Do you keep a hair joural

• Yes

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 38.8%

• Total voters

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I was wondering if any of you ladies kept a hair journal to document what products you use and how you change your regminen?

I find mine really useful cause I like to look back and see how I've tweaked my regimen and stuff like that

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I keep one at LHC, the link is in the siggy. I update it everyday and it's really helpful because I can always look back to see where something could have gone wrong or why my hair might be acting up.

ak46

I keep a journal too. It keeps me on top of things. I also plan everything in a monthly calendar. I keep a journal online and as a book.

texasqt

I keep a journal on LHCF. I keep up with my wash days and things that I've added or deleted from my regimen and why. I wish more people would so I could stalk -No :wasntme: I mean gain more information :bookworm: on what works and how to use stuff outside of the regular directions. The pics are great but the info would be better :grin:

Victorian

old head
Yes! I love my hair journal! It's called BC Central and you can get to it from my profile or siggy :grin:
Before I started my current hair site on Diaryland.com, I had one here at LHCF. I did save all the entries from that one before I migrated over to Diaryland.
It's fun (and helpful) to look back and remember stuff you tried and what sucked and realize how much your hair has grown.
Look at this entry I wrote last year when I still had my LHCF journal:

================================================================================

Title: Long hair dreams Date:: 07-05-2005 at 09:35 PM

Entry Url: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/journal.php?do=showentry&e=1653

================================================================================

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been recently inspired by the super long-haired ladies on the board :love:

My original goal was to grow my natural hair to armpit length all around when stretched. I have a bunch of milestone goals, including getting the back comfortably at armpit length by Christmas. And then the plan was to keep it trimmed at that length until the front catches up.

Buuuuut....with all these examples of waist length and tail bone hair, it has crossed my mind to leave the scissors out of my hair and just let it grow. The ends of my hair now are about 21 months old. If I retained my growth for another 2 years, I'd be at least to midback. *stares dreamily into space*

Buuuut...who knows what my hair will be like as it gets longer. Maybe it will just be too tangled or too much to deal with at that length.

Buuuuut...the only way to know is to try. Maybe I will just let it keep growing.Well, I've got plenty of time to decide anyhow.
And fast forward to now, I have indeed let my hair just keep growing. The front of my hair has just reached APL and the back is MBL!! It really doesn't seem like it was that long ago when you look back. Hooray for journals!

I was right about the tangles, though...:mad:

angie10

I use my fotki journal, I might start using the LHCF one also. It's a good idea to use it, I can always go back and see what I did.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I'm using my LHCF Journal. It's fun to do and I like to look back to see techniques and products I've tried. Prayerfully, I'll achieve hair length and surpass my hair health. Now if I could only pay that much attention to my work! :lol:

camellia

I used to make notes about my hair and progress in my regular journal, I really slacked off on writing in it. I need to start again.

Aveena

I use lhcf journal. I don't know how to post pics and am still learning how to track progress but it is helpful to read other journals and learn as well as track my own progres.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Fran said:
I use lhcf journal. I don't know how to post pics and am still learning how to track progress but it is helpful to read other journals and learn as well as track my own progres.

Hi Fran,
eKomba posted this to another lady on the board. I just tried it and it works! Go to my Journal to get the instructions.

http://www.fotki.com

amwcah

Yes, I began keeping a hair journal when I discovered LHCF. I am so upset that I'm just now discovering this website. :mad: :)

Evazhair

My hair journal is formatted like a lab book: very detailed, and it is really helping me find what works, so I can focus on not being a PJ, and finding what helps me stretch my relaxers.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I keep one on notepad in my "101 things to do in 1,001 days" folder. I look back and see myself saying "Oh! This works!! Let's try something new" and roll my eyes.

discodumpling

Yes I keep a public hair journal on my blog at The Long Hair Community. I've maintained this blog since 2007 and find it helpful when i want to remember my last trim, henna, protein treatment etc.

winona

This is one of the best things I could have done:) I use an excel document. The headings are:

Date
Activity
Product
Results
Concoctions

I freeze the headings so they scroll down the page. I use excel because it makes it super organized and easy to search. When I first started documenting I used a Word document. This made it hard if I was just looking for products or ingredients in a particular product.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-27 at 6.59.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-12-27 at 6.59.01 AM.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33