Hair Care OCD

sunshinebeautiful

:look: Does anyone else have this problem?

Any time I get bored or anxious or frustrated I feel an overwhelming desire to do something to my hair. I washed & DC'd three days ago and now I'm fighting NOT to do it again. It's not like my hair is dirty or dry or anything else, but I feel compelled to slather on some conditioner and sit under the dryer real quick so my hair is looking extra good tomorrow.

Please don't tell me I'm alone in my OCD. :look:

See, this is why I need some hobbies or a man or something to save me from myself... This is what I do when I get bored. :ohwell:

harrison

you aren't alone.. I got up at 4am to pre-poo so that I can have enough time to do my hair.

I set my alarm and everything. But I woke up at 3am and forced myself to lay in the bed til 4 so that I could function at work today.:nono:

tazzydennis

Girl, you must have been reading my mind!!! After all of the damage that I've done to my hair, whenever I get a spare moment from work or studying...I'm thinking of new and improved ways to condition or style my hair to make it healthier. But, my beautician told me that too much of a good thing is just as bad; as if I had done nothing to my hair at all.

Go figure.

lennet93

OMG you read my mind, I'm sitting here going through the same thing. I washed my hair on sunday and it looked and felt great now I'm sitting here wanting to wash it again so it can look and feel the same..it just doesn't feel as good a few days after my wash.:nono: I just want to deep condition my hair all the time. And when I see the beautiful heads of hair on this board, it gets worse, I feel like my hair will never be like theirs and then I really want to wash & condition it.

meaganita

Nah gal, you're not alone.:nono: I start buggin' out over losing a few strands a hair, KNOWING that the average person loses at least 70 hairs per day. I could lose like 3, 4 strands and be like :eek2:, "I need an Aphogee!!!"

:drunk:

camosil

Washing my hair every three days has been normal for me for about three months now. It is just your hair saying I need to be moisturized :yep:. I decided to try it since my hair was dry and I couldnt seem to find a product to add moisture. Now I dont have the problem since doing three day washes, avoiding heat, dry hair prepoos and oil rinses( just tried it an hour ago).

jtsupanova

OMG you read my mind, I'm sitting here going through the same thing. I washed my hair on sunday and it looked and felt great now I'm sitting here wanting to wash it again so it can look and feel the same..it just doesn't feel as good a few days after my wash.:nono: I just want to deep condition my hair all the time. And when I see the beautiful heads of hair on this board, it gets worse, I feel like my hair will never be like theirs and then I really want to wash & condition it.

GGGuuuuRRRRLlLlLl! SHE READ My MiND 2

I was like I should start a thread on LHCF because I have OCD of the hair to my SO last night and he was like " I agree." I had done over the first row of my hair 3 times and just got my hair done 1 week ago...I didn't have time to do it last night so I was gonna doit today and just right now, when I logged onI'll be darned if I didn't see this threavd!Heavy.

sunshinebeautiful

you aren't alone.. I got up at 4am to pre-poo so that I can have enough time to do my hair.

I set my alarm and everything. But I woke up at 3am and forced myself to lay in the bed til 4 so that I could function at work today.:nono:

LOL. This sounds JUST like something I would do.

I went out one night, came in at like 3 a.m., and slathered on some cholesterol and a plastic cap for an overnight DC. Why I was worried about my hair after having cocktails all night is beyond me. And if I had a man... he would think I was crazy, always doing something to my hair and coming to bed with plastic caps on all the time. :nono:

sunshinebeautiful

Girl, you must have been reading my mind!!! After all of the damage that I've done to my hair, whenever I get a spare moment from work or studying...I'm thinking of new and improved ways to condition or style my hair to make it healthier. But, my beautician told me that too much of a good thing is just as bad; as if I had done nothing to my hair at all.

Go figure.

I'm starting to feel the same way. My hair has never looked or felt better yet I STILL have a compulsion to sneak in a DC treatment when my hair is just fine. I'm afraid of tipping over into the overmanipulation side of equation, but I can't stop.

I had to take a Tylenol PM last night to knock me out for the night to prevent myself from washing, DCing, and flat ironing my hair last night. What's wrong with me?

CurliDiva

As long as you are doing something POSITVIE to your hair (deep con, con wash, scalp massage, etc.) versus something deconstructive (like lots of heat) I THINK ALL IS GOOD! :grin:

beaux cheveux

Yall need to back up now!:lachen:
Lil too close to home!:grin: I invented Hair Care OCD.
Yall can't touch this. lol

I need a man real quick!!!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
OMG, I'm struggeling with this right now. I just washed my hairlast night and I put it in a wet bun that I'm planning on keeping in a few days cause I'm trying to do the whole low manipulation thing. I've been fighting myself all day, cause I wanna take it down and do SOMETHING to it. What, I don't know. But it's driving me nuts in this damn bun!

sunshinebeautiful

Ok. It's day 5. Somehow I've managed to hold out this long since I was thinking about dc'ing again on day 3. I didn't have time to do anything to my hair last night or else I probably would have done it then. But tonight... I have a meeting with an ORS replenishing pak.

sunshinebeautiful

OMG, I'm struggeling with this right now. I just washed my hairlast night and I put it in a wet bun that I'm planning on keeping in a few days cause I'm trying to do the whole low manipulation thing. I've been fighting myself all day, cause I wanna take it down and do SOMETHING to it. What, I don't know. But it's driving me nuts in this damn bun!

See this is why I can't even do protective styles. I'm always itching to take them down and change up my hairstyle.