HAIR GROWTH IS FAST BUT WEIRD

Edie

I have been taking a hugh amount of biotin (12MG Per Day) plus an assortment of vitamins. Well my hair is growing very fast but kind of weird. The back and front grow anyway from 3/4 to 1 inch in two weeks (I am not kidding).

But the middle part which is the thickest of all my hair grows only about a half inch in two weeks. Does this part of my head need to be massaged or something?

ComfortablyNumb

Dang...what is the world are you taking? Maybe massaging would work but some people's hair grows faster in certain areas than in others no matter what they do. My hair grows faster on one side. It was to the point that I cut my hari lopsided just because I knew the other side would catch up and of course it did. I, personally, think a half inch in two weeks is great even if the other parts of your head are growing even faster.

dahllia

[ QUOTE ]
I have been taking a hugh amount of biotin (12MG Per Day) plus an assortment of vitamins. Well my hair is growing very fast but kind of weird. The back and front grow anyway from 3/4 to 1 inch in two weeks (I am not kidding).

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!!! Is that really possible???? I am really shocked that biotin can do this. The more I read about biotin, the more Im thinking maybe I should try it. 3/4 inch in 2 weeks... that's amazing.

Sade7

Edie, I increased my biotin to 12mg per day after reading your other post, two weeks ago today I braided my hair and i just measured a half inch of new growth and it seems to be consistent all over my head.... I'm so excited I just couldn't keep it to myself.... had to share with you guys.

ngaa

lol just wen i'd decided to lower my biotin dosages coz i thot i was takn too much

Edie

Edie,
Congrats on your superhuman hair growth. Any side effects from the megadoses of biotin?

I did break out at first, but seem to have stabilized. I just increased my B5 and other B vitamins doses. I think that helped.

Edie

WOW!!!! Is that really possible???? I am really shocked that biotin can do this. The more I read about biotin, the more Im thinking maybe I should try it. 3/4 inch in 2 weeks... that's amazing.

It may be amazing, but I have been measuring my hair every two weeks. I measured again last night and the back and front are 1 inch longer and the mid section 1/2 inch longer.

pebbles

That's an excellent amount of growth in such a short time. I'm lucky to get 1/2 an inch in a month. Usually I get about 1/4 of an inch in one month.

Edie

Edie, I increased my biotin to 12mg per day after reading your other post, two weeks ago today I braided my hair and i just measured a half inch of new growth and it seems to be consistent all over my head.... I'm so excited I just couldn't keep it to myself.... had to share with you guys.

I think the secret to the Biotin is that some people's bodies adjust to the dosage of biotin they are taking very quickly. I have been just skipping taking biotin and other vitamins, except my daily on week ends and starting back up on Monday. My doctor told me to skip taking biotin for about a week each month to keep my body from becoming use to the biotin and thus becoming unaffective. The reason I am taking such large doses is because biotin helps with my blood sugars (I am diabetic). My doctor is really progressive and believes in herbal, nutriative, as well as medicinal healing.

Dejuan42

Edie my doctor never told me that about skip taking vitamins for a week. i've probably got used to all my vitamins i've been taking for months.

brandy

Congrates on your wonderful growth!
I've been taking 7mg of biotin with a couple of other vitamins, amino acids, and minerals for the past 5 weeks.I had braids done 10 days ago and experienced about 1/2 an inch of growth at the back and the sides of my head. But the mid-front section of my head which is the thickest grew less. I am also wondering why?

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, I have not up my biotin yet I was going to do 12-15, what brand are you useing I am using spring valley
, helps with my nails but I dont know about my hair, Have you tried Daily washing,

Edie

HappyLocks

I am using a combination of Puritan Pride Biotin (5mg per day) and Freeda Biotin (5mg per day), plus my Nature Plus Ultra Hair vitamins which has 2mg of biotin.

marabou1

That's not as unusual as what's happening to me.

I already know that one side of your hair grows a little longer than the other, however, what's now happening to me is a little unusual.

Since taking Biotin, the hair on the right hands side of my hair grows at least 3 inches longer than the left. I have no choice but to get a hair cut every time I get a touch up!

I wish I knew why that happens.

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
HappyLocks

I am using a combination of Puritan Pride Biotin (5mg per day) and Freeda Biotin (5mg per day), plus my Nature Plus Ultra Hair vitamins which has 2mg of biotin.

[/ QUOTE ]

See u have the good brand,
Me spring valley, $1.38 walmart, I cant get those brands now, but That would be great, anyone, using cheaper biotin at 10 mg or more, getting great results like that,
thanks

Isis

[ QUOTE ]

That's not as unusual as what's happening to me.

I already know that one side of your hair grows a little longer than the other, however, what's now happening to me is a little unusual.

Since taking Biotin, the hair on the right hands side of my hair grows at least 3 inches longer than the left. I have no choice but to get a hair cut every time I get a touch up!

I wish I knew why that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - Maribou1, 3 inches longer on one side! I need to get me some Biotin!

I have experienced hair growing longer on one side than the other (not as dramatically as yours!). I wonder if it's because some of us sleep more on the same side, than the other.
Maybe the red blood cells feed the hair follicles more on one side while the other side doesn't get as much. Perhaps in your case, your right side is getting more nourishiment from the Biotin than the other. One way to find out is to sleep on both sides equally for a period of time and see what happens.