I think I may have solved my hair problems....

fancypants007

I never use to do deep conditioners with heat, so I started doing this after I took down my braids about 2 weeks ago. I purchased some product from Sizta2Sizta.com and I used the Halt Hair Breakage and sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes. After rinsing it out, I then did a 1 hour moisturising treatment without heat and rinsed. I started back using the Mane n Tail Detangler and I sprayed it on each section and started detangling with my hair pick and I lost very little hair. I tried this again the second week, but this time I used another conditioner I purchased from Sizta2Sizta that has both protein and moisturizers and I combed thru my hair and got under hair dryer for 30 minutes and rinse. I followed up with 1 hour moisturising conditioner without heat and rinsed. I detangled using Mane n Tail Detangler and again I lost very little hair. This is quite impressive for me because I always use to lose about a golf ball worth of hair and it always seemed like it was coming from my hair ends. I am about 16 weeks post relaxer and the new growth was very easy to comb. I will continue to use heat with my deep conditioner treatment with the hopes of gaining healthy hair. I decided at the beginning of the year to give myself 1 more year (December 09) to see if I can achieve the kind of hair that I desire. If it is not happening then, I think I will just give up. The battle is too hard, and I have been fighting this battle for too long. I'm giving myself to the end of this year and I'm going to try to hold off in giving myself a touch up until then. Who would have thought that deep conditioning with heat was something that my hair liked or perhaps maybe it's the products I'm using that is causing my hair to be happy. Anyhow, I'm happy that I have solved one of my hair problems which is a big "plus" for me. Just wanted to share.

silkii_locks

Glad to hear this. Deep conditioning with heat is an excellent way to infuse moisture into the hair, keep it up.:yep:

Ericka

If you haven't already tried this, try applying the conditioner to dry hair then deep condition for 30 mins. This works wonders too.

Hair Iam

Thanks for sharing, I started the M& tale detangler about a week ago ..its been areal blessing :grin:

p.s ..feeling you on the 1 more year thing

PittiPat

Hmmmmm...... I never deep condition with heat. I may need to try this. I'm glad you found something that's working well for you OP.

newflowers

Deep conditioning with heat makes a significane difference in the efficacy of a treatment. I notice you are also working to balance the moisture and protein - that will help tremendously. I highly recommend the steam treatment as well - two towels and a couple of plactic bags is all you need. Check the stickies - your hair will love this and thank you for doing it. Keep working it - never speak defeat and never give up!

Raven - if you don't have a dryer fear not - deep conditioning with heat is still possible. Try the steam treatment or put in the conditioner, put a bag on your head, and then put on a beanie - you'll generate your own heat. It takes a little longer but works like a charm.

Ivy Santolina

Thanks for sharing your success with us, and congratulations on discovering what your hair likes. The journey can be frustrating but it's well worth the effort.

fancypants007

Deep conditioning with heat makes a significane difference in the efficacy of a treatment. I notice you are also working to balance the moisture and protein - that will help tremendously. I highly recommend the steam treatment as well - two towels and a couple of plactic bags is all you need. Check the stickies - your hair will love this and thank you for doing it. Keep working it - never speak defeat and never give up!

Raven - if you don't have a dryer fear not - deep conditioning with heat is still possible. Try the steam treatment or put in the conditioner, put a bag on your head, and then put on a beanie - you'll generate your own heat. It takes a little longer but works like a charm.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a hair steamer that I purchased about 6 or 7 years ago. I used it alot when I was natural but I found out that it works better if your hair is relaxed. The reason being is the steam draws your natural hair closer to the scalp which makes it difficult to comb or detangle. I have 2 inches of new growth and I'm trying to protect it which is why I prefer to use the dome dryer instead of my hair steamer.

Platinum

I never use to do deep conditioners with heat, so I started doing this after I took down my braids about 2 weeks ago. I purchased some product from Sizta2Sizta.com and I used the Halt Hair Breakage and sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes. After rinsing it out, I then did a 1 hour moisturising treatment without heat and rinsed. I started back using the Mane n Tail Detangler and I sprayed it on each section and started detangling with my hair pick and I lost very little hair. I tried this again the second week, but this time I used another conditioner I purchased from Sizta2Sizta that has both protein and moisturizers and I combed thru my hair and got under hair dryer for 30 minutes and rinse. I followed up with 1 hour moisturising conditioner without heat and rinsed. I detangled using Mane n Tail Detangler and again I lost very little hair. This is quite impressive for me because I always use to lose about a golf ball worth of hair and it always seemed like it was coming from my hair ends. I am about 16 weeks post relaxer and the new growth was very easy to comb. I will continue to use heat with my deep conditioner treatment with the hopes of gaining healthy hair. I decided at the beginning of the year to give myself 1 more year (December 09) to see if I can achieve the kind of hair that I desire. If it is not happening then, I think I will just give up. The battle is too hard, and I have been fighting this battle for too long. I'm giving myself to the end of this year and I'm going to try to hold off in giving myself a touch up until then. Who would have thought that deep conditioning with heat was something that my hair liked or perhaps maybe it's the products I'm using that is causing my hair to be happy. Anyhow, I'm happy that I have solved one of my hair problems which is a big "plus" for me. Just wanted to share.

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try this when I remove my braids.