Issues with my hair being down.....?!?!

Brooklyn72

OK thanks to my wee bit of OCD :lachen: and this forum, I now have issues with wearing my hair down. :perplexed
I have been bunning my hair every day for the last 6 months. I relaxed today and decided to wear my hair down to go out to dinner. During dinner all I could think about was getting home so I could put my hair up!!! What is up with that!! I feel so secure with my bun these days that it makes me anxious when it is not up. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me!?!:sad:
When did you get to the point when you felt it was OK to wear it down?

I must add that I have gone from to SL hair to APL by bunning, so I know it works and helps with retention.

I went through the exact same thing because I bunned for about a year and a half. I went from NL to APL in that time. It felt extremely weird to wear it down at first. But I was just bored with my face in that same bun for so long, so I started wearing it down more often. And my ends needed more attention and I started needing more trims. I plan to go on another long bunning period again, to make it to MBL, and maybe even WL.

Since I began my hair care journey in 10/08, I haven't worn my hair down. But when I do see ladies with lovely hair wearing their own down, I keep thinking, "Dang, all that pretty hair and she's leaving those ends all exposed like that?"

Since I began my hair care journey in 10/08, I haven't worn my hair down. But when I do see ladies with lovely hair wearing their own down, I keep thinking, "Dang, all that pretty hair and she's leaving those ends all exposed like that?"

LOL! That's what I think as well. But then what is the point of growing long hair if all I'm going to do is keep it up all of the time. :rolleyes:

LOL! That's what I think as well. But then what is the point of growing long hair if all I'm going to do is keep it up all of the time. :rolleyes:

Exactly! I used to be worried about that all of the time. But some of the healthiest and longest heads of hair have done it without any protective styling. That was one of my motivations to just let it out after such a long time of bunning. Plus, I heard women say that you have to "train" the hair. If you're a consistent rollersetter or you have a solid DC/flat iron routine, the hair will behave as long as you're doing your part.

But, every now and then, I do obsess over manipulating and drying out the ends, which is why I am contemplating another long bun period. Its a hard cycle to break.

So true ladyesquire!! The funniest part of this story is that I have had no problem growing and retaining length in the past without bunning. The truth of the matter is... it's so easy to wake up and bun your hair. You don't have to worry about anything and you know your hair is happy and healthy just chillin on top of your head. Maybe I just need to say one day... OK my hair is now BSL and it's time to wear it down and enjoy it.
Only time will tell.

I am MBL almost WL and I still bun. I am too scared to wear it down. I am sure once you ladies reach your goal you will continue to bun.

Back