Hair Crossroads

Classic

Ive seen alot of natural hair threads that have me thinking. My last relaxer was in January - I have inadvertanly been transitioning. My hair is at a cross roads and Im not sure if I should continue to transition or relax. Is it possible to transition without a bc - my hair has never been as long as it is now and the thought of cutting off the majority of it and starting over really scares me. Is anyone else in the same situation.

chebaby

i have been transitioning for 11 months. yes you can transition without the big chop. gurl i aint chopping nothing off. and my hair is grawing so good.

P

Paradox

I personally believe you should transition for 2 years with gradual trims, since many of naturals that relax do it after 2 years

frizzy

I've been in braids for over a month and haven't had a relaxer since May and plan to stay in braids and not relax for the rest of the year.....I wonder if I am transitioning......

I did a BC before and I won't be doing that again.

Classic

I guess I always associated going natural with cutting off your relaxed ends. I had already made my relaxer appointment but Ill think Ill cancel it for now. The more I think about it the less I want a relaxer now.

Classic

I've been in braids for over a month and haven't had a relaxer since May and plan to stay in braids and not relax for the rest of the year.....I wonder if I am transitioning......

I did a BC before and I won't be doing that again.

Have you made a decision yet? It sounds like you tried to go natural before..what made you get a relaxer?

unalteredone

I was transitioning for a while. I had no intentions of Bcing. But i stopped because i realized that my hair hasnt been long since elementary school and now i had the chance to grow it long and i thought about how eventually i'd have to cut all of the hair i have on my head now off. I'm not trying to discourage you from going natural at all, btw. I just personally chose to try and have long hair for a little while and go natural in the future when length is no longer an immediate goal for me.

frizzy

Have you made a decision yet? It sounds like you tried to go natural before..what made you get a relaxer?

I haven't made a decision as to when, yet.
I did go natural for 2 years and have been relaxed again for 2 years in Nov. My ends were so thorougly split from brushing wet hair and wearing it in a puff everyday, that I spent my first year re-relaxed trimming away those damaged ends. I finally stopped cutting it this past Dec.

I can definitely see myself going natural again........whenever.

Classic

I was transitioning for a while. I had no intentions of Bcing. But i stopped because i realized that my hair hasnt been long since elementary school and now i had the chance to grow it long and i thought about how eventually i'd have to cut all of the hair i have on my head now off. I'm not trying to discourage you from going natural at all, btw. I just personally chose to try and have long hair for a little while and go natural in the future when length is no longer an immediate goal for me.

I was thinking the same thing. I was watching a youtube and someone bcd from bsl to just past sl. I just think that if and when I make it to bsl I wont want to cut any of it off. I figure I can keep transitioning since Im wearing half wigs right now but I was excited at the chance to wear my hair out.