Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2013

D.Lisha

Don't forget about me!
I promise to stick to this challenge for the 2ND time around lol.

Hair Goals
Current Length: Full APL
2013 Goal Length: MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Relaxed
Hair type: Type 4
How you will achieve goal: Protective Styling, Viviscal Vitamins, Bee Mine Growth Serum, Over-night DC sessions, Co-washes and Weekly 'poos

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 170 :)nono:)
Goal Weight: 140-145
Current Dress Size: 16
Goal Size: 6-8
Fitness Goal: I jst want to be come a happier, healthier me.....and I want THIS *points down*

Also Ladies, I am on myfitnesspal.com if anyone would like to add me :). I'm very open to having a few workout/health partners!
My name on there is Dlisha2pt0 if anyone is interested in adding me.

NicciNaturale

Please add me. I'm new here and this is my first challenge.

Current length: shoulder length
2013 goal length: APL
Hair type: 4a/b natural
How I plan to reach goal: cowash twice weekly, deep condition weekly, wear curly wigs as protective styles, my hair will be in two cornrows under the wig and every night I will spritz with water, evoo, evco.

Current weight: 155
Goal: maintain current weight and tone. I currently workout 4 times weekly but I don't watch what I eat. In the new year I will work on changing my eating habits and becoming more health conscious about what I eat. Breads, potatoes, and rice are my favorite. They are the devil!!

Guinan

Re-Branding
Please add me in!!

Hair Goals

Current Length: APL
2013 Goal Length: MBL OR WL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Texlax
Hair type: 3C/4A
How you will achieve goal: 6MTH strectches, co-washing, applying MN, decreasing manipulation, oiling/moisturizing/sealing, DC'g, minimal heat, drinking plenty of water & taking vitamin daily

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 215.5
Goal Weight: 170
Current Dress Size: 16/18
Goal Size: 10
Fitness Goal: Complete the couch to 5k training and eventually run in the Broad Street Run in May 2013. I also want to lift more weight and tone my arms and stomach. I want to lower my cholesterol and no longer be a pre-diabetic.

How you will achieve goal: I am currently with WW since 2005. I had lost 67lbs with them before but gained it all back:nono: So I have re-committed myself to the program and will focus on clean eating. I have downloaded a couch to 5k app and have been gradually running. Drinking plenty of water & taking vitamins.

Will post body pics later

luciole

I want in!

Hair Chart
Current length: Full APL
2013 goal length: MBL
Hair type: 4a/b + 3c-ish nape
How I plan to reach goal:Stay in low manipulation style (twist and braids) and protective style 90% of the time. Deep condition every week. Moisturize and seal with castor oil twice a week. Oil my scalp with castor oil twice a week.

Weight chart
Starting weight: 150 (at 5'4 its not so cute on me)
Goal weight: 125-130.
Fitness Goal: I want to tone (read: I want abs!!!!) and eat healthier and have lots of energy
How you will achieve goal: Eating clean, exercising a minimum of 4 times a week (home workout vids), drinking a lot of water

I'll post my starting pic later

polished07

Hair Goals

Current Length: Grazing APL
2013 Goal Length: BSL/ grazing MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 4 C
How you will achieve goal: 90% PSing with wigs/weaves, updos, buns, crochet braids anything to keep my hands outta my hurr! Take vits/drink water/ Dc/cowash as needed KISS my way to BSL and beyond !

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 168
Goal Weight: 145
Current Dress Size: 9
Goal Size: 6
Fitness Goal: run a 10k, finish turbofire stick with it, have great endurance, juice and eat a clean diet
How you will achieve goal: cook often pack lunches always have a snack on me to avoid buying bs food, keep calorie count, motivation is my graduation looking and feeling fab and losing desired weight for tummy tuck next fall that I've been wanting for over 10+ yrs!

