HAIR OCD...

BostonMaria

My OCD is twirling my hair. I twirl one, two, three times and then I pull... then I twirl three times, then pull.. oh to me its so comforting. To my left side of my head its been killing my growth.

Ivonnovi

I got it bad, really bad. I went frm 2ST wit extensions to 2ST w/o extensions to SLs. Now that I have SLs I get mad when folks interrupt me & my hairs' alone time. They are my new buddies and at work I'm so obssesed with making sure my ends are tucked that I carry a crochet hook around to fix any that Escape. Yes a crochet hook! Not a comb or brush.

lilsparkle825

anytime i comb my hair and something is in the comb i HAVE to search it for a white bulb. if i throw it away without looking, my day is officially thrown off track. lol

teysmith

So I thought it would be fun to post personal OCD habits pertaining to your hair. Things that you do habitually, obsess over, things you can't stop doing no matter how hard you try. lol

I'll go first:

-I have a ridiculous habit of sliding my fingers through the ends of my hair to see if I have broken ends (probably breaking them when I do that lol)
-I obsess over breakage and freak out when I see any pieces of hair
-I sit on LHCF for hours trying to find solutions to my hair questions instead of focusing on real life at times :wallbash: lol

Now it's YOUR TURN! What are your ocd habits & obsessions that pertain to your hair?

@ the bolded. thats totally me all the way! Everyday allday!

-washing my hair everytime i get frustrated.

-doing length checks 3-4 times a day. seriously yall i need help. lol

I'm sure there are more that I dont even notice..:blush::perplexed

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Besides the below quote my other OCD is removing hair from my product containers...broken hairs, shed hairs it doesn't matter I *hate* opening my containers and seeing hair in them. I fish them out with either the end of a bob pin or tweezers.

i have the urge to buy conditioners everytime i get paid.. no matter how many i already have.. i've filled up plastic totes with conditioners and other treatments/moisturizers.. always on the lookout for the "best" conditioners.. i've turned into a walking talking bss.. but i would NEVER sell my goodies.. and of course with buying so many conditioners, i cowash/condition/DC my hair all the time!!! my hair and scalp just feel off if i dont let some water and conditioner hit my head every other day... need my fix lol

Your whole post describes ME to a *T* :blush:

SummerSolstice

i think that this is ocd: if I am out of my redken I will not eat or drive so I can have money to get my redken. I can't wear a hat or a hood without my silk scarf. This really makes my S/O angry.

Sade'

How did i miss this thread! OMG I obsess over moisturized hair so much so that I had so much product dripping down my neck last night it was ridiculous. I kept feeling like I missed a spot. My pillows have been destroyed! DH can't understand why I replace the pillow cases with BRAND new ones weekly. I am in the store buying new and back up pillow cases constantly. The old ones are too stained to even wash SMDH.

I also keep on rehearsing over and over in my head how I am going tell my stylist how I want her to do my hair. I have not been in a salon since November. I am so afraid my hard work will be ruined. So I have played it out in my head all week. This is ridiculous. MY appt is today. I have a bag full of products and rules to abide by. I am gonna walk her through it as if she is back in cosmetology school.

OCD!!!

Sade'

I also have 2 mirrors at my desk to check my hair from all angles. I am constantly making sure my edges are in tact, the nape hair is not rubbing on my clothes. Not a hair is out of place. I am at peace when everything is safely tucked away. Sometimes I will sit in meetings and tuck and tuck and tuck until I snap out of it and realize my hair is in place.
When I am talking to people I think all they can see is my thin edges, fly aways and dry hair!
I am at the point where I can NEVER run out of castor oil I just want to swim in it. Get baptized in it. I love what it does to my hair.

HELP!

KrystalClear

My OCD is twirling my hair. I twirl one, two, three times and then I pull... then I twirl three times, then pull.. oh to me its so comforting. To my left side of my head its been killing my growth.

Aww, that's no good! lol Well your hair is pretty and long, I'd be twirling too.

KrystalClear

anytime i comb my hair and something is in the comb i HAVE to search it for a white bulb. if i throw it away without looking, my day is officially thrown off track. lol

Oh that's interesting! This is all so comforting knowing I'm not the only one that gets freaked out lol

KrystalClear

@ the bolded. thats totally me all the way! Everyday allday!

-washing my hair everytime i get frustrated.

