Hair Growth Rate, .5" per Month? REALLY NOW?

For Real Nah, How fast Does your Hair REALLY grow nah

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

naturalmanenyc

I do not think I'm at .5 per month. It's been about 4 months since my texlax and in some places I measured 1 inch and others 1.5 inches but I definitely have not found a 2 inch spiral curl in my 4a hair.

AtlantaJJ

My sister hair grows 2x as fast as mines.... although she doesn't relax she does dye her hair, blow dries, flat irons, uses grease with mineral oil..she loves pink lotion....and her hair grows like weeds.

I am natural and have been for over nine years.....I haven't done half as much as my sister has done to her hair -- and even when I started taking care of my hair...her hair still grows faster.

I think I am one of those ppl that only gets 3 inches a year. It really does depend on the person..... and even in families it varies.....
My son's hair grows so fast it's both annoying and expensive now that he want's to keep it in a nice tight cesar cut. He looks like he needs a cut in 2 weeks... and like he has a wig on in 4 weeks! LOL (Our hair grows the fastest in the top right behind and leading up to the crown area...His grows right out of that spiral thingie on the back of his head. Then we have to go to stylist that knows how to cut curly hair so that they don't jack his hair up by cutting against the sprial (what do you call that thing?)

luckiestdestiny

:pop::takecover: I never know how to answer these things because it seems that everyone already has an opinion to how fast hair CAN grow. I'll just say mine grows well over the average growth rate.

SweetSpirit86

I've been watching my hair...and I think it's a combination of 3c, 4a, and even some 4b thrown in on the sides. It all grows like a weed regardless. It's been less than two months since I chopped (bald shave) and my hair's a little over an inch when stretched. Granted the sides are a teeny bit shorter, and that's my hair that is of the 4 variety.

Kurly K

mine grows at least .5 inches a month i tracked mine with my color as well as sum others..but in the summer i get a bit more growth due to the humidity and moisture in the air..im thankful for my 6inches a yr