Hair Journalling

Dare~to~Dream

For years, I used the calendar on my phone because I could have a record of everything I used/did plus any result that I wanted to make a notation of on that particular date. Now, I use a book called My Healthy Hair Journey. I like that you can take inventory of the products you are using and your regimen with an option to update your regimen in 3 months if you want as well as space track your trims. Every week you write down what you used on your hair and what you like/didn't like. The only thing I don't like about the book is that sometimes I feel like there isn't enough room to write everything down that I used during my weekly shampoo and conditioning session but overall it is a good starter journal. I will be looking into others to try once this one is finished as there are several on Amazon.

Also....Glow By Daye has a free downloadable planner. It's pretty basic but if you want something that's more of a planner style then it is available in addition to any journals you might use.

long.hair.dont.care

I use Google Docs and a Notepad app on my phone.

The detailed activity gets put onto my phone app bc it's easier.
And then I use Google Docs to summarize each month using those notes and inserting any photos.
I think I might go this route. Thanks for sharing @MzSwift :)

I use a notebook where and created a template for each week. I'm hoping to turn it into a digital journal soon.
Interesting! What does your template include?

long.hair.dont.care

I've used an app before (ions ago, I dont remember the name at all) and didnt redownload that app. :look:

I downloaded and fancy Glow By Daye hair journal you suggested @Dare~to~Dream - thank you! I like the lay out, it's pretty and convenient if I wanted to print it out.

I'll try to recreate my own hair journal via Google Sheets cause I'm a bit nerdy, and want to keep track of statistics as well as my ratings of products that I use. I dont have many products now that I know what works for washday, but when it comes to styling products, that's a whole new journey to take on. Apparently you can get emails from dates within a Google Sheet or automated scheduled emails via info from a Google Sheet. Seems like I'll have to download an add-on so that Google Sheets emails me notifications. We shall see!

Also I never remember when it's the ideal time for me to trim again, :giggle: automated email reminders would be great. I know I can get reminders from my cell phone, but I prefer to have everything in one platform as much as possible.

Last edited:

snoop

I've used an app before (ions ago, I dont remember the name at all) and didnt redownload that app. :look:

I downloaded and fancy Glow By Daye hair journal you suggested @Dare~to~Dream - thank you! I like the lay out, it's pretty and convenient if I wanted to print it out.

I'll try to recreate my own hair journal via Google Sheets cause I'm a bit nerdy, and want to keep track of statistics as well as my ratings of products that I use. I dont have many products now that I know what works for washday, but when it comes to styling products, that's a whole new journey to take on. Apparently you can get emails from dates within a Google Sheet or automated scheduled emails via info from a Google Sheet. Seems like I'll have to download an add-on so that Google Sheets emails me notifications. We shall see!

Also I never remember when it's the ideal time for me to trim again, :giggle: automated email reminders would be great. I know I can get reminders from my cell phone, but I prefer to have everything in one platform as much as possible.

When I first went natural, I used an app too. If I recall the logo was a nondescript black lady on a purple circle? Healthy Hair Journey or something like that. It was helpful. I think that it had a photo section, but I don't think I used it. I might have used Fotki instead for photos, but just barely since I didn't know what I was doing.