Fab79

count me in as this challenge incorporates both hair and body and they're the changes i really need to work on

i will come back later with goals and pics

*subscribing*

Fab79

Hair Goals
Current Length: Just past APL, stretched2013
Goal Length: Full BSL or just pass it, would definitely love MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type: 4a
How you will achieve goal: co-washing & dc regularly, ps with wigs & weaves, change eating habits to incorporate more clean eating and up water intake

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 214
Goal Weight: 140-145
Ultimate Goal: 137
Current Dress Size: 12/14
Fitness Goal: To be fit, healthy and strong
How you will achieve goal: To start turbofire, insanity and chalean extreme over the year and complete the rotations. Also to start a running program and incorporate pilates/yoga, to track my food intake to help with portion & calorie control

starting pictures to follow

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hair Goals:

Current Length: TWA about 3 inches long
2013 Goal Length: 9 inches long
Hair type: 4a I guess
How you will achieve goal: co-washing, increased water intake. Try to be faithful to my multiple vitamin

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 134
Goal Weight: 125
Current Dress Size: 4-6
Goal Size: 2-4
Fitness Goal: lose this pot belly! DD is almost 2 and I haven't lost any...
How you will achieve goal: daily wii fit activity, increase water, better eating habits. Find out IBS triggers and how to prevent bloating. I really need to go to the doc to get advice on IBS. I also thing my birth control is making me fat but that thurr ain't no option!! :yep:

ETA PICS:

Sorry this pic is the most accurate and easier for me to track than with the shirt on :ohwell:

We have similar goals and size.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'll join. I'll come back and post my details when I have more time. Just saving my place.

100 yrs later annnnnnnd, I'm back!

Hair Goals

Current Length: Full BSL
2013 Goal Length: W'Hip
Hair type: 4 A/B
How you will achieve goal: co-washing, weekly dc, increased water intake, vitamins, ps'g

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 166
Goal Weight: 159
Current Dress Size: 10/12
Goal Size: 10/12 (the booty may not let me get back to 10)
Fitness Goal: weight training, yoga, aerobics, p90x (a lil of this, a lil of that)
How you will achieve goal: Clean eating, increased water intake, regular workout schedule

jprayze

Hey ladies!!! Hair Goals Current Length: APL 2013 Goal Length: BSL then MBL Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural Hair type: 3 BC How you will achieve goal: regular DCs, tea rinses, MN, PSing, limit heat, and may add some sulfur to my regimen in 2013 Weight/Fitness Goals Current Weight: 142.8 Goal Weight: 125 Current Dress Size: 10 Goal Size: 6-8 Fitness Goal: How you will achieve goal: Drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and regular exercise. I will post my measurements later.

Attachments

• image-1993117131.jpg
    image-1993117131.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2737026848.jpg
    image-2737026848.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

SimJam

APrayer4Hair you should check to see if you are dairy and or gluten intolerant.

My Dr diagnosed me with IBS for over 10 years until I went to a holistic practitioner who suggested that I may be either dairy and or gluten intolerant. He put me on an elimination diet (basically cutting out common foods that may cause allergies/ adverse reactions) and supervised me for about 3 weeks.

apart from the obvious health improvements, cutting out gluten has really helped me with weight loss too :yep:

luciole

Question (please correct me if I missed this)
What's the time frame for this challenge? Does it officially start for you as soon as you post your hair/fitness goal ? And if so when does it end ? Are there any set reveal dates for either hair or fitness ?

BGT

Question (please correct me if I missed this)
What's the time frame for this challenge? Does it officially start for you as soon as you post your hair/fitness goal ? And if so when does it end ? Are there any set reveal dates for either hair or fitness ?

It's starts when you want but officially January 1. I've been eating well and exercising for a few days now.

HoneyBea

Hair Goals

Current Length: grazing SL
2013 Goal Length: Full APL - grazing BL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: transitioning
Hair type: ??
How you will achieve goal: Braids, wash and go, no heat, vitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 215
Goal Weight: 140
Current Dress Size: 14
Goal Size: 8 - 10
Fitness Goal: run 5K
How you will achieve goal: Exercising at least three times a day, jogging at the track, signing up at the local 24/7 gym, and cycling to work if possible.

I'm gonna post measurements later.

