Hair Journal

Iluvsmuhgrass

Creating My Own Hair Journal

Hey Ladies. I hope this post finds you all blessed.... and if not I hope you get a blessing and a half! :)

I've gone through tons of hair products and instead of listing them on here, i'd either kept them or given them to friends and family. Some stuff my hair LOVED. Some stuff it HELL-HATED. I paid attention but didn't always use them right. Now I'm revisiting the tried and trues.

I was sitting here when I had an epiphany. I was playing with my NG and it hit me WOW I'm wolfing!:grin: Then it hit me. I'm coming up on being 9 weeks post. My SO doesn't want me to get it relaxed. He likes the length but he loves playing with my NG. Truth is, I do too. Stretching is awesome.... It just may cause me to transition if I learn how to deal properly with my different textures. I like being relaxed but.... I'm thinking I should keep texlaxing and invest in a maxiglide or a chi lol. Anyways.... Here's my thing though.

1. My hair responds to products differently based on whether I'm freshly relaxed or 7 wks post or 15 wks post. I really need to make a journal. A sort of "HOW TO FOR MY HAIR" guide. I've tried other methods shared and some worked... some didn't. When I find ways to cope I need to write it down. Not for relaxed hair... but how to cope with my hair in EACH stage of growth! AND my hair responds differently based on my body's needs and weather. It finally hit me.... I need to write MY own hair guide instead of following everybody else's.

2. Co-washing. I can't solely co-wash. I have to wash mainly because my hair hates being clarified. So I alternate a little CON and DC or protein and Co-washing. This has worked for me. It boils down to me wetting my head 2-4 times a week. My hair stays soft and strong (with protein).

3. My hair loves oils. Coconut and castor oils are my friend.

So in short..... I need to write down what really works for my hair so I can refer to it when the same problems come up lol. :p

Last edited:

LivingDoll

:yep:...it does. A lot of us here keep hair journals. Some people actually have binders and chapters and stuff...:lachen:...girl, this here hair growing is serious business. There have been a few threads about it before. It's a great thing to have. I also write my wish list in mine. It's small enough to carry in my purse so I always have it.

HHG!

Creatividual

Getting to know your hair is like getting to know a person! LOL. I too have a hair journal on here (it's disabled right now) to document my progress, trials, tribulations, beneficial information, and wish lists. My journal documents so many things I tried: co-washing (which didnt work for me), shikakai shampoo bar, stretching, product reviews, length decisions, etc. It's great to look back and see what you were thinking a while back and how far you have come now.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Think this is what I need to do, I mean, I take photos to track progress, but I never track which products and what technique worked best for my hair or didn't. I want to avoid as many setbacks as possible, so far so good, but thats because I've decided to braid my hair for the whole year. Time to get organize...

LaNecia

:yep:...it does. A lot of us here keep hair journals. Some people actually have binders and chapters and stuff...:lachen:...girl, this here hair growing is serious business. There have been a few threads about it before. It's a great thing to have. I also write my wish list in mine. It's small enough to carry in my purse so I always have it.

HHG!

:lol: at carry in your purse, cause I have mine with me as well. I also write my wishlist(s) in there, recipes, thoughts, regimen changes, product reviews, website links, you name it that's hair related. It's a great resource to have! My one book (spiral bound) spans 2005 - 2007. It's time to start on Volume II, My beloved got wet and the pages are hard to write on but the notes are still good. :drunk:

LivingDoll

:lol: at carry in your purse, cause I have mine with me as well. I also write my wishlist(s) in there, recipes, thoughts, regimen changes, product reviews, website links, you name it that's hair related. It's a great resource to have! My one book (spiral bound) spans 2005 - 2007. It's time to start on Volume II, My beloved got wet and the pages are hard to write on but the notes are still good. :drunk:

Yup...mine too! Girl, you should laminate the pages...:lachen:keep it for posterity.

LaNecia

As a matter of fact, it's lunch time...I'm off to buy a new book! Then I'll come back and enter todays notes about ingredient usage rates.....

temfash

Thats exactly waht I do I carry mine with me everywhere and list products, regimens, techniques that work and don't for future reference. It really is a great resource.