Hair Care Challenged

MACgirl2k2

Hello everybody. I am serious challenged when it comes to hair care. I have spent so many years throwing on ponytails and weaves, my own hair is starting to turn on me. I have tried everything to stop the shedding, breakage and combat dryness. Should I give up and find a salon to fix my nest or should I chop it all off and wear a wig till it grows back. I am seriously frustrated with my hair. Any suggestions?

Relax hair every 3 months w/ ORS NO Lye Relaxer
Wash hair weekly with Garlic shampoo, CON for Color treated hair, and Condition with ORS Replenishing Paks
I use IC Fantasia Leave in conditioner
I also use coconut oil on my hair and ends.
I only blow-dry when I wash and condition my hair.
I don’t use any heat during the week. I wear ponytails and half wigs.
Or I get sew ins with braids.

Last edited:
I wish I could make a suggestion, but I'm sure somebody on here will be able to help you, and your will be behaving in NO TIME :smile:

Relax hair every 3 months w/ ORS NO Lye Relaxer
Wash hair weekly with Garlic shampoo, CON for Color treated hair, and Condition with ORS Replenishing Paks
I use IC Fantasia Leave in conditioner
I also use coconut oil on my hair and ends.
I only blow-dry when I wash and condition my hair.
I don’t use any heat during the week. I wear ponytails and half wigs.
Or I get sew ins with braids.
Maybe you are using the garlic shampoo too much? You only blow-dry when you wash and condition, how often is that? Are you moisturizing your hair daily? If so what are you using?

Is your hair dry?
Is ORS Replenishing Pak the only deep conditioner you use?
I know that one has protein in it.
Do you moisturize and with what?
Maybe you need more moisture?

I started using the garlic shampoo when I found a bald spot in the back of my head from too tight braids. I wash and condition my hair on Sundays. That's when I use the blowdry to dry my hair. The rest of the week, I am in drawstring ponytails or half wigs. I put ORS olive oil on my ends or sometimes I use Kemi oil.

Is your hair dry?
That's what i was thinking, too.

I started using the garlic shampoo when I found a bald spot in the back of my head from too tight braids. I wash and condition my hair on Sundays. That's when I use the blowdry to dry my hair. The rest of the week, I am in drawstring ponytails or half wigs. I put ORS olive oil on my ends or sometimes I use Kemi oil.
I use ORS olive oil also. Maybe you should try distributing it throughout the hair shaft instead of just the ends. You can use the kemi oil as a sealant.
Hopefully other will chime in.

Is your hair dry?

My hair is very Dry
I tried the aphogee 2 minute (tried it 4 times), still shedding and breaking.
I moisturize daily with ORS Olive oil and Kemi Oil.
I self relax my hair and I have a hard time keeping the touch up off my previously relaxed hair. Could that cause the shedding/breakage? Could it be dead overprocessed hair?

I use ORS olive oil also. Maybe you should try distributing it throughout the hair shaft instead of just the ends. You can use the kemi oil as a sealant.
Hopefully other will chime in.
I use the kemi oil when I flat iron my hair after I blowdry it once a week.

My hair is very Dry
I tried the aphogee 2 minute (tried it 4 times), still shedding and breaking.
I moisturize daily with ORS Olive oil and Kemi Oil.
I self relax my hair and I have a hard time keeping the touch up off my previously relaxed hair. Could that cause the shedding/breakage? Could it be dead overprocessed hair?
:nono: If your hair is very dry you have to find your protein/moisture balance. I think you are shedding because your hair is possiblely has too much protein. You should concentrate on moisturizing products at this point, especially deep conditioners.

Can you post some pics of how your hair is looking currently? Cutting it all off is a drastic step.

370482861.jpg

370482874.jpg

See..Like straw. Btw. My last self relaxer was June 8, 2009

Last edited:
Back