Growingmyhairlong

Hair Goals

Current Length: Grazing APL
2013 Goal Length: Full BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed
How you will achieve goal: No heat, detangle once per week, bun and other updoes, cowash three times a month and shampoo once a month. I will adjust based on how my hair is reacting.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 180
Goal Weight: 155
Current Dress Size: 12
Goal Size: 8-10
Fitness Goal: To be able to work out three to four times a week. I want to be able to do an aerobic class all the way throgh without stopping.

I will post startin pics later through my cell phone. I will start my workouts and updating my diet at the end of the year. For me baby steps is key. First things first I need to up my water and vitamin intake and decrease the amount of sweet teas and other drinks that I drink. I will start doing that now.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
Okay I bite

Hair Goals

Current Length: TWA
2013 Goal Length: SL
Hair type: I have no clue
How you will achieve goal: Co-washing everyday, Pre poo and DC 2x a week, Poo 1x a week, drink water more water and water, Continue to change my diet,continue taking my vitamins (multi,vitamin d and c, Iron, essential formula)

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 238
Goal Weight: 200
Current Dress Size: 18 on the bottom and ranges on the top from 12 to 14ish
Goal Size: 12
Fitness Goal: To gain better health and to stave off diabetes/high blood pressure/cancer(to remain in remission). Continue to change my diet.To regain back strength in my legs by going to pt 2x/3x a week and on off days use my wii. I also have zumba, yoga and slim in six workouts.

EagleEyes85

Im in. I was just writing out my goals for the next year. Here are my stats.

Hair Goals

Current Length: BSL grazing MBL
2013 Goal Length: WL
Hair type: 3c/4a
How you will achieve goal: ayurveda rinses, DC's 10-12 week stretches, co washing and protective styling, oil scalp massages 3 x a week, vitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 230
Goal Weight: 130-145
Current Dress Size: 14
Fitness Goal: master Samba dancing, run a marathon, learn Capoeira
How you will achieve goal: eat 5 small meals every 3 hours, low carb high protein, workout 6 days a week with a combo of cardio and resistance for 5 days and yoga/pilates on the 6th day. Track calorie intake and workouts with myfitnesspal.com, drink 2 liters of water daily, portion control

Good luck ladies!

nakialovesshoes

Hair Goals

Current Length: SL
2013 Goal Length: Full MBL or grazing WL
Hair type: 4 A
How you will achieve goal: No direct heat at all in 2013

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 155
Goal Weight: 120
Current Dress Size: 10
Goal Size: 2-4
Fitness Goal: Bikram Yoga 3x week & @ least 30 mins cardio 5-6 days per week.

DarkChyld

Current Length: TWA/ I've got a tiny fro-hawk
2013 Goal Length: SL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural since 2004
Hair type: 3c/4a
How you will achieve your goal: well I got the fragile hair full of split ends and knots cut off yesterday. So I'm starting over. I plan on staying on top of taking my daily multivitamin. Regular trims every few weeks. Evening scalp massages. Invest in good products like Nioxin. Getting tested at the doctors to make sure everything is okay internally so my hair will grow. Regular deep conditioning. And when it's long enough, I'm going to do like it did in college and wear braids/twists. I may go back to weaves but not in the summer.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 178
Goal Weight: 150 and strong
Current Dress Size: 12/14
Goal Size: 8/10
Fitness Goal: Keep working out even when it's chilly outside;
How will you achieve goal: Signing up to run another marathon for the spring; Keep surrounding myself with people who want to be healthy; Using Tumblr fit blogs for inspiration and updating mine with progress; Cardio at a minimum of 3x/week. Strength and conditioning at a minimum of 2x/week. Drinking water often, reducing the amount of booze on the weekends; making my own food more often; Snacking on healthy real food like apples and grapes. Eating more veggies.

Last edited:

jprayze

jprayze said:
Hey ladies!!!

Hair Goals
Current Length: APL
2013 Goal Length: BSL then MBL
Hair type: 3 BC
How you will achieve goal: regular DCs, tea rinses, MN, PSing, limit heat, and may add some sulfur to my regimen in 2013

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 142.8
Goal Weight: 125
Fitness Goal:
How you will achieve goal: Drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and regular exercise.

I will post my measurements later.