-doing length checks 3-4 times a day. seriously yall i need help. lol

I'm sure there are more that I dont even notice..:blush::perplexed

lol! I think I need help TOO.
I wish I could fast forward 6 months to do a length check lol:lachen:

KrystalClear

i think that this is ocd: if I am out of my redken I will not eat or drive so I can have money to get my redken. I can't wear a hat or a hood without my silk scarf. This really makes my S/O angry.

YES that is OCD! lol @ not eating for your redken!
I was thinkin like this today actually. I was like, "I could have saved that 10 bucks for hair products instead of this food" - so we went and ate at another spot. :spinning:

KrystalClear

How did i miss this thread! OMG I obsess over moisturized hair so much so that I had so much product dripping down my neck last night it was ridiculous. I kept feeling like I missed a spot. My pillows have been destroyed! DH can't understand why I replace the pillow cases with BRAND new ones weekly. I am in the store buying new and back up pillow cases constantly. The old ones are too stained to even wash SMDH.

I also keep on rehearsing over and over in my head how I am going tell my stylist how I want her to do my hair. I have not been in a salon since November. I am so afraid my hard work will be ruined. So I have played it out in my head all week. This is ridiculous. MY appt is today. I have a bag full of products and rules to abide by. I am gonna walk her through it as if she is back in cosmetology school.

OCD!!!

The pillow cases, don't they get expensive!? lol I hate sleeping on my hair wet, but I KNOW the feeling "did I miss a spot"

KrystalClear

I also have 2 mirrors at my desk to check my hair from all angles. I am constantly making sure my edges are in tact, the nape hair is not rubbing on my clothes. Not a hair is out of place. I am at peace when everything is safely tucked away. Sometimes I will sit in meetings and tuck and tuck and tuck until I snap out of it and realize my hair is in place.
When I am talking to people I think all they can see is my thin edges, fly aways and dry hair!
I am at the point where I can NEVER run out of castor oil I just want to swim in it. Get baptized in it. I love what it does to my hair.

HELP!

I love castor toooo <3

LovinLea

you have me laughing

but if i'm OCD about anything it would be my curl pattern and moisture. i'm always pulling at a coil and then watching how it springs back and if they don't spring back.... whew!

KrystalClear

you have me laughing

but if i'm OCD about anything it would be my curl pattern and moisture. i'm always pulling at a coil and then watching how it springs back and if they don't spring back.... whew!

lol, I was like that when I was natural. I'm overly obsessive now.

KrystalClear

I alwayssss have to clean my comb when I use it. If there are hairs in it, I stop take some toilet paper or a towel, clean the comb and continue. Most hair styles take me longer than they should due to this. lmao. SAD. But I hate that.

MrsHouston

During my pp shedding I HATE to throw away the hair, i bag it or collect it and air dry it, then show to my DH, so he can feel sorry for me:blush:

YNOBE

OMG, this is such a funny thread! I thought I was the only one with these issues.
#1. I am a co-wash fanatic
#2. I'm always buying conditioners
#3. I'm always talking about hair, (to the point that my sister just rolls her eyes) lol
#4. I am on this site several times a day
#5. I love playing with my new growth!

BostonMaria

I forgot to add that if my hair is down I also braid my hair, take down the braid, then I braid it again, then take down the braid, then I braid it again, repeat 4000x more times

AlliCat

- Every time I go to a store I always have to go to the hair section
- I check shed hairs for bulbs
- I daydream about when I'm at my goal length
- If my hair is not on point, I wont leave the house
- I get EXTREMELY excited when the topic of hair comes up
- I love to touch it, run my fingers through it all the time
- My products MUST smell good. I only have a few non-good smelling ones only because they are good products. but I have solely chosen between products based on their smell
- I could spend a whole day on the hair boards and youtube
- I check my ends for splits. I don't cut until my scheduled trim, but I gotta know if they're there
- Whenever I see a black girl I AUTOMATICALLY try to determine her hair type and length

MrsHouston

Besides the below quote my other OCD is removing hair from my product containers...broken hairs, shed hairs it doesn't matter I *hate* opening my containers and seeing hair in them. I fish them out with either the end of a bob pin or tweezers.

Your whole post describes ME to a *T* :blush:

That describes me too:lachen:

SmilingElephant

My stomach turns whenever i hear a snap while styling my hair or when having my hair braided....even though some breakage is unavoidable.

babayred_86

-I cannot stop touching my hair. I've been trying to do semi protective styles lately but i just cant keep my hands out
- I obsess over any strand that falls out of my head and i have to make sure its a shed hair and not breakage.
-I spritz my hair like a mad woman
- I lurk on this site like every day