Hair-Exercise Solutions

CynamonKis

Hi Everyone!

What does everyone do to/for their hair to exercise? I have been working out regularly for 2 months and what I do is pull my hair back in a satin scrunchie, but it is too sopping wet to do anything with afterwards so I basically put it in a bun or use a phony-pony. Since I don't like blow-drying or using heat more than 2x per month, my options are few.

Do any of you have any ideas?

preshuz

If I am lazy, I use a scunchie but my hair also gets wet. Other times, I wrap my hair and cover with a scarf. I go to an all women's gym, so I could care less about how they think I look.

Divine Inspiration

CynamonKis said:
Hi Everyone!

What does everyone do to/for their hair to exercise? I have been working out regularly for 2 months and what I do is pull my hair back in a satin scrunchie, but it is too sopping wet to do anything with afterwards so I basically put it in a bun or use a phony-pony. Since I don't like blow-drying or using heat more than 2x per month, my options are few.

Do any of you have any ideas?

I keep my hair wrapped/tied up while I'm working out. If I try to put it in a "cute" pony tail, it's a bushy mess when I'm done and the sweat starts to dry. I leave it tied up until it dries completely, and that keeps the frizzies and poofiness away. Apart from the wet bun, the scarf is the only other relief I've found in this situation.
I oil my scalp with WGO the night before then I work out the following day. After that, I may use a mix of distilled water, Giovanni direct, and lavendar oil to keep foul odors away and keep it conditioned.

L

lkg4healthyhair

Recently I have been wearing a braid out style so I commute with a cap on and wear a silk scarf while working out. Then after I shower I take out the braids and use the diffuser on cool to let it dry, so far so good.

CurleeDST

I am looking for suggestions too but what I do when I run daily is use a scarf to tie up my hair so it is not on my neck or face or tangled in my earphones while running.

If I run outside it keeps my head warm and prevents my hair from being all over my head. My scalp still gets wet so I rinse in the shower or wash with conditioner and then put in some leave-in and other styling products and go.

My girl and I are both kinky/curly headed girls and she goes to the gym daily (gym rat for real) and right now she ties iit up in a pony tail and after her workouts she spritzes her hair with water, applies Curly Puddin' scrunches and then leaves for work.

*Happily Me*

If my hair is down that day, i'll pin up the sides and get to moving. I roll with flexi rods and the curl seems to stay.

Most times, I wear my hair in a bang and ponytail. The only place I apply heat to my hair (usually) is the bang. If I'm going out after working out, I'll bump the bang under with my cordless curling iron.

Arcadian

I kerchief it because I just don't have the time to deal with wet sweaty scrunchie. (i think some folks call it a doo-rag) but its a great cheap solution, and it helps wick sweat away off my hair and I'm usually drenched when I leave the gym.

-A