Starting hair pic

image-2812660189.jpg

KaramelDiva1978

Hair Goals

Current Length: Full APL
2013 Goal Length: Full MBL or grazing WL
How you will achieve goal: Keep doing what I'm doing--moisturizing and sealing daily and protective styling

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 146
Goal Weight: 140
Current Dress Size: between and 8 and 6
Goal Size: Back into my size 6's fully :yep:
Fitness Goal: Stay consistent with my toning and decrease my body fat
How you will achieve goal: Be consistent with my cardio and weight training, eat as clean as possible and limit my cheat means. I already workout 3-4 days a week, I need to get back to 5 days a week and keep my high intensity training on track! (Chalean Extreme & TurboFire)

I make 35 next year and I am looking forward a hair swangin' and body bangin' summer!!! :lachen:

AtlantaJJ

Count me in, I need accountability badly!

Hair Goals

Current Length: In layers, 1" below collar bone, nape piece pulled forward, and lower lip length in the front. (not sure how to use the LHCF length measurement acronyms here) :crazy:
2013 Goal Length: APL
Hair type: 4b
How you will achieve goal: Continue and improve my current Ayurvedic regiment, DC's, Co-washing, micro trims, protective styling. Build and document a complete regimen to include protein treatments & leave-ins, + stylers for my fine 4b shrinkage prone coily hair. My main goal is to increase thickness and strength of my hair in addition to my growth and retention goals. Improve my diet, increase my level of fitness. Nutritional supplements.
Personal Hair Challenges: Hormonal changes due to age causing hair to thin. Keeping hormones balanced through diet and exercise.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 170lbs (height 5' 11")
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Current Jeans Size: 10-12
Dress Goal Size: 8-10
Jeans Goal Size: 10
Fitness Goal: Continue to improve on my running, I finished a 5K last weekend in 33 minutes. I would like to improve on that time in 2013. Continue running. Get back into the gym and start back bodybuilding after a year layoff. I need to change my body composition to add more muscle on my upper body and lean out my lower body. I am a classic pear.

How you will achieve goal: Daily prayer and meditation + an accountability buddy hopefully. I have a demanding full time job, and a 15 yo son that I am raising alone, by God's grace. I'm short on time, I need to be organized and efficient in everything that I do. Right now I'm somewhat scattered with my diet and workouts. I'm burning about 2,000 + calories per week via running. I need to re-incorporate strength training in to my workouts. I want to be more structured with my diet and cooking habits, as well as my workouts.

ETA: I have Pilar in my siggy because I feel like I have to fight against the numerous demands in my life to stay fit. It's so easy for me to fall into the "I'm so busy" excuse for not working out. I have been fighting against this obstacle for years. I'm constantly fighting against my inner lazy person + time to stay fit! :lol:

ETAA: I plan on running some 5K's in the Atlanta area, and I am considering running the Peachtree Road Race or another 10K as a goal in 2013. I ran my first 5K in 12 years this past May and I'm really getting my running mo-jo back at the tender young age of 50 :grin:

The picture on the left is my current favorite protective style. And the side-ways (sorry) pic on the right was me at the CHCOA 5K race 11/3/2012.

Attachments

• AtlantaJJ.jpg
    AtlantaJJ.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Ok ladies, please count me in. I haven't been performing as well as I would like in either the hair growth or weight loss arena. Count me in!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ms.lisab

I want in on this challenge.

Hair Goals

Current Length: Working on growing shoulder length
Hair type: 3c
How you will achieve goal: Weekly washes, protective styles, weekly deep conditioning, moisturize and seal.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: My little secret
Goal Weight: to lose 40 pounds
Current Dress Size:
Goal Size: 10
Fitness Goal: To workout at least 5 days a week. Get down at least one dress size.
How you will achieve goal: Going to the gym at least 3 days a week. I will work on doing 30-45 minutes of cardio and 30-45 minutes of weight training each workout.

BGT

Pictures and measurements. Yuck!

Arm 13.5"
Bust 43"
Waist 35.5"
Lower belly 41.5"
Hips 47"
Thigh 28"

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2478480356.jpg
    image-2478480356.jpg