonder what are some of the other side effects others have had from taking different hair vitamins.

jasmin

I take vitamin b complex but when I take biotin alone I get a rash. I get a rash when I take msm and I love that stuff. I had to give it up.

Nay

I noticed that my hair seemed to shed more when I was taking a cod liver gel daily. I'm not 100% sure that there was a connection, but I stopped taking it anyway.

Isha

I noticed when taking Biotin that I had a few pimples on my face. I was taking the Puritan's Pride Brand.

It was not a major outbreak at all. However, I have endeavoured to drink close to a gallon of water on most days. Perhaps you could increase the amount of water that you are consuming.

Faith

Besides heart palpitations from the silica nope, no issues at all /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

candycane

When I used to take about 10mgs of biotin it caused my periods to go hay wire. I would PMS for days on end and my period would NOT start. Then when it would start it would be really hard and heavy. I stopped taking biotin for a while and my periods went back to normal---still heavy but no more late periods for me.

I recently started taking 3mg of biotin and so far so good.

candycane

dreemssold

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif @ Faith

Biotin also caused me to break out. My body hair also grew like crazy, but that's it.

Boadicea

When I took Evening Primrose (GNC or Vitamin Shoppe) I would skip my cycle

Taking L-Cysteine (Puritans Pride) caused horrible stomach aches and palpitations

MonaLisa

All off topic...Boadicea...that cat in your signature....did he just get a hit of catnip?!! I've seen that before in my own cat when he was gettin high...off of the nip...

sengschick

The Bun Master
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif @ MonaLisa: He does seem to be on that high. My kitty is a feind. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

The first time I took UltraNourish Hair (GNC) I had a healthy pimple (which isn't the norm at all /images/graemlins/nono.gif). I'm suspecting it's the biotin or MSM or the combo. The only other side effect I've had from it, Vivi or Phytopanere has been increase hair growth on legs, underarms, etc. But my nails are also super strong (from all) and got really white w/the Phyto.

SouthernGirl

Here's a good side effect-- I take HF37 and I've noticed that it helps keep my skin clear. There have been times when I've been b/w orders so I don't use it for a few weeks, and my skin starts acting up again. I don't think it's just a coincidence- the bottle actually says it helps with skin and nails (although my nails are SHOT so I don't believe that part).
SG

SilverSurfer

[ QUOTE ]
eboniwoman said:
I LUV YOUR HAIR ALBUM...VERY DETAILED.......just thought I'd tell you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Eboniwoman...you ladies on this site are such great inspirations.

I think I'm going to cut out the MSM as well. I did notice that when taken those hair growing vitamins, I had an increase in facial hair...I think I'll stick to the safer vitamins for overall health like flax seed and cod liver oil.

brandy

MSM changed my cycle!! My cycle b4 MSM was 26-27 days, but with MSM it was 34 days! I had to stop it and now my cycle is back to normal.

Boadicea

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
All off topic...Boadicea...that cat in your signature....did he just get a hit of catnip?!! I've seen that before in my own cat when he was gettin high...off of the nip...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. That's my cat Wasyuu playing with her little burlap sack filled with cat nip. She was trying to jam the whole thing in her mouth. She won't even look at it now.

MonaLisa

LOL @Bodicea and Sengschick...when I'm bored...and I want to be entertained...I'll take the organic catnip from the can...spray it on an old plush toy or the old nip sac...and let the ole boy go to town...until he falls out and goes to sleep. I did it to my sister's kitten...and the poor lil thing almost lost her mind. Even Kitty Crack is Wack.

Boadicea

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
LOL @Bodicea and Sengschick...when I'm bored...and I want to be entertained...I'll take the organic catnip from the can...spray it on an old plush toy or the old nip sac...and let the ole boy go to town...until he falls out and goes to sleep. I did it to my sister's kitten...and the poor lil thing almost lost her mind. Even Kitty Crack is Wack.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I tried to hide it in a drawer but whenever I go to get a pen (from the drawer above where their catnip is hidden) they come running.

Actually, now that I think about it, it may have also been the MSM causing the change in my cycle because Hairtopia has a lot of MSM in it and my cylce can very late and didn't start until I stopped taking Hairtopia for a few days.