Hair care and children

nita4

Ladies,

How do you all deal with this? Do you basically use your routine on your children? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I shampoo my daughter's hair twice a week, use the same shampoo, different conditioner, a natural oil and a moisturizer then I put her hair in twist until her next shampoo. At one time I was giving her pre-shampoo oil treatments, but she quickly got tired of that. I stagger our shampoo days so I find myself doing "hair" four times a week.

Elyse

<font color="blue">
Nita,

I have two daughters and I have them on a similar regimen to my own. We are all doing the No Shampoo method, but I wash their hair only once a week while I wash my own twice a week. One daughter has drier hair than the other, so I sometimes give her deep conditioning treatments under the heating cap. </font color>

H

HoneyRockette

My daughter is too fidgety to do anything extra to her hair. She'd be dragging me all over the living room with a bottle of oil in my hand. She is two so she is too young to cooperate or reason with. For now I wash her hair on Sundays right after her bath with L'Oreal kids detangling shampoo/conditioner combo and put it in twists. I usually end up having to redo them at least twice a week because she is a wild sleeper. At some point I will expand her routine and maybe if I ever find another stylist we will get out hair done together. It's always been a dream of mine to have a mother-daughter salon day (corny, I know). How old is your daughter Nita and when did she begin cooperating with you for haircare?

nita4

HoneyRockette, my daughter is 4 and she started cooperating at 3 1/2. She has 4a hair, thin strand and it was dry. I started shampooing her hair twice a week and combing everyday. Moisturizing with S-Curl and her hair started to thrive...it's grown. But I've eased up on the daily combing. I try to comb now once in between shampoos. That really helps and keeping her moisture level balanced.

rayne

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It's always been a dream of mine to have a mother-daughter salon day (corny, I know).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always had that dream too!! That's part of the reason why I hope I'm having a girl.