Hair Gel

syze6

I need to find a hair gel that actually holds the hair down. I purchased the Olive oil edge control and I find it does not work. It goes on and its white and it doesn't hold at all. I need a gel that holds and lays the edges down but isn't pasty and drying to the edges. It didn't help that I read reviews on the Olive oil brand and many women were saying it broke their edges off.

Good question, I'm wondering if the homemade flaxseed gel will work - If so I think it will be the healthiest

Good question, I'm wondering if the homemade flaxseed gel will work - If so I think it will be the healthiest

I think that may depend upon your hair type. I have cottony 3c/4a hair and the homemade flaxseed gel held my hair down about as well as water. It is a healthier option, but not necessarily the most effective.

I have had success with Alikay Naturals gel, Ecostyler, and dare I say it...brown gel. Yep, good ole Ampro. :look:

I think that may depend upon your hair type. I have cottony 3c/4a hair and the homemade flaxseed gel held my hair down about as well as water. It is a healthier option, but not necessarily the most effective.

I have had success with Alikay Naturals gel, Ecostyler, and dare I say it...brown gel. Yep, good ole Ampro. :look:
Thanks. That's what I thought. When I'm ready to make mine I'm going to make a thread to see if anything can be added to hold down these 4z kinks of mine.

OP, are you looking for an edge control or an actual styling gel or both? Your original post suggests you are looking for just an edge tamer.

I have been looking for a long time for something that controls the edges. So far Murray's edgewax is the best but it doesn't give me all day hold.it works better when u add a little gel to it and tie it down with a scarf. My edges are just disrespectful lol

I'm a cottony 3c/4a and flaxseed gel flaked something serious on my hair. It also held like water, as you said, LOL! I've had good luck with Ecostyler and Wetline Xtreme.

Back