Hair Changes After Daughters Birth

neonbright

After the birh of my daughter, most women hair falls out. But due to several health problems, my doctor had me to contine the pre nat. for 9 months, so my hair just continued to grow. But with 3 gastric problems and high blood pressure bought on from preeclampsia (pregnancy induced hypertension). After years of changes in blood pressure meds, IBS meds, GERD Med and Delayed Gastric Emptying (stomach basically stop digesting) meds. Now I only take 2 gastic meds and one blood pressure med that works well for me. No Delayed Gastric Emptying med, that was too hard, to many sides effects. My hair change from thick, hold lots of curls and coarse to thin, curl hold not that long to just plan straight and easy to relax. The products I used 3 to 4 years ago have all changed.
Products curently using: Proclaim relaxer (mild), ION EXtreme Moister Nurting Creme Conditioner, Effective Care Treatment (conditioner after relaxer), ION Leave-In Conditioner, Pantene Full & Thick shampoo (between relaxers), Salon Finish Foam styling wrapping mousse & Marc Daniels Big Hair (just to thinken hair). Once dry I use Design Herbal Complex 4 (Hair & Scalp Treatment)

Do you think I need to change my products, since the changes?

Last edited:

Sosoothing

Have these products been working well since the changes?
I think you should stick to those products until you start seeing your hair reacting negatively to them.

neonbright

So far I have been doing fine, I am just having problems with sheding at this time, but I have been reading the site, so I should be doing better soon. I just really want to know, what products to use to hold some curls and keep the curls for awhile without going straight. I used to use a flat iron before the birth of my daughter but now I basically go staight naturally. So I got a good ceramic flat iron and ending up giving it to my step-daughter.

tonia682

neonbright said:
After the birh of my daughter, most women hair falls out. But due to several health problems, my doctor had me to contine the pre nat. for 9 months, so my hair just continued to grow. But with 3 gastric problems and high blood pressure bought on from preeclampsia (pregnancy induced hypertension). After years of changes in blood pressure meds, IBS meds, GERD Med and Delayed Gastric Emptying (stomach basically stop digesting) meds. Now I only take 2 gastic meds and one blood pressure med that works well for me. No Delayed Gastric Emptying med, that was too hard, to many sides effects. My hair change from thick, hold lots of curls and coarse to thin, curl hold not that long to just plan straight and easy to relax. The products I used 3 to 4 years ago have all changed.
Products curently using: Proclaim relaxer (mild), ION EXtreme Moister Nurting Creme Conditioner, Effective Care Treatment (conditioner after relaxer), ION Leave-In Conditioner, Pantene Full & Thick shampoo (between relaxers), Salon Finish Foam styling wrapping mousse & Marc Daniels Big Hair (just to thinken hair). Once dry I use Design Herbal Complex 4 (Hair & Scalp Treatment)

Do you think I need to change my products, since the changes?

You are the first person I've seen who has had the SAME issues as I had (hair-wise) after having my son. My formally thick, coarse hair became less coarse and easier to manage. I am a newbie but the product you're using sound great.I may try a few of these myself.

trinidarkie1

angelk316 said:
I would suggest stop relaxing your hair for awhile.

I agree with angelk316. what about braiding for a while, or wearing a half wig or something to give your hair a break from the relaxing?

Dogmd

I agree. maybe your hair needs a rest. My hairdresser told me that alot of medication in your body can change your hair texture over time. It may not even be the hair products.