Hair Skin and Nails Side Effects?

exoticmommie

Has anyone had any side effects with hair skin and nails products? I am having nausea (apparently a rare side effect), and I am taking country life. I just started taking it last week and was already seeing a difference in my skin.

I read that taking to much MSM can cause naseau. It has 600mg of MSM.

Biotin Apparently has no side effect of that sort. Just acne and other skin side effects. Which I have not had.

Can anyone tell me if they went through it, and if so did they try any other hair, skin and nail products with no problem.

I am really bummed about this. I gave the pills to DH. :sad:

Any help would be appreciated.

Sidenote: I am also taking prenatal, fish oil and garlic pills(for post partum shedding) as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:

poookie

the only side effect i have is with the MSM. i get very detailed, vivid dreams. most of them were pretty upsetting. i know some people find this to be a good side effect, but i was waking up crying from nightmares every few days, so i had to stop. it's been about a month and a half since i stopped taking a vitamin with MSM & everything's ok now. now i'm looking for a hair skin & nails vit. without MSM.

Natirelle

I buy the vegetarian forum of Hair Skin and Nails, I havent had any side effects yet. The brand is call Now "Silica" it also supports bone structures to.

teacherjess

When I was taking high doses of MSM, I got the strange dream side effect too. Most of mine weren't scary, just mostly things like talking purple unicorns and flying oranges:)lachen:), but a few were frightening. I noticed this especially if i took it within an hour or so of bedtime. I've since lowered my dose and have zero side effects from MSM.

I don't experience any other side effects like nausea, etc with my current Hair, skin, nail vitamin. Make sure you eat enough food with them. If I don't eat enough, thats when I get nausea and I get headaches if I don't drink enough water when I take them. HTH

exoticmommie

When I was taking high doses of MSM, I got the strange dream side effect too. Most of mine weren't scary, just mostly things like talking purple unicorns and flying oranges:)lachen:), but a few were frightening. I noticed this especially if i took it within an hour or so of bedtime. I've since lowered my dose and have zero side effects from MSM.

I don't experience any other side effects like nausea, etc with my current Hair, skin, nail vitamin. Make sure you eat enough food with them. If I don't eat enough, thats when I get nausea and I get headaches if I don't drink enough water when I take them. HTH

Maybe I am not drinking enough. And I just thought about it but I have been having nightmares as well. Since the nausea started. like last night I had a dream about a female vampire trying to kill people. She drank a lot of blood and got really big and then was trying to attack me. And I was attacking her face. :lol: Girl the dream was scary. There was a lot more in my dream that didn't make any sense.

What brand are you all taking?

teacherjess

Maybe I am not drinking enough. And I just thought about it but I have been having nightmares as well. Since the nausea started. like last night I had a dream about a female vampire trying to kill people. She drank a lot of blood and got really big and then was trying to attack me. And I was attacking her face. :lol: Girl the dream was scary. There was a lot more in my dream that didn't make any sense.

@bolded= girl, yes! Enough water is crucial! I have recently upped my water intake considerably to help with this. I have felt so much better~ no more ill side effects.

@purple italics= LOL at the vampire dream! Mine were like that...they didn't make sense, were very vivid and fantastical, I felt like I was trapped in a Tim Burton movie, and I was always the one pursued/ chased/ attacked/ eaten, etc. by strange, mythical animals. It wasn't worth it:nono:

@ underlined= I was taking EarthFare MSM, but now I just take some generic Rexall MSM I got at the dollar store (I"m on a budget)

Summer79

I take a hair, skin, and nail 3x's daily as the box says and I noticed if I don't drink enough with it during the day, I will have a headache everytime. Don't even wanna talk about the dreams lol.

Lady S

You may as well take advantage of the dreams and write them as stories. I'd read it. :yep:

I'm on biotin, no issues.

Are you eating when you take it? I've noticed with any meds, that can have a huge effect. Sometimes it's better to take an empty stomach, sometimes it's better to take w/ food.

Natirelle

Biotin a few breakouts.

MSM very vivid dreams about dancing animals...don't ask. :nono:
I experianced this with the teens one a day vitamins, and my vision got blurred. But anyways I stop taking the vitamins and there was no more dancing animals surrounding me,:yep:!! I thought i was losing my mnd.:blush:

femmemuscle

the only side effect that i'm having is dry inner eye lids. this, i know is a very mild reaction from the MSM. thank gawd it's organic. If it's the pharmaceutical grade, i would wind up in the hospital. that happened only once.

Drinking extra water should help you with the nausea, or making sure you're eating it with food. I took mine on an empty stomach, and experienced nausea.

why not try the increased intake of water for at least a week and see what happens?

i also take a natural non-steroid alternative as one of my staple supplements for working out, and yes, that or the MSM gives me very vivid dreams. Usually of being chased or falling/flying. Usually, if there's a movie i've watched, then i wind up dreaming about that, and i wind up being in it somehow.

poookie

i was taking the GNC hair skin & nails brand, with the 2 pill a day dosage. even cutting the dosage in half still gave me nightmares, so it had to go! it did WONDERS for my skin & nails, though. my nails came in super-strong & the nail was bright white, & my skin was the clearest it's ever been in my entire adult life (the past 5 years :lol:). if you don't mind the side-effect then it's an amazing supplement.

RosesBlack

Are you eating enough when you take your vitamins? Not having enough food in your stomach can cause nausea when taking vitamins especially if you just added more. If you're not taking them with a meal try eating some toast or something beforehand.

exoticmommie

You may as well take advantage of the dreams and write them as stories. I'd read it. :yep:

I'm on biotin, no issues.

Are you eating when you take it? I've noticed with any meds, that can have a huge effect. Sometimes it's better to take an empty stomach, sometimes it's better to take w/ food.

I'd have a hard time keeping tracking, so much stuff was going on. The vampire also attacked this white couple, me the couple and their kids were all were in the elevator, and the evil wench reached in and snatched the wife, I yelled to the husband, save your wife, and I'll watch the kids. And then I watched them two fight with her. The doors kept opening and I kept having to close it back. :look:

I was taking food with it, but I don't believe I was drinking enough water. My last day taking it was Monday, and I still have it in my system. I still feel kinda nauseated, I was really nauseated yesterday and Monday. I ordered futurebitotics Hair Skin and Nails last night.

http://www.vitacost.com/Futurebiotics-Hair-Skin-Nails

I am hoping this will be good without the side effects. I plan to just take 2 a day rather than 3.

Last edited:

amerAKAn_dream

I started taking Hair, Skin, and Nail vitamins on Friday. By Sunday, I had 5 zits on my face. :sad: I get dark spots when I have acne, and I really don't want to have to deal with more than what I've got now, so I'm going to give this up.

Ronnieaj

Biotin a few breakouts.

MSM very vivid dreams about dancing animals...don't ask. :nono:

Dancing animals? Oh good, I had a dream about a talking shark who'd kidnapped my boyfriend and was trying to extort money from me. His voice was Samuel L. Jackson :nono:. Nice to know I'm not alone.

I don't know what's caused this, but when I take the viamins the ends of my nails start to turn up, and it looks pretty grotesque and deformed. When I stop taking them, back to normal. So I stopped taking them.