Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2013

I have started working out every other day. Right now I am doing Zumba and Chalene Extreme. I plan on going back to the gym next week atleast three times a week to start.

Hair Goals

Current Length: SL
2013 Goal Length: APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 3a/c
How you will achieve goal: co-washing, bunning, twists, trims (I get bad ends without them ).

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 175
Goal Weight: 120-125
Current Dress Size: 9/10
Goal Size: 2/4
Fitness Goal: no stomach, still some a** and nice arms
How you will achieve goal: 1200 cal diet including protein shakes; 3-5 lbs/wk. Tae bo on off days, elliptical in the morning and six pack abs in six weeks in the evening. I will probably be purchasing another ab dvd in the near future if I don't take the plunge and do the p90 thing when I reach most of my goal. I want to hit my size goal or be darn close to it by my birthday.

I'm scared to post half nekkid pics so here's one clothed (maybe ill post some workout clothes shots when I'm skinnier :look:):

Last edited:
I just did Jullian Michael's "No More Trouble Zones" for the first time this morning. That thing kicked my fanny!! I'll be doing this one every other day until I can master all the moves. Great, great workout!! I used 5lbs weights, that was a bad idea for the shoulder exercises. I can go up to 8lbs for the chest and abs exercises. This will be excellent to get me through the holiday season coupled with running / walking.

Next I have to come up with my diet plan.

So ladies I have been doing my treadmill but feel like its not enough. I ordered Sweatin to the Oldies with Richard Simmons. Yall remember that lol. I used to do that as a kid with my mom and I remember how fun it was!

So tonight I'm going to do

For hair- deep condition under the dryer

For body- I'm starting the jillian Michaels 30 day rotation of 30 day shred, banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones. This is to kick start me back on exercising

I will use this thread more to log what I'm doing, rant of need, and get motivation as this will be my only challenge I'll be in 2013, will just lurk and give encouragement and praise in the others

I will post all my starting pics during December

Sent from my iPhone4S using LHCF

Im IN!!!!

Hair Goals

Current Length: SL mostly, with some damaged shortly hair at the top (Long Story...)
2013 Goal Length: Full BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: currently natural, will be relaxing/texlaxing before the begining of the year
Hair type: 4 A/B
How you will achieve goal: Weekly DCs w/Black Tea Rinses, Coffee Oil head massages everyother day, Hair Vitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 175
Goal Weight: 155
Current Dress Size: 10/12
Goal Size: 8
Fitness Goal: Reduce BMI, Weight, Inches
How you will achieve goal: Finish Jillian Michaels Body Revoultion DVD set = 90 days, Increase Water Intake, Follow JMBR Meal Plan

Will post pics soon :blush:

Did legs today. Livefit day 22. I added booty to it...Jamie is clearly lacking in that area and I don't want to follow in her footsteps that way.
:look:

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Pigged out for the holidays :lick: & I’m scared to look at the scale so I’ll weigh in at the end of the week after I’ve gotten back on track w/ my eating habits. I did workout last night along w/ a DVD by “The Firm 500 calorie burn” that was supposed to be an hour long but I could only make it to 31 minutes. Calculating that to be about 250 calories that I burned since I only did half the time. Working my way up to the full hour though. :yep:

Still doing my thing w/Livefit. I've lose four lbs. 11 more to my goal.

My hair has also grown about 3/4 inch since beginning of October. Yay!

I'd love to do this :)

Hair Goals

Current Length: Barely collarbone length when stretched
2013 Goal Length: APL? I'm not sure...just want it to grow and be healthy
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type: 4A with a super wack piece of 3C in the front
How you will achieve goal: CG method, protective styles, co-washing

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 150
Goal Weight: 125
Current Dress Size: 10
Goal Size: 4
Fitness Goal: I need less cottage cheese on my thighs/hips/waist!
How you will achieve goal: TurboFire, weight watchers, also have a membership to 24 hour fitness. I just need to get my butt up and go.

I will take some before pictures :)

Week 3 day 3 of Insanity OVER AND D-O-N-E!
And my sister braided my hair yesterday so I'm pretty much set till the end of the year :)

Btw, this may sound like a really stupid question but I have to ask: What does Shaun T (or any instructor for that matter) mean when they say "keep your core tight" or "use your core" ? Not sure how I'm supposed to use my core to lift my knee :S
Anybody got a visual or something?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question!

So I got in 4 days last week. Two days at the gym on weights and two days of cardio. Back at the gym today did legs abs and some arms. Hair is in a French braid from my roller set this morning.

Putting in work!!

Week 3 day 3 of Insanity OVER AND D-O-N-E!
And my sister braided my hair yesterday so I'm pretty much set till the end of the year :)

Btw, this may sound like a really stupid question but I have to ask: What does Shaun T (or any instructor for that matter) mean when they say "keep your core tight" or "use your core" ? Not sure how I'm supposed to use my core to lift my knee :S
Anybody got a visual or something?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question!

Not a dumb question at all. He means focus on using your AB muscles during that particular move. Like instead of going through the motion just moving your legs, try using more of your abs in the move. If you touch the middle of your stomach with your finger tips try to flex that muscle while doing the moves. Hope that makes sense hard to explain without showing you.

Hair:

Texture : natural
Goal : bsl or longer
Current length: about a 1/2 away from apl
Regimen: tba

Body:
5'2 170
Goal weight 150
I'm not real trying to lose as much as I want to gain muscle however I want to lose my stomach it's gotten big since I've started working at a call center.

