Hair is doing very fine....

fancypants007

Hi to all, I took my braids out this past weekend and again they just slipped right out. (I do my own braids) I would say in 8 weeks I got between 3/4 to 1" of new growth. My hair is natural and I have a hard time with tangles etc. I combed my hair to get all the shed hair out and I gave myself an overnight oil treatment. I washed my hair with Creme of Nature shampoo, and then gave myself a ORS mayo treatment without the heat for about 90 minutes. I put on my leave in conditioner and then proceeded to oil my scalp and I first sectioned my hair and then I detangle first with my fingers and then I combed through. I put Mega Growth on each section followed with S curl activator gel. I braided each section and then added more S curl to my ends followed by vaseline (recommendation made by Adrienne). I will be wearing a wig for the next two weeks until I rebraid my hair, but when I took down each braid to remoisturize, it was not really necessary as my hair was very moist. This is never true with my hair, I just can't seem to get rid of the dryness. I hope I found the right products that work for my hair. I noticed I have a slight buildup so I will clarify tomorrow and then use Elucence Extended Repair Treatment with heat so I can strengthen and build up my hair before reapplying braids. Anyway I was impressed, I just wanted to share.

Compassion

Wow! Congrats on your hair health. /images/graemlins/clap.gif I'm relatively new here. But in any event, I know you must be proud and excited! I just had to wish you well, because I know how you feel. With each passing day, I feel freer hair wise (not totally dependant on my stylist). Enjoy!

Compassion

hairfanatic

That is FANTASTIC FancyPants! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Now that's what I call some hair growth! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jenai

/images/graemlins/weird.gif

Hooray for your new growth, Fancypants! Keep us posted on your progress.