Hair appointment

prettypuff1

I just made an appointment to get my hair done. I am going to ossamas in chicago. i havent had it done in a long time at a shop and this is the first time i have been in the shop since i was in high school. Can you ladies give me some tips to be sure i get what i want and there is no foolishness. i dont want to have to stab someone with scissors over it and i am deeply afraid of losing my progress and I just dont want to have my scalp singing with heat...

tarheelgurl

Egyptians do black hair? Do they do a good job? I am going to Egypt this summer.......do I want to treat myself? :D

prettypuff1

those reviews didnt look good at all. I told her i want a wash dc and rollerset. we shall see how that goes

tarheelgurl

JLove74 said:
Egyptians are black folk.:D

There is this Egyptian dude that works at the Walgreens I go to and we always talk about my trip, things to see etc. but I never thought of him as black.........just plain Egyptian. Imma look at him a little harder the next time I go in!

deejoy

Egyptian salons are too scissor happy. Make sure you tell them not to trim. I stopped going to my last stylist at Yehia because he cut off too much. When your hair is the exact same length for a year, then you know your stylist is scissor happy lol.

glamazon386

tarheelgurl said:
There is this Egyptian dude that works at the Walgreens I go to and we always talk about my trip, things to see etc. but I never thought of him as black.........just plain Egyptian. Imma look at him a little harder the next time I go in!

But Egypt is part of Africa. :look:

glamazon386

tarheelgurl said:
I know but I always thought of Egyptians as looking more middle eastern maybe even asian indian than african.

Yeah they do look different. As do a lot of east africans (ethiopians, somali, kenyans, etc.) historians have tried to separate the two from jump. That's just from mixing with other cultures. They enslaved the Egyptians just like they did us over here.

prettypuff1

yeah i always thought that it was apart of africa. I am going to make sure there is no trimming involved. I told them i wanted three things only, wash deep condition, rollerset. I think talking to you ladies made me bold enough to tellthem that...