I plan the exercise at least 4-5x per week doing 30 mins or more a day what ever my schedule a consist of . I'm trying to find good apps for my iPhone any suggestions I will take. I have a calorie one I just need one for exercise.when I get a structured routine I will update in a week with a structured routine.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-912248821.jpg
    image-912248821.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2165395968.jpg
    image-2165395968.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 51
  • image-430920739.jpg
    image-430920739.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 53
Not a dumb question at all. He means focus on using your AB muscles during that particular move. Like instead of going through the motion just moving your legs, try using more of your abs in the move. If you touch the middle of your stomach with your finger tips try to flex that muscle while doing the moves. Hope that makes sense hard to explain without showing you.

Thanks for the tip!
Still unsure as to how that will go but I'll try to incorporate it into my next workout and see how it goes.

Continuing with my aerobics/walking/kickboxing/strength training routines. I use DVD's for everything except walking, and I do some strength training on my own. I do 20 minutes of strength training 5 days a week, switching between upper and lower body, since I don't have heavy weights right now. I have incorporated more walking these days, but it will vary back and forth with more aerobics, and the time I spend on both varies each day. I will be getting a new set of dumbbells soon so that will help me to incorporate heavier lifting.

I just order 3 Jillian Michaels' DVD's: Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I have her 30 Day Shred and never got passed L2D5, so hopefully I can do these videos too. After my initial 4 lb weight loss, the passing of my mother and Thanksgiving really got me off track. I had 3 slices of pecan pie on Thanksgiving and then someone brought two pecan pies to the repast and I've had a slice every day since. :nono::nono::nono: There are a lot of parties coming up and I don't want to deprive myself of the goodies, but I don't want to gain any weight either, so I'm gonna tackle it by working out hard and focusing more on weight loss after New Years'.

I'm excited to join this challenge...and Im going to add in a personal Skin Challenge for myself :)
Hair Goals

HAIR GOALS->

Current Length: BSL (a little below actually)
2013 Goal Length: WSL
Hair type: 4A-4B
How you will achieve goal: I will continue to wear wigs and do deep moisture treatments, I would love to get a u-part wig with a lace frontal closure (dreams)

WEIGHT/FITNESS GOALS->

Current Weight: 172
Goal Weight: 135-125
Current Dress Size: 10 (i think)
Goal Size: 8 or 7
Fitness Goal: Lose about 40-50lbs, cinched in waist with no lovehandles, toned thighs and arms, toned glutes
How you will achieve goal: I want to do a bootcamp, its when you eat raw low-fat vegan foods and walk 2hrs daily, i want to do this for 21 days as a jumpstart and to cement healthier habits in my lifestyle. I am getting a gym membership soon. Most of all, I need to get motivation...

How do you Ladies stay motivated to lose weight and grow longer hair??

I'm 5'3 at 172.lbs....Can't believe we have about the same BMI because you look so much more smaller than me :blush: did you used to lift weights?

Hair:

Texture : natural
Goal : bsl or longer
Current length: about a 1/2 away from apl
Regimen: tba

Body:
5'2 170
Goal weight 150
I'm not real trying to lose as much as I want to gain muscle however I want to lose my stomach it's gotten big since I've started working at a call center.

I plan the exercise at least 4-5x per week doing 30 mins or more a day what ever my schedule a consist of . I'm trying to find good apps for my iPhone any suggestions I will take. I have a calorie one I just need one for exercise.when I get a structured routine I will update in a week with a structured routine.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm excited to join this challenge...and Im going to add in a personal Skin Challenge for myself :)
Hair Goals

HAIR GOALS->

Current Length: BSL (a little below actually)
2013 Goal Length: WSL
Hair type: 4A-4B
How you will achieve goal: I will continue to wear wigs and do deep moisture treatments, I would love to get a u-part wig with a lace frontal closure (dreams)

WEIGHT/FITNESS GOALS->

Current Weight: 172
Goal Weight: 135-125
Current Dress Size: 10 (i think)
Goal Size: 8 or 7
Fitness Goal: Lose about 40-50lbs, cinched in waist with no lovehandles, toned thighs and arms, toned glutes
How you will achieve goal: I want to do a bootcamp, its when you eat raw low-fat vegan foods and walk 2hrs daily, i want to do this for 21 days as a jumpstart and to cement healthier habits in my lifestyle. I am getting a gym membership soon. Most of all, I need to get motivation...

How do you Ladies stay motivated to lose weight and grow longer hair??

I can answer the losing weight part. I have a folder of body inspirations on my computer. Whenever I feel like skipping a workout or eating mcdonalds or some other junk, I look at the ladies in there to keep me focused. It works most of the time. :lachen:

hmm I need to make a hair inspiration folder, I feel like hair is different though. you just have to wait for it to grow. If you leave it alone it still grows. Too bad we cant just sit around and lose weight gradually :giggle:

BGT. My condolences for your loss

I have all the JM DVDs and am going to start her 30 day rotation of 30ds, nmtz and bfbm. If your interested in doing it with me let me know I'll post the schedule

Sent from outer space

Hi ladies!! Just checking in....sore as all get out from Monday but ready to hit it again tonight. The gym is so addictive!!! I love this feeling .....we got this y'all!

Back